Xtratime Community banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Embarassing sh*te at the finish

Terrible result

Juve f**k up and the Inter obliges perfectly.

Let's just hand Juve the Scudetto now :facepalm:

Politano is a joke.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
We paid the price for a poor start.

Who's the villain? IMO, Gagliardini. He gets into great positions but makes some very poor decisions, usually choosing to shoot instead of passing it to someone more capable.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Too bad, should have been closer to 10 minutes or even more of added time. But considering the panicked approach at the end I doubt it would have helped.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Too bad, should have been closer to 10 minutes or even more of added time. But considering the panicked approach at the end I doubt it would have helped.
We came pretty close, tbf.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Leaving the ridiculous crap on this forum to one side, the sheer lack of sufficient depth was clear to everyone yesterday.

The club does not have enough forwards or midfield players.

Politano is useless in this system and should have been sold to Fiorentina.

Borja is going to have to start filling in for Brozovic. There is no other way. Brozo just turns into a total liability when he reaches a certain level of tiredness. He will cost us more goals this season.

An injury to Lautaro, Lukaku or Barella and things will start to look very grim.

Moral of the story: sign enough goddamn players to fight on 2 fronts.

2 midfielders and a striker are needed in January. Rakitic and any free agents that are even semi-decent.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Leaving the ridiculous crap on this forum to one side, the sheer lack of sufficient depth was clear to everyone yesterday.

Borja is going to have to start filling in for Brozovic. There is no other way. Brozo just turns into a total liability when he reaches a certain level of tiredness. He will cost us more goals this season.

An injury to Lautaro, Lukaku or Barella and things will start to look very grim.

2 midfielders and a striker are needed in January. Rakitic and any free agents that are even semi-decent.
Wash your mouth out with soap.

Some good news on 2 fronts:-

1. It's reported that Inter is looking to offload both Borja and Vecino in the Jan window. Which leads nicely to...

2. Inter is apparently already in discussions over Rakitic and is also looking to urgently restart talks about Vidal. Matic remains an option.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts

Wash your mouth out with soap.

Some good news on 2 fronts:-

1. It's reported that Inter is looking to offload both Borja and Vecino in the Jan window. Which leads nicely to...

2. Inter is apparently already in discussions over Rakitic and is also looking to urgently restart talks about Vidal. Matic remains an option.
Problem with Rakitic is that he will cost 30+ m euros.

Problem with Vidal is he gets plenty of game time and Valverde loves him.

I also wouldn't want to get to pally with Barca ATM since they have a massive hard-on for Lautaro....

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Problem with Rakitic is that he will cost 30+ m euros.

Problem with Vidal is he gets plenty of game time and Valverde loves him.

I also wouldn't want to get to pally with Barca ATM since they have a massive hard-on for Lautaro....
It seems they have at least a semi for Sensi as well. One report suggests that the Rakitic transfer may involve him. Conte should try and keep Sensi at all costs. I think he will since the whole idea is to shop for additional depth. The trade-ups are for Vecino and Borja who aren't adequate for rotation.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
It seems they have at least a semi for Sensi as well. One report suggests that the Rakitic transfer may involve him. Conte should try and keep Sensi at all costs. I think he will since the whole idea is to shop for additional depth. The trade-ups are for Vecino and Borja who aren't adequate for rotation.
The club isn't stupid enough to hand Sensi or Lautaro over to Barca.

It is just media B.S.

But the Rakitic deal is probably impossible without some sort of swap, which means it's impossible.

Rakitic and Vidal have to be seen as very, very, very, very unlikely mid-season transfers, for the simple reason that they are important big-name Players at the richest club in the world who would cost sums of money Inter can't afford within this FFP year. There's no way Inter can drop 35 million on Rakitic and comply with FFP by June which is when they would have to sign him (assuming it was loan with obligation to buy).

Again, Rakitic to Inter is another media invention.

There are much smarter options out there like Palacios of River Plate (ridiculously low buyout of 15m) or maybe even Duncan from Sassuolo.

But given that Nainggolan and Perisic will be returning in June having brought in zero cash, I really doubt Inter can afford to spend anything this winter. There might a free-agent or two doing the rounds, although the only pro-level midfielder seems to be Jack Rodwell, who has signed for Roma.

There may be another Rodwell-level player out there we can sign though.......

