Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
24,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter Milan vs Torino Head-to-Head
In 22 previous encounters between the two sides, Inter Milan hold the clear advantage. They have won 11 games, lost four and drawn seven.

Inter Milan form guide in Serie A: D-L-W-D-D

Torino form guide in Serie A: L-D-L-W-D

Inter Milan have a few issues to deal with. Manager Antonio Conte will be unable to call upon the services of Italian midfielder Stefano Sensi and Uruguay international Matias Vecino, who are both injured.

Veteran left-back Aleksandar Kolarov, Croatian midfielder Marcelo Brozovic and goalkeeper Daniele Padelli have all tested positive for coronavirus and will be unavailable for this game.

Injured: Stefano Sensi, Matias Vecino

Doubtful: None

Suspended: None

Meanwhile, Torino manager Marco Giampaolo will be without centre-back Armando Izzo and midfielder Daniele Baselli, who are both nursing injuries and will be unavailable.

Injured: Daniele Baselli, Armando Izzo

Doubtful: None

Suspended: None

Inter Milan vs Torino Predicted XI
Inter Milan Predicted XI (3-5-2): Samir Handanovic, Milan Skriniar, Stefan de Vrij, Alessandro Bastoni, Matteo Darmian, Nicolo Barella, Christian Eriksen, Arturo Vidal, Ashley Young, Lautaro Martinez, Romelu Lukaku

Torino Predicted XI (4-3-3): Salvatore Sirigu, Mergim Vojvoda, Bremer, Lyanco Vojnovic, Ricardo Rodriguez, Soualiho Meite, Tomas Rincon, Karol Linetty, Sasa Lukic, Simone Verdi, Andrea Belotti

I doubt that will be the lineup. This one below looks more likely.

Expecting Starting XI (3-5-2): Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Hakimi,Vidal, Gagliardini, Young, Barella; Lautaro Martinez, Lukaku

Unavailable: Aleksandar Kolarov (COVID-19), Marcelo Brozovic (COVID-19), Daniele Padelli (COVID-19), Stefano Sensi (muscle injury), Matias Vecino (knee injury)

·
Registered
45,660 Posts
I guess this will be the thread where I'll say it. We need to find a new starting keeper ASAP.

Love Handanovic but we just can't afford to have slumps lasting half seasons. He used to be Mr Big Save on the regular (almost every match where he's tested)...we've barely seen anything of the sort since the start of the season.

Every time you think about challenging for a trophy, your keeper needs to be MVP material. JC was exactly that for us and showed it even though we had an incredible defence overall. Handa was MVP even when our defence was lame AF but, nowadays, he doesn't look to be near that level. I think it's time for him to hand-over the reigns in the way Toldo did to JC.

Reactions: Osman

·
Registered
61,096 Posts
Conte should rotate surely after the international matches and prior to Real Madrid

My team for Torino:

Samir, Frog, DD, Bastoni/Skriniar, Young, Darmian, Gagliardini, Nainggolan, Eriksen, Lukaku, Lautaro.

That way the Chileans rest, same for De Vrij, Barella, one of Bastoni or Skriniar and Hakimi.

·
Registered
61,096 Posts
I guess this will be the thread where I'll say it. We need to find a new starting keeper ASAP.

Love Handanovic but we just can't afford to have slumps lasting half seasons. He used to be Mr Big Save on the regular (almost every match where he's tested)...we've barely seen anything of the sort since the start of the season.

Every time you think about challenging for a trophy, your keeper needs to be MVP material. JC was exactly that for us and showed it even though we had an incredible defence overall. Handa was MVP even when our defence was lame AF but, nowadays, he doesn't look to be near that level. I think it's time for him to hand-over the reigns in the way Toldo did to JC.
Already making final judgements 10 matches into the season?

JC already had experience as Brazil gk when he was signed, can't be compared with Radu/Padelli now.

Most of the goals we conceded this season so far were due to bad defending, tbf.

Pretty sure Samir will prove a lot of doubters wrong like he tends to do.

Anyhow the club standing by him by offering him an extension in time of harsh criticism is great.

Eventually we will need a new gk, though, obviously.. May be Oblak to replace his countryman like in the Slovenian NT.

·
Registered
45,660 Posts
How do you know it's eventually and not imminently? And when you eventually announce it's time, why won't the same arguments you're making now apply (i.e. he'll prove the doubters wrong again).

You have to take a position at some point. Even during Handa's previous slumps, these did not last long and he was still making big saves here and there.

If you're in charge of transfers, you'd be NUTS if you weren't lining up a keeper purchase at the end of the season.

And I don't know what you mean by comparing JC to Radu or Padelli...I never did that.

If you read what I said, it was that we should line up a new keeper for Handanovic to gradually hand-over to...like Toldo and JC. And yes, Oblak would be the ideal candidate.

·
Registered
61,096 Posts
He already made some big saves this season. Real Madrid would have scored 5 had not for him, if you want an example of a high profile opponent. Against Benevento he gave away the first goal but made a couple of saves in the second half to make up for that. He denied Kouame a certain goal in Inter v Fiorentina, made a good save against Luis Alberto in Lazio v Inter. Anyhow Neuer just shipped 6 and Stegen had shipped 8 last season, no one said they are finished though. If I see a pattern of mistakes from Samir I would demand he becomes second choice for next season and we buy a new starting gk, but I think it's premature and he is blamed when a lot of the goals are hardly his mistake. Let's see how the rest of the season unfolds, Samir has done enough to merit faith in him.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
61,096 Posts
Torino have 3 players out with covid though they didn't announce who they are. Just said they are international players. Those are the international players at Torino based on the most recent international break:

·
Registered
61,096 Posts
The 4 Torino players out with covid are not exactly world beaters. Gojak, Ujkani, Vojvoda and Lukic. The players that matter are called up, mainly Sirigu and Belotti.

·
Registered
61,096 Posts

Too bad I don't have Inter channel/tv. Don't think it's subscribable in Egypt to begin with.

They don't show live matches as far as I know but a channel showing Inter stuff all day is fun. Especially older games.

·
Registered
61,096 Posts

Substitutes: 35 Stankovic, 97 Radu, 6 de Vrij, 10 Lautaro, 14 Perisic, 24 Eriksen, 36 Darmian, 37 Skriniar, 42 Moretti, 44 Nainggolan, 46 Vezzoni, 51 Wieser.

---

I would have rested Hakimi and Vidal but good that a couple of cbs and Lautaro get a rest. Hopefully we won't need them. No Sensi not even on the bench. No Pinamonti, injured.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
So Skriniar, De Vrij and Lautaro rested.

·
Registered
61,096 Posts
Yeah.

Kolarov and Brozovic Covided.

·
Registered
61,096 Posts
Not liking the Performance

·
Registered
61,096 Posts
Vidal closest to the Inter strikers

·
Registered
24,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hakimi 0/2 on the crosses so far, tried to assist Ansaldi and now missed the ball completely when having a great opportunity to score. Not a great start to the game.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts