Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Bastoni didn't touch the Bologna player, bs decision which VAR should have overturned but whatever..
You may be right about the contact and, if that's the case, the card shouldn't have been given but the challenge itself is still cynical and Bastoni knew exactly what he was doing by going across like that. He knew there was a chance he could get skinned and he wanted to make sure the guy couldn't take the ball past him. I'm quite sure Bastoni missed the ball while going across, btw.

As a defender (now at heart), there's a part of me that likes the fact he will make these kind of challenges (all old school defenders should have this in their locker)...but when you're on a yellow, it's absolutely foolish. Bastoni should learn not to risk it like that.

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Yes, Bologna can be added to the never-ending list of bogey teams....

Those next 3 games you posted Ahmed are fully losable with this disgraceful defense and Gagliardini playing the worst football of his very average career.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Turns out that Conte and Marotta confronted the team in the locker room right after the match. Conte laid into them and rightfully so.
Conte risks losing his team. I don't think there are any bufoons in the team from what I know, so I don't know that their effort should necessarily be put in question. Usually when people are trying, to slam them only hurts their morale, so I am not sure this will help beyond giving a short-term jolt.

It's clear that the team does not have the talent of Juve or Napoli but, also we may start wondering whether Conte has the right system here and maybe should take some of the blame. I like Gattuso's approach with Napoli much more. He is like a father to his team and I think that is a good recipe to keep a team for a long time.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
This is what happens when you build a team around 3 losers
Harsh but you have an agenda against the 3 being ex-Man U players.

Lautaro Martinez and Gagliardini were the main culprits yesterday. A missed penalty with Inter 1-0 up, and Gagliardini literally assisted the Bologna equalizer.

Lukaku has been scoring goals, I believe only Immobile scored more in Serie A. Haven't checked though.

Young has had ups and downs, with more positives than negatives. He almost scored a goal of the season contender yesterday had not for a fine save. btw didn't he win the Premiership at Man U? And didn't he captain Man U at one stage?

Alexis has done alright, he missed a big part of the season due to injury.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
The 3 are Lukaku, Sanchez and Eriksen. Young was doing ok for us but we have Shaw and Williams who are faster and younger and probably better defenders.

Getting rid of the other 2 is the best business Ole has done and I'm including bringing in Bruno.

So what if Rom scores goals, how many of them were match winners? He's shit.

Then on top of that you add the not so great Dane you're pretty much doomed.

I just hope you somehow manage to keep Alexis.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Yes, Bologna can be added to the never-ending list of bogey teams....

Those next 3 games you posted Ahmed are fully losable with this disgraceful defense and Gagliardini playing the worst football of his very average career.
Bogey-logna...

Only when we play in Milano, absurdly. Away we almost always win in Bologna in the past 15 years or so. Even Gabigol's only Inter goal was there lol.

Surely Gagliardini will be dropped now. He is lucky fans aren't allowed to attend games, imagine the jeering he would have gotten..

Barella is injured but Vecino and Brozovic recovered so Gag will be dropped. I prefer Agoume getting minutes even. Or Valero.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
The 3 are Lukaku, Sanchez and Eriksen. Young was doing ok for us but we have Shaw and Williams who are faster and younger and probably better defenders.

Getting rid of the other 2 is the best business Ole had done and I'm including bringing in Bruno.

So what if Rom scores goals, how many of them were match winners? He's shit.

Then on top of that you add the not so great Dane you're pretty much doomed.

I just hope you somehow manage to keep Alexis.
Lukaku scored a lot of match winners and also opened the scoring for us, the first goal is important in matches to open up games but I am lazy to list them all. We don't need from a CF more than 20-30 goals a season, that should do. And obviously some will have to be against smaller clubs, surely someone like Andy Cole or Yorke scored against a lot of crap teams? Just like Ronaldo (the Brazilian) or Zlatan or Milito also scoring against average opponents.

As for Eriksen, his EPL numbers were great. Or are you saying EPL is shit too ? He was part of a Spurs side that played good attacking football and was integral in it.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
You should spend more time actually watching games instead of posting every move and play in here. You're obviously missing vital information and backing it up with stats after the fact.

Lukaku and Eriksen are lazy hacks. Sanchez is even worse. You say I have an agenda because they're ex United, well you're right. I hate them because they stink and are paid a fortune. As for Eriksen well he was done as a footballer 2 seasons ago, you're just to biased too see it

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
I critiziced Eriksen this season in more than one match but clearly you missed that, otherwise you wouldn't call me biased. I don't praise all Inter players, in fact read this thread or any thread you will always find negative comments from me during games. