Xtratime Community banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I couldn't watch the whole match (my cable provider decided to let the Federer match and highlights from other tennis matches no one cares about eat into the Inter match).

But from what I saw, Marlo wasn't too bad at all. They should have given the ball to him more often, imo.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Disgraceful result
Does anyone else get annoyed with Bastoni? I'm not blaming him for the goal, btw. It's just that the guy seems to think he's in the Matrix on some bullet time shit. Seems way too low energy a lot of the time for my liking.
He's accident prone.

But he has generally outperformed Godin. But he has cost us goals and will cost us more. It's just that his playing out from the back is so superior to Skriniar's on the left side.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Young had a good game. No doubt about it. He was solid defensively. Cagliari had almost no chances and the ones they did have came through the centre.

The flanks were actually quite well protected today, although Cagliari played a very conservative game.

We should sign Nandez in the summer.

Worth remembering Lukaku was an inch away from the goal of the season, Lautaro missed 2 sitters, Sensi missed 2 or 3 chances as well

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,431 Posts
Was out of town the entire weekend at Mom's 270 mls from here, without a place to watch the game, I should have taken one of my TV FireSticks, then to watch them blow 2 points, Glad I did not do that and my Sunday with the rest of the family wasn't messed up.

Glad to see Juve hit the turf, that helped a bit !!!

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Nainggolan scoring/assisting against us was such a predictable outcome the moment he was sent to Cagliari. The annoying bit is that I believe we pay a portion of his wages. Now, why can't Inter's management add a clause to prevent loaned players from facing us? allowing Dimarco to play and score against us for Parma last season cost us 3 points that could well have meant losing CL money...

Our midfield was pretty poor, could not win the ball back or keep much possession. I understand that Vecino, Brozovic and Gagliardini were all not on the bench so it's a bad situation but Conte could have pushed bastoni forward to midfield as a LCM and played 4312, with a diamond midfield like this:

--------------------------Valero

--------Barella------------------------Bastoni

--------------------------Sensi

this midfield possibly could have had more control with an extra man in it (Bastoni), with godin-de vrij as cbs.

And when Conte decides to bring on Alexis, it's for a midfielder (Sensi), hence weakening the midfield further... how about you take one of your precious 3 cbs off and play 4 man defence even for 20-30 minutes?

Cragno did well unfortunately in the Cagliari goal.

Lots of controversy about the ref, who is from a place in fecking Turin called Pinerolo ...

Moreover apparently the ref's son was celebrating the red card given to Lautaro on Instagram

rotten league.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
That Lukaku run which red referred to reminded me with Adriano v Udinese in 04-05. Shame the outcome was not the same. :(

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
We were unlucky not to win the game. Lautaro had shed loads of chances. Sensi had 2 or 3 as well. And then there was the Lukaku one.

Cagliari had max 3 chances all game.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
8 goddamn players injured or sick with flu ATM

De Vrij, Skirniar, D'Ambro (flu)

Gagliardini, SENSI AGAIN (facepalm), Brozo, Asamoah, Borja ALL INJURED

God Almighty

Probably Barella-Vecino-Eriksen to start in midfield against Udinese

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Glad we kept Vecino actually.

Sell him in the summer when we have found a proper replacement

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Vecino, Eriksen and Barella is a decent enough midfield. Problem is lack of cover if someone is injured or if we need fresh legs. Anyhow we don't know for sure who is available and who isn't against Udinese.

Hopefully we recover players in time for the derby, followed by Napoli in the Cup and then Lazio. 3 big games in 1 week. Almost season defining those 3 matches.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts