Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We won.

Judging by the highlights we weren't very good abd quite lucky to keep a clean sheet to win it 2-0.

I guess the last match of the season will be a direct playoff against Atalanta for second place.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
16,002 Posts
Yep, looked like a fluke win.

I could be wrong, but I think Lazio need to win to get 3rd. Not sure what the logic is there, but I noticed Serie A tables put us above Lazio when we were level on points recently.

Atalanta is a certain loss on the basis of the Napoli game. But I really see Napoli getting something out of the Lazio game.

·
Registered
59,281 Posts
I missed that game as I had an infection in my eyes, could barely open them for a couple of days. Basically spent 2 days in darkness. Feeling better now as at least I can see although my vision is a bit blurry.

My mrs kept me updated via live score. Really happy to see (well, hear about) us beating Napoli twice in the same season in Serie A. First time that happens since 97-98 so a bit of history was created.

Judging by highlights:

I see Samir saved our asses a couple of times. Insigne wasteful too. But aside from the 2 Inter goals I saw a Brozovic chance saved by Meret and a late chance Barella wasted so we could have scored a couple more.

Brozovic won the ball leading to our opener. Good to see both wbs attacking and a CB scoring from open play. I believe D'Ambrosio is actually from Naples..

Biraghi has now assisted 6 goals in Serie A this season, not bad..

Great goal Lautaro. Probably his best for us. He has a knack of scoring against Napoli. Scored the winner in Milano last season and scored in the win at San Paolo earlier this season.

6 points from Milan and 6 points from Napoli is pretty good.

Not too concerned with the Atalanta game, Conte should prioritize Getafe and rest players in Bergamo. Imo at worst we will finish 3rd as Napoli will try to win their last league game at home and I doubt the financial gap between 2nd and 3rd is big enough to be considered more important than a one off European tie.

Forza Inter.

·
Registered
59,281 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think Lazio need to win to get 3rd. Not sure what the logic is there, but I noticed Serie A tables put us above Lazio when we were level on points recently.
Against Lazio we won 1-0 and lost 2-1 so we have a better hth to Lazio. If we finish level on points we finish above them.

·
Registered
59,281 Posts
After 37 games we have more goals scored and less goals conceded than juve. Crazy...

·
Registered
23,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope you have a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
59,281 Posts
I see that Atalanta have scored 98 goals... so they need a couple against us to reach 100.

Anyhow, GETAFE, Conte. That matters much more than Atalanta.

·
Registered
59,281 Posts
Let's not forget that Getafe are more rested as La Liga concluded earlier. Tiring the team out in Bergamo for the glorious second place trophy would be madness.

·
Registered
17,130 Posts
I watched parts of this game. Brozovic is clearly above in ball management ability in midfield compared to Napoli. Napoli has no proper striker and are all small players, compared to Inter's superior weight advantage. It wasn't pretty for Inter but their strengths came out on top. Even Lukaku held Koulibaly off the ball a few times.

·
Registered
16,002 Posts
I missed that game as I had an infection in my eyes, could barely open them for a couple of days. Basically spent 2 days in darkness. Feeling better now as at least I can see although my vision is a bit blurry.

My mrs kept me updated via live score. Really happy to see (well, hear about) us beating Napoli twice in the same season in Serie A. First time that happens since 97-98 so a bit of history was created.

Judging by highlights:

I see Samir saved our asses a couple of times. Insigne wasteful too. But aside from the 2 Inter goals I saw a Brozovic chance saved by Meret and a late chance Barella wasted so we could have scored a couple more.

Brozovic won the ball leading to our opener. Good to see both wbs attacking and a CB scoring from open play. I believe D'Ambrosio is actually from Naples..

Biraghi has now assisted 6 goals in Serie A this season, not bad..

Great goal Lautaro. Probably his best for us. He has a knack of scoring against Napoli. Scored the winner in Milano last season and scored in the win at San Paolo earlier this season.

6 points from Milan and 6 points from Napoli is pretty good.

Not too concerned with the Atalanta game, Conte should prioritize Getafe and rest players in Bergamo. Imo at worst we will finish 3rd as Napoli will try to win their last league game at home and I doubt the financial gap between 2nd and 3rd is big enough to be considered more important than a one off European tie.

Forza Inter.
Best wishes from Germany man and get well soon

Hope the infection clears up entirely very soon(y)

Take care

·
Registered
45,014 Posts
Wishing you a quick and complete recovery, Ahmed. In the meantime, don't strain too much; kick back and relax, bud.

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
59,281 Posts
I will actually kinda strain them today as bein sports are replaying Inter v Napoli in a few minutes, then the FA cup final later on then Atalanta v Inter in the evening. I did rest my eyes enough, and no football at all on Monday and Tuesday so there will be more time to rest.. :)

·
Registered
59,281 Posts
Going back to the fluke win part that was mentioned earlier as I think it's rather harsh. Sure, Napoli created more than Inter in the first half, they reacted well to going down early and troubled us but in the second half they had 0 shots on target. They had a decent 30 minute spell in the first half but hardly outplayed us in the rest of the game. Also overall we had more shots on target than them in the match over the +90 minutes. We were lucky that Insigne went close a couple of times in the first half, but Samir making saves is no fluke as we know he is capable. Napoli were also lucky that Barella wasted a 100% chance to make it 3-0 due to poor ball control.

The highlights do not show a clear chance Biraghi had that was fluffed poorly after Valero set him up.

I can't say our midfield played well enough though when the opposition get scoring chances and Napoli have 59% of the ball in Milano, making nearly 600 passes. I hope Tonali isn't considered the only midfield reinforcement.

Our goals were not flukes, Napoli didn't gift them to us unlike the San Paolo game when they gifted us 3 goals. Our 2 goals in this match certainly weren't our only chances in it, either. Let's not forget that Napoli barely created chances but took a couple to eliminate us out of the Coppa.

·
Registered
59,281 Posts
That said, Milik was rather useless so Mertens missing certainly helped.

·
Registered
59,281 Posts
Found this great pic on FB, thought it had to be posted here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts