Xtratime Community banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
We are second now (better hth than Lazio as we won 1-0 at home and lost 2-1 away), I thought you would be happy with that red? I still maintain my stance of not caring much if we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th though. Just get CL spot secured and rotate for Getafe. They drew 0-0 with Alaves today btw, I watched the first half and almost slept.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
There's also a 10 million difference in prize/TV money between 2nd and 4th place, according to the TV commentator at least.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Hmm 10mill ain't bad. Ok, but we still shouldn't tire the players til the last matchday for 10mill, at least in the last couple of league games (if CL is secure) we should rotate heavily.

Progression in Europe matters more than 10mill imo

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Torino have done what they had already done before so many times in this season. They have a centerforward who scores (he also hit a crossbar) and a goalie who makes brilliant saves, but that's it. In the first half they were so faultless that I hardly recognized them but in the second half I saw the Torino I had watched so many times before. I told you before: they concede a lot and that makes them the perfect opponent for a team which is better than them.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Godin is the 19th different scorer for Inter this season.

Only the 3 goalies, Skriniar, Asamoah and Moses are yet to score this season.

This Inter has scored more than juve after 32 games. Although I think we should have scored more to kill off games like Sassuolo, Bologna and Verona (most recently)

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Lol can't believe Steven Zhang STREAMS Inter matches.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Lots of "if only's"

If only Gagliardini scored that sitter from 6 yards against Sassuolo

If only Lautaro scored the penalty against Bologna

If only Lautaro passed to an open Alexis in Verona

If only Young was awarded a penalty against Cagliari in Milano in January (before the equalizer of Inter-owned Nainggolan..)

If only Donati was sent off after 20 minutes in Lecce-Inter..

etc..

·
Registered
59,120 Posts

So Atalanta v Inter will be 3 days before Getafe. Would be brainless to play any starter in Bergamo unless we are still not assured of CL qualification. Especially as we will probably lose to Atalanta anyway..

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Candreva is such a frustrating player at times. Thankfully we didn't "need" the goals this time. But his propensity for going for personal glory rather than giving teammates the open goal is infuriating. I don't know if it's tunnel vision or pure selfishness.

At 3-1 up I think it can be understandable that he would go for goal from 9-10 yards out but yeah he could have passed it.

His numbers are very good this season though for a wingback. 6 goals and 9 assists overall.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Candreva is a "shoot first" player and that makes it very frustrating when he gets into good positions. But he's been pretty decent in terms of shots and does get goals, so shooting is warranted. I wish this was more situational though, i.e. shoot when there aren't players in good positions to pass to, shoot when you're in a great position.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Motm

Scored a well taken volley for the equalizer and his beautiful pass to Alexis led to the 2nd goal.

Well done Ashley Giovane!

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Candreva is a "shoot first" player and that makes it very frustrating when he gets into good positions. But he's been pretty decent in terms of shots and does get goals, so shooting is warranted. I wish this was more situational though, i.e. shoot when there aren't players in good positions to pass to, shoot when you're in a great position.
A lot of Inter pages shitting on Candreva and calling him names because he didn't pass against Torino, totally ignoring that 6 goals and 9 assists for a winger playing as a wingback is an excellent return even if he doesn't score or assist again this season.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
@Nacka

Don't forget the Spal thread. And the Recoba shirt. Although I don't think he ever faced Spal as they were in lower leagues in Chino's time so I have my doubts over the effectiveness of the Torino shirt for Thursday's match.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
I was watching the game again calmly and for 80% of the first half we were pretty much camped in Torino's half, with more attempts, possession, corner kicks... Just missing some accuracy to score, and also Sirigu was good when he had to be. So I don't think the first half was as awful as others suggested, but obviously the shit goal conceded and the result both cloud judgement. Torino certainly scored against the run of play out of nothing. There are suspicions over Aina fouling Valero in the buildup to the corner kick, and Belotti shoving Young to go all clear.

Btw had Eriksen's late shot went in it would have been yet another Candreva assist this season. Too bad it was a shot that was pretty much straight at Sirigu.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts