Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is where the redemption arc starts and we begin building a nice foundation for the Europa League adventure and the 2020/2021 season.

Inter Milan possible starting lineup:
Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Candreva, Gagliadini, Brozovic, Young; Eriksen; Sanchez, Martinez

Torino possible starting lineup:
Sirigu; Izzo, Nkoulou, Bremer; Aina, Meite, Rincon, Ansaldi; Verdi, Belotti, Berenguer

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Indisponsibili: Sensi, Barella, Moses, Lukaku and... red.

Gazzetta expects Young and Gagliardini to be replaced with Biraghi and Vecino. Makes sense, Young played 3 games in a row and he is hardly 'young', and Gagliardini also played a lot recently.

Eriksen to start and Valero bench, I approve of that in a home game v toro

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
The problem is that we have 3 poor/average players in that starting 11.

Candreva, Gagliardini, Young (much as I like the guy and the effort he puts in).

Opposition teams can cut through Brozo-Gaglia-Eriksen like a scorching hot katana through melted butter.

I honestly think we will have a fight on to keep hold of 4th place. This team has so much self-destructive potential it is frankly unreal.

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Ok, red, but I remind that your opposition team tomorrow is Torino. Not Atalanta. Meite hardly makes me think to a samurai with a katana. It's quite clearly the worst Torino in ages, with a coach who is simply unfit for office and a bunch of players who do not have the right attitude.
Truth is that if Inter do not defeat Torino Conte must be sacked Lippi's way because he is simply not going to do anything good for you. "If", ok?
Not that I would start the next season with Conte anyway...

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
I watched Torino against Lazio and they were awful. But they are also desperate for points, and they have an excellent goalie in Sirigu and a striker like Belotti. Not to mention Verdi, a player who shined for Bologna (I still remember his great goal against us in 17-18)

Anyhow we should not underestimate anyone.

I remember that Meite dude scoring against us last season when we blew a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2...

I am not in favour of changing coach after just 1 season. In terms of finances and in terms of the sporting side. Give Conte next season and if no trophies are won, bring in Simeone for 21-22.

Gasperini and Klopp weren't achieving the results they are achieving now when they were in their first seasons at Atalanta and Liverpool respectively.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
I think it would likely be disastrous if Conte left. At this stage, when a big problem (imo) seems to be that players have checked out for the season (or never really checked in after the break), this shouldn't be a reason to get rid of the manager. Instead, the club should rally around the manager.

Conte has deficiencies like anyone else but he has very clear ideas and is a proven winner. People were calling him a genius at the start of the season and the team broke a record and was on track to achieve our best season in recent history. Sure, there were many missed opportunities in that time. But now we have a bad run, where the players don't look like themselves - not for a lack of tactics - and people want his head. What changed? It struck me that many people and media personalities just don't like him coaching at Inter. I keep seeing reports from Italy where the opinion is that Conte is bad and needs to go. We had a similar atmosphere when Mourinho joined. The thing is that Conte is known for packing up and leaving in a huff and this is probably the result that many external folks are looking for. Sadly, it seems people at the club have bought into this, if reports are accurate.

This isn't to say that Conte also needs to change and improve himself. That's true. But getting rid of him now for this is reckless and not justified at all, imo.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Vecino and Brozovic doubts for Inter
Football Italia

Inter will be without Matias Vecino against Torino, and rest Romelu Lukaku, but have decisions to make on whether to punish Marcelo Brozovic.

The game kicks off on Monday at 20.45 UK time (19.45 GMT), click here for a match preview.

According to the latest reports from Sky Sport Italia, Vecino has been ruled out, as his old knee injury has flared up again.

Lukaku will be rested after a knock to the back and slight thigh issue, so as not to run any risks of doing further damage.

This means Lautaro Martinez will be partnered by Alexis Sanchez.
There is still the issue of Brozovic, who was stopped for running a red light in the early hours of Saturday morning and then failed a breathalyser test.

According to the Corriere della Sera newspaper, Brozovic had his driving licence suspended.

Inter usually suspend players who have been in trouble off the field, albeit for just one match.

Considering the crisis situation, and the fact Brozovic was only slightly above the legal alcohol limit, it’s possible they will play him anyway against Torino.

---

I read that the limit for drinking and then driving in Italy is 0.50 and Brozovic reached 0.54, so doesn't seem to be a huge deal. A lot of Italians on social media are saying that a can of beer or an extra glass of wine can lead to that, so he was just over the legal limit but not drunk. Well, from what I understood anyway, not an alcohol expert at all.

Here's to hoping he plays, scores and then celebrates by pretending to drink. That would be amusing.

At most he should be fined imo. It's not like he showed up drunk to training. He didn't get into an accident either.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
I think it would likely be disastrous if Conte left. At this stage, when a big problem (imo) seems to be that players have checked out for the season (or never really checked in after the break), this shouldn't be a reason to get rid of the manager. Instead, the club should rally around the manager.

Conte has deficiencies like anyone else but he has very clear ideas and is a proven winner. People were calling him a genius at the start of the season and the team broke a record and was on track to achieve our best season in recent history. Sure, there were many missed opportunities in that time. But now we have a bad run, where the players don't look like themselves - not for a lack of tactics - and people want his head. What changed? It struck me that many people and media personalities just don't like him coaching at Inter. I keep seeing reports from Italy where the opinion is that Conte is bad and needs to go. We had a similar atmosphere when Mourinho joined. The thing is that Conte is known for packing up and leaving in a huff and this is probably the result that many external folks are looking for. Sadly, it seems people at the club have bought into this, if reports are accurate.

