Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even if I expected a result like this against Venezia, I just wanna move on and forget about that match since we aint facing the anymore and they are a irrelevant club I think its time to look ahead to our next opponent.

Reading the Venezia-inter thread I could tell how many interisti were confident about our chances, but something just didnt feel right, we just had been perfect in against so call small teams ( without counting parma) and I felt that winning streak would end in a draw *note I dont consider Chievo in the smaller kind of teams there more middle of the table IMO.

Now Torino, we had a very tough match against them at delle alpi, we were lucky when Ventola got that penalty for us, if not the game could had been a easy draw. It is also good to remind people that even if Roma beat Torino, toro outplay them, and Roma were lucky because the referee didnt call a penalty; against Juventus they were down 3-0 and came back to a 3-3 end result, Vs Milan the won 1-0 in Terim last game, Torino has also won against Lazio on sunday, so it couldnt be any clearer this is no small team.

There best player is Antonino Asta a mid field who often plays as a right wing and will cause inter all sort of problem, he has a lot of heart, is a fighter and plays like a madman he also like impressing bigger clubs to get out of Torino.

In the first half of our previous game against them we were lucky not to be down 2-0 they created very close chances.

You get the picture it will be a very difficult match for us, we wont have Ronaldo, Recoba Or the master in dissapearing, Mr Dalmat, there no updates on his conditions of nothing, he just vanish from the planet.

We must win if we want to keep pace with Roma and not fall third behind juve, however I see this as a very tough game if we win we are very very lucky :D, and I hope inter gets a 4-0 massacre of Toro too prove me wrong, but i dont see it happening.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
still no dalmat, no recoba, and no ronaldo...well, at times, torino have played quite well...they've beaten milan, lazio...and drawn with juve...kinda hard to predict them but no matter what, we gotta beat them...i still have confidence in fiorentina and i believe that they can give roma a little bit hard time...

·
Registered
870 Posts
i also consider this to be a VERY tough game...the way Asta plays scares me....that man is like the combination of Gatusso, Edgar Davids, and Giggs, Dribbles like crazy, run like a mustang, and fight like a bull

hope Gresko can handle him... considering how he really improves his defence in the last several matches...oh...i'm scared...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
THey have good players no question about it...But keep in mind they had the same players the last time we played them on their home turf and beat them 1-0. Now they have matured and so have we and we are playing them on our turf..

It wont be easy but i know how frustrated our players were afte tw2 lost points they know we cant afford a loss of points again.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Asta, mmmmmmmm.;) . He is 34 years old with offensive skills that could make any boy look like an oldie. Acceleration, passing, dribbling, fighting. He is just the Class-action in Turin. Way better than Zamrotta and should be in the WC-team.

Move Zanetti to the left, out with Gresko and in with Vivas on the right.back.Thats my recepie for Saturdaynight.

Asta did´nt play against Lazio. Why is that?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
did u guys now that hes an Interista... Asta really is a great player and i would welcome him to inter.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
asta move to inter? isnt he too old , bro? he is great player but too old and probably wont stand for next two season. we better recruit promising young players like d'alessandro :)

but asta is good, very impressing.:eek:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
this is gonna be a big game for Inter they have to keep winning and they needed to win at Venezia with now Juventus and Roma turning up the heat;).If Inter lose this game it could be the breaking point of the Inter challenge:).

I hope Inter can win they have the players but nothing is assured in Serie A and we all experienced that in the Venezia match:).

FORZA INTER

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the chances of a draw are like 70% inter winning 20% and torino winning 10 %

Upset as in a 3-2 defeat to udinese at home, after your superstar miss yet another penalty? Or upset as in the failure the current season is for milan, who was suppose to fight for the scudetto?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Re: Inter-Torino

SLIM _SHADY said:
I smell upset...
I think there is something wrong with your nose...you can only smell upset, ....oh, you must be smelling yourself.....

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Re: Re: Inter-Torino

[L7] said:

I think there is something wrong with your nose...you can only smell upset, ....oh, you must be smelling yourself.....
Hillarious, I think fio will beat Roma, they are at last getting a nice trend in their play. Inter needsome early chances to win this one. I cannot see us reall breaking down the wings at all. And We have to play Guly this game. I know i sound like a drunkard, but Asta is that dangerous. gresko, Cordoba and Guly are just enouygh to keep this guy out, he is pretty dangerous. Emre would Emre would challenge his speed.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
TRAINING IN PINETINA: RECOBA AND DALMAT RECOVERING APART
29 Jan 2002 - 16:00 latest news

APPIANO GENTILE - This morning, Inter players have been training in Pinetina. After warming-up, the black and blue have been running 400, 800 and 1000 meters' series under the supervision of Juan Alfano.
On the other hand, Alvaro Recoba and Stephane Dalmat continue working apart. Both black and blue are recovering from their injuries. Today the French midfielder has been working out at the gym ; the Uruguayan , after the gym, has been running under the supervision of Claudio Gaudino.
Also Padalino and Okan continue their recovery programme: the Italian has been working out at the gym while the Turkish has done a physiotherapy session.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
as so how long are we looking for Recoba or Dalmat to re-enter...could we see a surprise entrance from dalmat or what...

BTW what kind of injury did Dalmat have..???

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
dalmat was suffered tigh-bone resentment after inter versus fio last november. ;)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I know Recoba out at least another 2 weeks Now ROnaldo probably another 2 weeks how much longer is Dalmat expected to be OUT 2WEEKS?

Well anyway...V torino we need to go in to this game mentally strong...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Dalmat pulled his thigh against Viola when he tried to do a backheel with the ball. The the cold weather was probably the culprit.

And atually Asta is only around 30 so he really isn't that old....He is in terrific form but Torino only plays 3 at the back...besides...Castellini isn't exactly a dynamite on the left hand side so maybe Conceicao and Zanetti can exploit this oppurtunity...

1 - 20 of 118 Posts