7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Dailysoccer)
Inter Milan 3 - Roberto Baggio 35, 83, Ivan Zamorano 90
Parma 1 - Mario Stanic 70
Halftime: 1-0; Attendance: 30,000
Inter qualify for Champions League.
Parma qualify for UEFA Cup.

"Roberto Baggio scored twice in what could be his last game for Inter Milan as his side beat Parma 3-1 on Tuesday to clinch a place in next season's Champions League.
Baggio, widely expected to leave Inter after spending much of this year on the bench, curled a free kick inside Gianluigi Buffon's near post after 35 minutes to give Inter the lead in the end-of-season play-off.
Parma equalised after 70 minutes through Croatian midfielder and second half substitute Mario Stanic. He rose above his marker to meet a corner and planted a firm header past Angelo Peruzzi in the Inter goal.
But 13 minutes later Baggio sealed Inter's win with a fine strike from the edge of the area.
Chilean Ivan Zamorano nodded the ball back to him from inside the box and Baggio let it bounce once before hammering it past Buffon.
Zamorano added a third goal in the final minute.
Marcello Lippi's side will join champions Lazio, Juventus and AC Milan in the Champions League. Parma will contest the UEFA Cup for the third year running alongside AS Roma and Fiorentina.
Inter and Parma finished the season level on points in fourth and fifth place respectively.
Inter had the better goal difference but in Italy that is not used to calculate cup berths and they were forced to play a decider at neutral Verona.
Baggio's double strike will inevitably fuel speculation about his future at Inter.
"I'm a serious professional and I've demonstrated that this season," the former world player of the year said.
Asked where he would play next season, he replied: "I truly don't know. I have no idea".
Baggio has played 24 times for Inter in all competitions this term but has been used for the full 90 minutes only occasionally, all in the past month. He had to wait until April 30 for his first full appearance.
After a public row with Lippi in December he appeared certain to leave Inter. He has been linked recently with Napoli and hometown club Vicenza, both of whom are pushing hard for promotion to Serie A.
Baggio's took his goals tally for the season to five and put Inter back in Europe's premier competition after a one-year absence."

It means Lippi will stay in Inter, Vieri will stay in Inter, Batistuta (probably) will stay in Fiorentina, except Lippi wants to release Vieri to Lazio and buy Batistuta....

There also will be greater chances to get Buffon and Crespo for Lazio... even Sensi doesn't want sell his stars, he has no choice now, Buffon certainly wants to appear in CL .. Crespo as well ....

So there is chance to see Lopez-Crespo in Lazio next season.

AMOROSO ?

I

·
0 Posts
Very Good
Amo

But i'm sorry that your Parma was robbed thier Championsleague spot by Juventus.
Cause whith that goal they could have won

1 - 2 of 2 Posts