Xtratime Community banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
15,966 Posts
So Lazio and Juve both lose in a week where we come up against 10-man Bologna at home and lose.

That result looks even more disgraceful now.

If we had beaten the Bologna Globe Trotters, a win tomorrow against Verona would have put us ahead of Lazio and 4 points behind the league leaders. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
15,966 Posts
Ahmed: Stop feeding the troll

·
Registered
59,224 Posts
I don't even have the slightest bit of hatred towards Man U and I like to follow English football every now and then if and when I can.

Moreover If juve are playing an English team I become more English than Queen Elizabeth.

·
Registered
15,966 Posts
Bologna Globe Trotters All Stars currently losing at home to Sassuolo 🤪

·
Registered
59,224 Posts
Not really a surprise as Sassuolo are tricky themselves.

Bologna won against Atalanta and Roma this season tbf to them.

Still not acceptable to lose anyhow.

juve needed a comical penalty like this to beat Bologna

·
Registered
59,224 Posts
I am going to do the Verona thread. Not really an easy task but will do my best to bring home tre punti.

·
Registered
15,966 Posts
So Inter does the old reliable 1st to 4th drop within 11 rounds of the 2nd half of the season.

Like clockwork. You can seriously almost set your watch to it - or you could if it hadn't been for COVID. But honestly, bubonic plague, typhoons, nuclear war, 170 million euro spent, 10 million spent, Conte, Mancini, Guardiola, - it doesn't matter. This club finds a way to drop from 1st to 4th around the same time every season.

2nd half of season bed sh*tting has now happened under 2 separate managements and 3 separate coaches since 2015.

But at the end of the day, the problem has probably always been squad depth. We have had astonishingly weak wing/full-backs and backup midfielders for years, and still do.

Ridiculous. The coach barely matters, to be honest.

·
Registered
59,224 Posts
Well in the last 20 years I recall Inter being first then finishing 4th in only 3 seasons (15-16 under Mancini, 17-18 under Spalletti and this season if we finish 4th) 3/20 is hardly every season tbh.

We can still finish 2nd this season, not that it matters much compared to 4th.

·
Registered
15,966 Posts
It has happened in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, with the exception of the De Boer/Pioli horror show.

On the basis of the 2nd half of the season, Inter have been the 7th or 8th placed team in Serie A in 4 of the last 5 seasons. It is a pattern. Who cares what happened 20 years ago?

In the last 5 years the squad has never been sufficiently deep to keep playing at a high level into the 2nd half of the season.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts