Xtratime Community banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
Yeah, I agree with both of you. Play the backups.

As for this match, it really wasn't that bad. We would have won if Lukaku paid attention to staying onside...it's really as simple as that.

The subs didn't help at all. Lazaro and Politano were beyond awful.

As for Borja Valero, he deserves some credit for putting in a pretty decent shift overall...even if he did have a nightmare for a lot of the first half.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
The arrogance and stupidity of some Inter fans going into this game was amazing.

Yeah definite, easy win against motherf****ng Barcelona with the Vecino-Valero circus in tow.

Barca's geriatric-meets-kiddo 3rd string Juvenil/Senil team was more than able to deal with the 3 Stooges that are Valero-Vecino-Epically-Tired-Brozo, especially since they all played on f****ing Friday.

Idiotic.

Also, f*** the management for putting together such a haplessly thin midfield. The sheer numbers there should have raised concerns from day c*n**ing one. 6 players, one requiring a zimmer-frame, for 3 positions for a 50-game season.

Doesn't take a genius to see why that doesn't work.

Addition/division don't seem to be Marotta's strong point.

Also, can't wait to see Val-tardo play his 3rd game in 9 days on Sunday.

Anyway, the upside of this is ... well.... sorry, there's no upside. The club just lost 20 million euros five minutes ago which would have paid more than half of the fee for De Paul (strong rumours he is joining in Jan). The team would have probably lost in the next round anyway, it's just that the club would've had an extra 20 million in the bank.

Maybe Gabigol can score 2 more goals in the Beach Copa Libertadores next weekend against a team of families barbecuing to increase his value from 30 million to 50 million.

The EL will result in more games and more injuries for this squad.

Shockingly bad planning all round

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
Fans were being arrogant?

Anyway, the real concern is overcoming this injury crisis and bringing in players in January (and maybe new medical staff). The winter break can't come soon enough.

It's a shame we lost the match because of players being offside though. Lautaro had a pretty incredible game overall...Barça players had to end up mandhandling it (and mostly getting away with it in the 2nd half).

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Fans were being arrogant?
Well, obvs not here since no one posts here ever, but Inter fans on Twitter and English platforms like InterWordldwide and Sempre/Studio-Inter.

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
How bad is Rom when you need him? Big time choker.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Come on, man. He got his goal. We could have had another 2 if he'd stayed onside.

Btw, we've needed him in every game and he's done pretty well so far.

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
That said it was a pretty decent Barca team. All hungry to get in the 1st team.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Wow, the shade! 😆

Aside from Brozo, we were missing our entire midfield. Barella, Sensi, Asamoah and Candreva (yeh, he's 1st choice now) were all out. Our 1st choice back-up in central midfield, Gagliardini, was also out. The central midfield replacements were Vecino (I don't mind him, tbf) and Borja Valero, 2 players the club has been looking to offload as soon as January.

Our strike force was fine but instead of having Alexis come in as a sub (he can't because he's out), we have a baby.

Sure, it was a Barça B or C team, but it's hard to play against even that when your midfield is decimated to that point. We did pretty well in the circumstances and the scoreline flatters Barça, tbf.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah, I can't be overly mad about the game. We played well enough to win it. It all came down to Lukaku having an off day when it came to finishing, he should have scored at least a hattrick in the game. Just unfortunate and costly.

I didn't think a midfield with Valero and Vecino would even be able to hold their own even against Barca B. But Valero was actually decent, except for a few **** ups, Vecino was about as useless as expected though even if he managed to win the ball a couple of times.

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
Sad to see you guys not make it. Tell me at least my boy Broz played well?

And ffs, you should never had let Perisic go....

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
Broz did pretty well overall. A couple of mistakes but he was very solid aside from that. If he had Barella or Sensi (or both!) with him in midfield though, he'd have been able to shine a lot more.

Italian papers recently recognised him as the key for the team and Conte thinks he's one of the very best midfielders in Europe. I'd say he's the crux and lynchpin of this team. He's matured a lot into a quiet leader...he can look like a wizard in attack but he does a lot of tracking back and dirty work without a fuss.

I think Perisic is awesome...but he's a bit too on-and-off for the club during the season. I can understand why Conte thought he wouldn't fit the system...he's supposed to play as a winger who will be equally committed to defence and attack. While Perisic definitely has the skill-set, it seems like he considers himself more of a forward who will track back to help out...which is very different.

With all our injury problems though, I think the management will be regretting it. But then again, Perisic wouldn't like to be a player in regular rotation (i.e. subbed out for a defensive player when the occasion calls for it).

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Broz did pretty well overall. A couple of mistakes but he was very solid aside from that. If he had Barella or Sensi (or both!) with him in midfield though, he'd have been able to shine a lot more.

Italian papers recently recognised him as the key for the team and Conte thinks he's one of the very best midfielders in Europe. I'd say he's the crux and lynchpin of this team
I'm sorry to say I thought he sucked against Barca.

GDS gave him a 5.

But it's really not Brozo's fault that he struggled against Barca. He and Skriniar are the only outfield players who are forced to play every single game and it just wears Brozo down (Skriniar is a freak and can handle it). Brozo has generally been very good this season when he hasn't been forced to play 3 games in a week.

He has also been surrounded by very poor players in recent weeks (Vecino, Gagliardini, Borja). Once Sensi and Barella come back and one of Kulusevski/De Paul is signed, Brozo will be back in business.

Hopefully he can also get some rest

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
I'm sorry to say I thought he sucked against Barca.

GDS gave him a 5.

But it's really not Brozo's fault that he struggled against Barca. He and Skriniar are the only outfield players who are forced to play every single game and it just wears Brozo down (Skriniar is a freak and can handle it). Brozo has generally been very good this season when he hasn't been forced to play 3 games in a week.

He has also been surrounded by very poor players in recent weeks (Vecino, Gagliardini, Borja). Once Sensi and Barella come back and one of Kulusevski/De Paul is signed, Brozo will be back in business.

Hopefully he can also get some rest
hes been great for our NT....never stops running. Scored a beauty penalty vs the Ruskies as well in the QF.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
This is the problem. Both Inter and Croatia NT rely on him heavily.

It's taking its toll

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
This is the problem. Both Inter and Croatia NT rely on him heavily.

It's taking its toll
Well, he does have great players like Modric and Rakitic along side him for Croatia...but he and them give us the best midfield 3 in the world.

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
He works very hard but he doesn't get any rest because Barella and Sensi are out. So it's inevitable that he gets gassed in some matches. Like red says, it's taken its toll and it's a great credit to Brozo that he keeps his head up and plows on. Note that when he had both Barella and Sensi, he was knocking out these masterclass performances effortlessly. Inter really needs to give him a raise and a better contract, like they're trying to do for Lautaro. The guy's game is immense.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Any takers on the Fiorentina vs Inter thread? I messed up against Roma so...

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Yeah

Nax for the win

21 - 39 of 39 Posts