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
What do you think the chances are for Matic?
Better, but still unlikely. Inter would have to probably pay cash upfront or do a loan-with-obligation.

Matic' contract will be extended by United in June so they don't lose him for free (basically all United player contracts have a one-year extension that can be exercised at the club's (not the player's) discretion). Same thing they did with Martial.

I doubt United would agree to another Sanchez-style dry loan.

So I'd imagine Inter would have to pull 15 or 20 million euros out of the bag.

Matic is also quite sh*t these days.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Speaking of Rakitic and Vidal...

Italian Report Claims Inter Have Zero Interest In Signing Rakitic Or Vidal From Barcelona

Inter have no interest in signing either Ivan Rakitic or Arturo Vidal ahead of the upcoming January transfer window, according to a report in today’s paper edition of Corriere dello Sport.

The Nerazzurri are looking to strengthen their midfield but rather than invest in Rakitic or Vidal, who are both over 30, they will look to sign a young midfielder, who has a physical presence about them.

That is not to say however that if Vidal was to be made available that Inter would not go in for him but they are not willing to buy him outright.

The report from the Rome based news outlet goes on to state that when it comes to the Summer transfer window, Inter’s management wish to continue the process of Italian-ising the side.

Brescia’s Sandro Tonali and Fiorentina duo Federico Chiesa and Gaetano Castrovilli have all been identified as possible targets by the Nerazzurri to pursue.

https://sempreinter.com/2019/10/28/italian-report-claims-inter-have-zero-interest-in-signing-rakitic-or-vidal-from-barcelona/

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Speaking of Rakitic and Vidal...

Italian Report Claims Inter Have Zero Interest In Signing Rakitic Or Vidal From Barcelona

Inter have no interest in signing either Ivan Rakitic or Arturo Vidal ahead of the upcoming January transfer window, according to a report in today’s paper edition of Corriere dello Sport.

The Nerazzurri are looking to strengthen their midfield but rather than invest in Rakitic or Vidal, who are both over 30, they will look to sign a young midfielder, who has a physical presence about them.

That is not to say however that if Vidal was to be made available that Inter would not go in for him but they are not willing to buy him outright.

The report from the Rome based news outlet goes on to state that when it comes to the Summer transfer window, Inter’s management wish to continue the process of Italian-ising the side.

Brescia’s Sandro Tonali and Fiorentina duo Federico Chiesa and Gaetano Castrovilli have all been identified as possible targets by the Nerazzurri to pursue.

https://sempreinter.com/2019/10/28/italian-report-claims-inter-have-zero-interest-in-signing-rakitic-or-vidal-from-barcelona/
TBH I stopped following Sempre Inter news articles. I know they are just translations of CDS, GDS, C-Mercato etc. etc. but literally at least 95% of the stories run last summer were complete and utter B.S.

Sticking around for the 5% that are true is just a waste of time IMO...

Something tells me Brescia won't sell their best player since Baggio mid-season.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I thought it was already a pretty much done deal that Tonali would go to Juve? I guess I've been misinformed. I somehow doubt that we'll get Tonali though.

We seem to be better at closing deals these days. But I think it'll take considerably more than 15 million + Muntari to land the Tonali deal.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Kulusevksi looked really good as well, despite being played out of position. Almost everything Parma did went through him. Maybe a cheeky bid for him would be in order. But he's on loan from Atalanta isn't he? So that would have to wait until the summer.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
I thought it was already a pretty much done deal that Tonali would go to Juve? I guess I've been misinformed. I somehow doubt that we'll get Tonali though.

We seem to be better at closing deals these days. But I think it'll take considerably more than 15 million + Muntari to land the Tonali deal.
There have been rumours that Juve have him sewn up, yeah.

I think he will be their long-term replacement for Pjanic.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Kulusevksi looked really good as well, despite being played out of position. Almost everything Parma did went through him. Maybe a cheeky bid for him would be in order. But he's on loan from Atalanta isn't he? So that would have to wait until the summer.
Just coz he's Swedish LOLZ

No, he really looks good. Very good. But Atalanta have suddenly got good at keeping players. All of a sudden. Maybe their dire CL campaign will scare away a few star names in the summer. Hopefully.

I still think Zapata would have been a much better player than Lukaku..... just sayin.....

41 - 58 of 58 Posts