Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
At least last season we were effectively still in 2 competitions until December.

The players seem to exiting the race for silverware a month early this season.

#there'salways2021

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Lukaku is a Muppet

Free run at goal and he plays a back pass header to the keeper

Abysmal

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Lukaku misses the literally open goal.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Brilliant goal by Barella, like a mirrored Recoba.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Goal of season contender Barella

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
With Lukaku this bad it's like playing with 10 men

Good chance for Verona. Their 2nd of the game after the fake penalty

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Most worrying part of this game was the way we lost the plot after we scored the 2-1 goal. We still lack the balls to stand up to the task when pressured.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Awful performance.

International break up now so let's see who gets injured next.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Not a great performance but I see Lukaku's improving. He's cutting weight and he's a lot more involved in the play.

I keep saying it. Barella is a BEAST. Wonderful goal. Only issue is that he needs some rest...he was clearly tired and unable to run most of the match with his usual intensity.

For the first goal, it was a combination between the rotation players. Bastoni to Lazaro to Vecino. Another encouraging performance overall by Lazaro.

Defence was pretty stable today, but of course they weren't put through too much pain. Skriniar found his sharpness and de Vrij put in another solid shift.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
I'd say Lazaro was probably our best player today.

As for the game, it was a weird one. Granted, I missed most of the first 20 minutes. But after that I thought we played reasonably well in the first half. We played slightly worse in the second with more of a solo effort approach to the game, but we still managed to turn it around. And then we were utter garbage for a few minutes after we got the lead.

The three points will come in handy though, so I won't complain too much.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
@red, your posts in this thread are a real ray of sunshine, lol.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
LULZ

I know

I just think the team is a mess ATM

Candreva made all the difference today for me. With Candreva and Lazaro on the flanks we finally looked dangerous. Lautaro had looked sharp early on but he was done by around the 30th minute, like against Dortmund.

Biraghi looks a dreadful player.

Vecino was actually good today but looks like he took some sort of head injury. Maybe a concussion.

Improved performance from Bastoni who has struggled recently.

Lukaku, Lautaro, Brozovic, Vecino, Godin, Skriniar and pribably Barella will play 2 internationals between now and the Torino away game.

Hopefully D'Ambro, Sensi and Asamoah will have 2 weeks rest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: When Lukaku is bad he's REALLY bad.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
@red, your posts in this thread are a real ray of sunshine, lol.
I for one enjoy Red taking on the role of the pessimist. This means that I no longer have to try to fill Azzkikr's void.

I am now free to try to enjoy our games and have a positive outlook on things.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Lazio, Cagliari and Verona now have better defensive records than this Inter.

Shocking.

Cleansheets are a thing of the past.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm not nearly as negative as I used to be. In fact, I'm pretty positive about the current Inter. We aren't world beaters but we're on the right track and Conte has done extremely well to transform the whole team.

Let me put it this way. In the past, aside from the Treble season, we'd have these crapfests where we'd play provincial teams in a half-assed way and clearly never be able to kick up a gear to get the win. You know, the ones where Maicon decides that he's going to pop the ball forward from the defensive area every time instead of going on a run. The Brescia match would have been exactly that but Conte has the players actually working to claw something back.

It's great to see. The risk, of course, is burnout...especially with the lack of depth that we have. It happened in the worst way after the Treble season. But we have some great young players like Barella and Sensi who can be our future if we stay competitive and stay as a buying club. The other thing is keeping Conte happy and ensuring he's in control so that he stays for a few seasons at least.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Could whoever is not blocked by Ahmed on Facebook (I guess I'm the only one blocked) ask him to come back? I'll apologize if need be.....

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I messaged him and explained that Nacka obv didn't mean any harm and that he shouldn't have taken it that way. Also said that we'd really like for him to come back.

He responded initially to say he wasn't thinking of returning but let's hope he reconsiders. I'll ask him again some time.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
I messaged him and explained that Nacka obv didn't mean any harm and that he shouldn't have taken it that way. Also said that we'd really like for him to come back.

He responded initially to say he wasn't thinking of returning but let's hope he reconsiders. I'll ask him again some time.
Yeah, if I had known that it would piss him off I obviously wouldn't have done it. I was under the impression that it was just normal banter.

Here's a pretty reasonable clip about Conte's lame hissy-fit after losing to Borussia Dortmund. The way he threw Sensi and Barella under the bus was pretty pathetic. Especially when you consider the fact that they have probably been our best players so far. If he wanted more depth I'm sure the managed could have spent the Lukaku money differently.

I hope this was a one time thing and that Materazzi won't have to punch him at the pub.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Yeah, if I had known that it would piss him off I obviously wouldn't have done it. I was under the impression that it was just normal banter.

Here's a pretty reasonable clip about Conte's lame hissy-fit after losing to Borussia Dortmund. The way he threw Sensi and Barella under the bus was pretty pathetic. Especially when you consider the fact that they have probably been our best players so far. If he wanted more depth I'm sure the managed could have spent the Lukaku money differently.

I hope this was a one time thing and that Materazzi won't have to punch him at the pub.

What the hell did you say to him?

I was drunk the evening of that game (not for the first time in my life) and mouthed off a bit at Ahmed, so I was actually under the impression that I had prompted him to leave.

But that is only because I hadn't actually managed to find a negative or confrontational post by Nax.

Also @ NAX: the Kulusevski rumours are growing stronger by the day, even if I don't see any way Inter can poach him from both Parma AND Atalanta mid-season (Inter would surely have to pay off both).

But what can you tell us about this kid? I'm sure you've been watching him religiously the past year or so.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I've been scouting the guy for a while. The Parma forum members are tight-lipped and don't praise him too much, presumably to ensure he remains a closely guarded secret for as long as possible.

Here's what I can tell you. He's a big, strong kid with very good ball control. He has a fair bit of pace as well, which combined with his dribbling ability, allows him to burn opponents regularly. This makes him devastating on the counter. He's slick at passing too. What I like the most about his game though is the fact he LOVES the through pass to unlock the defence. And he's really good at it. You'll be reminded some of the great playmakers when you watch him do this.

Take a look:

21 - 40 of 54 Posts