This isn't to say that Conte also needs to change and improve himself. That's true. But getting rid of him now for this is reckless and not justified at all, imo.
Naturally there are juventini in Italian media and they want Conte at Inter to fail and leave more than they would want Inter to fail with let's say a French or German or Spanish coach. Hence added media pressure and a lot of fabricated crap.

It's similar to the news of Marotta leaving Inter, something Marotta himself described as fake news.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Brozo deserves a drink or two. And he's Croatian after all, so I'd be worried if he didn't drink. But for Pete's sake, don't drive afterwards.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
I remember that Meite dude scoring against us last season when we blew a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2....
The problem of Meite is definitely not the technical skills or the potential.

As regards Sirigu and Belotti, the former makes a lot saves and the latter scores one goal per game lately, but the team as a whole concedes a lot of opportunities to the opponent. Torino is right now the perfect opponent (to defeat) for a team which is simply better than them the way Inter are. This is the reason why if Inter lose this game then it's all on Conte. It would mean that right now he is doing a worse job than Moreno Longo, which is something!

Not that Conte is doing well anyway. He had a big chance to compete with a pretty bad Juventus, or at least the worst Juventus of the last 9 seasons, for the scudetto but he is already 8* points behind.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts

If you could get Allegri that would be a definite improvement, though I doubt that he would join Inter after building a great reputation with Juve and Milan. I would not be against Conte leaving if I were an Inter fan. It seems like shit is hitting the fan, unlike in Milan where they still want to change their manager for no good reason.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
If you could get Allegri that would be a definite improvement, though I doubt that he would join Inter after building a great reputation with Juve and Milan. I would not be against Conte leaving if I were an Inter fan. It seems like shit is hitting the fan, unlike in Milan where they still want to change their manager for no good reason.
If Conte who both played for and coached juve agrees to come to Inter then Allegri who never played for juve and also coached Milan (before juve) would accept. Conte was considered a huge traitor by juventini for doing this, I doubt anyone would call Allegri a traitor if he coaches Inter as he already coached Milan and juve anyhow.

I prefer Conte staying for stability and with a season under his belt there will be improvements next season. Don't want a new coach coming in and still needing time to get to know the club and the players. In any case Allegri should try his luck abroad at perhaps Arsenal or PSG or something.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
If Conte who both played for and coached juve agrees to come to Inter then Allegri who never played for juve and also coached Milan (before juve) would accept. Conte was considered a huge traitor by juventini for doing this, I doubt anyone would call Allegri a traitor if he coaches Inter as he already coached Milan and juve anyhow.

I prefer Conte staying for stability and with a season under his belt there will be improvements next season. Don't want a new coach coming in and still needing time to get to know the club and the players. In any case Allegri should try his luck abroad at perhaps Arsenal or PSG or something.
Interesting comparison but I think the mentalities between Allegri and Conte are different. I think Conte is a lot more impulsive as a person than Allegri. I think Allegri is more of the Ancelotti type and has more to lose. Conte had made a number of consecutive career-baffling moves in last years.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
If Conte does leave I prefer Cholo Simeone to Allegri in any case. What he achieved at Atletico is more impressive than what Allegri achieved.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
The problem of Meite is definitely not the technical skills or the potential.

As regards Sirigu and Belotti, the former makes a lot saves and the latter scores one goal per game lately, but the team as a whole concedes a lot of opportunities to the opponent. Torino is right now the perfect opponent (to defeat) for a team which is simply better than them the way Inter are. This is the reason why if Inter lose this game then it's all on Conte. It would mean that right now he is doing a worse job than Moreno Longo, which is something!

Not that Conte is doing well anyway. He had a big chance to compete with a pretty bad Juventus, or at least the worst Juventus of the last 9 seasons, for the scudetto but he is already 8* points behind.
11 points, dude. I see the asterix you placed but it's still 11.

Anything can happen in a one off game. Bad luck, bad officiating, Sirigu can save everything etc.. you never know. Plus we are missing Lukaku, and Lautaro is set for Barca and hasn't scored in the past 5 games.

This pretty bad juventus has 100mill Ronaldo, 80mill De Ligt, 90mill Higuain etc.. and regardless of Sarri, a group of players used to winning.

Then the odd lucky ref call like the late Ronaldo dive v Genoa, the handballs in Bergamo, the 2 Bologna games etc..

I think we deserved 6 more points if refereeing was fair but what happened, happened..

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Inter fine Brozo €100,000
Football Italia

Marcelo Brozovic has reportedly lost his driver's licence and been fined €100,000 by Inter after a 2am traffic stop when he ran a red light revealed his alcohol level was above the limit.

The Corriere dello Sport reports that the police stopped the Croatia international around 2am, ending with the midfielder losing his licence.

Inter have followed up the incident with a strong hand, fining the Nerazzurri star €100,000. Despite the incident, due to the absence in midfield, Brozovic is still expected to start against Torino tonight.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Inter: Handanovic; Godin, De Vrij, Bastoni; D’Ambrosio, Brozovic, Gagliardini, Young; Valero; Alexis, Lautaro

Subs: Padelli, Berni, Ranocchia, Asamoah, Eriksen, Esposito, Pirola, Agoume, Biraghi, Skriniar, Candreva

Torino: Sirigu; Izzo, Nkoulou, Bremer; De Silvestri, Meite, Rincon, Ansaldi, Aina; Verdi, Belotti

Subs: Ujkani, Rosati, Lyanco, Lukic, Singo, Greco, Edera, Berenguer, Millico, Amine, Djidji, Adopo

1 - 20 of 94 Posts