Xtratime Community banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
I've been scouting the guy for a while. The Parma forum members are tight-lipped and don't praise him too much, presumably to ensure he remains a closely guarded secret for as long as possible.

Here's what I can tell you. He's a big, strong kid with very good ball control. He has a fair bit of pace as well, which combined with his dribbling ability, allows him to burn opponents regularly. This makes him devastating on the counter. He's slick at passing too. What I like the most about his game though is the fact he LOVES the through pass to unlock the defence. And he's really good at it. You'll be reminded some of the great playmakers when you watch him do this.

Take a look:

He looks a bit heavy and slow to me. But nothing proper dieting couldn't fix.

His technique, passing and vision look pretty exceptional.

Nax will fill us in on the rest

·
Greta joke sharer
22,698 Posts
What the hell did you say to him?

I was drunk the evening of that game (not for the first time in my life) and mouthed off a bit at Ahmed, so I was actually under the impression that I had prompted him to leave.

But that is only because I hadn't actually managed to find a negative or confrontational post by Nax.

Also @ NAX: the Kulusevski rumours are growing stronger by the day, even if I don't see any way Inter can poach him from both Parma AND Atalanta mid-season (Inter would surely have to pay off both).

But what can you tell us about this kid? I'm sure you've been watching him religiously the past year or so.
Well, I didn't really say anything incendiary. He twice deleted the match thread that I started but I undeleted it. Which I wouldn't have done if I had known that he would take it so seriously.

As for Kulusevski I haven't watched him all that much. He only played like three games for Atalanta last season and he hasn't figure in the Swedish NT, he got his first call-up for tomorrow's game against Romania. I had only watched highlights of him before he played against Inter. He seems to be the real deal though and his mentality seems to be right. He's confident but not a content prick who thinks that he's already made it just because he's had a good start to the season.

I saw that you questioned his pace in another post, but I don't think that he's slow. I've seen him burn defenders with pace. He seems to pretty versatile, I think that he has mostly played as a winger or right sided forward but against Inter he pulled off playing as some sort of target holding onto the ball and allowing Parma to move upfield.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,698 Posts
And as Fird said, I think his most impressive quality is his vision and ability to play through balls to his teammates.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,698 Posts
As for signing Kulusevski in January, is that even possible? Isn't there a rule that says that a player can only move once per year? Or do loan deals not count?

LOL at this doofus Pistocchi though. Comparing Kulusevski to Politano is a pretty superficial analysis. I don't think that they're similar at all except for the fact that both usually play on the right flank.

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
Yeah, definitely Kulusevski over De Paul. RDP is decent and versatile, but nothing truly special IMO.

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
BTW was just watching a comp of all Inter's goals from the 08/09 season:

I was struck by just how insanely deep the squad was compared to Conte's or Spaletti's.

For 2 striker positions there were SIX players (Cruz, Ibra, Crespo, Adriano, Balo, Obinna)
For 0 winger positions there were TWO players (Amantino, Quaresma)
For 3 CM positions there were EIGHT players (Zanetti, Cuchu, Vieira, Stankovic, Jimegol, Figo,Dacourt, Muntari)
For 2 CB positions there were SIX players (Chivu, Burdisso, Samuel, Cordoba, Materazzi, Rivas)
For 1 LB position there were THREE players (Maxwell, Chivu, Santon)
For 1 RB position there were TWO players (Zanetti, Maicon)

With new CL restrictions that type of gargantuan squad is harder to maintain, but honestly, this is the difference between Inter today and Inter back then. That is the type of depth Juve now have.

I honestly think that, at some level, numbers win titles.

We need depth and we need it ASA-f**kin-P

·
Registered
43,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
That's it.

It's also why I agree with Conte - it's imperative to build depth. People saying we spent a lot this summer = Conte is just a spoilt brat for complaining about needing more = missing the whole point.

It's true that we can't expect everything in a season (the 08/09 Inter squad was years in the making) but we can hardly think we're comfortable with the depth we currently have. Rotation is extremely difficult as it is and players are getting very tired...even after bringing in kids like Esposito and Bastoni.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,698 Posts
Conte has a point about us lacking depth. But his way of communicating it was a bit Rafaesque as it implied that Barella and Sensi are rubbish low tier scrubs.

·
Registered
43,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
That's true. I get the point - that it's not like he has a star-studded cast of players from Real which would justify the CL campaign being called a failure. But like you said, it was very crudely put across and it does a disservice to Barella and Sensi. On top of that, both players have been sensational and have played as if they're from top CL teams. Barça have been reported to be very interested in Sensi, so...

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
You honestly have to wonder whether it would have been smarter just to keep Nainggolan and Perisic.

I know they were probably kicked out more for their attitudes than anything else, but being able to field Perisic instead of Politano or Nainggolan instead of Vecino would've been pretty nice.

But I suppose neither would have taken kindly to the bench. And Radja may well have blocked Sensi's progress.

But one forgets sometimes just how much depth you need to win a league and do well in the CL. Next summer has to be more about consolidation than another clearout. The squad needs another layer or two of depth.

2 more central mids, 2 more forwards, another CB, 2 more fullbacks. And no sales except for Perisic, Radja and Icardi.

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
As for signing Kulusevski in January, is that even possible? Isn't there a rule that says that a player can only move once per year? Or do loan deals not count?
From FIFA:

"In particular, a player may not play official matches for more than two clubs competing in the same national championship or cup during the same season, subject to stricter individual competition regulations of member associations."

It's per season. So Kulusevski could move to Inter in January.

That said, he won't, because Inter would have to pay off 2 clubs and still somehow comply with FFP. There is a zero percent chance of that happening.

·
Registered
43,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
IIRC, there's a recent report saying that we're not able to bring him over in Jan because Parma doesn't want to let him go. But we're trying to get a deal done now for a move in the summer.

·
Registered
43,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
You honestly have to wonder whether it would have been smarter just to keep Nainggolan and Perisic.

I know they were probably kicked out more for their attitudes than anything else, but being able to field Perisic instead of Politano or Nainggolan instead of Vecino would've been pretty nice.

But I suppose neither would have taken kindly to the bench. And Radja may well have blocked Sensi's progress.

But one forgets sometimes just how much depth you need to win a league and do well in the CL. Next summer has to be more about consolidation than another clearout. The squad needs another layer or two of depth.

2 more central mids, 2 more forwards, another CB, 2 more fullbacks. And no sales except for Perisic, Radja and Icardi.

Both players are really making us regret letting them go, but I don't know how workable it would be had we kept them.

I think Perisic wanted to leave anyway. And like you said, he wouldn't like to be on the bench.

As for Radja, he's really making a case for how much we should miss him. He's playing phenomenally. There are questions as to whether he'd have played like this or at least bucked up quite a bit under Conte though. I think Conte could have made him prove himself...at least for a year, lol.

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
Both players are really making us regret letting them go, but I don't know how workable it would be had we kept them.

I think Perisic wanted to leave anyway. And like you said, he wouldn't like to be on the bench.

As for Radja, he's really making a case for how much we should miss him. He's playing phenomenally. There are questions as to whether he'd have played like this or at least bucked up quite a bit under Conte though. I think Conte could have made him prove himself...at least for a year, lol.
I don't think Perisic has done much at Bayern so far.... He's been used mostly as a sub/rotation player. That said, so have Coutinho and Thiago, and so was James the last 2 years, so it's not much of an indicator.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts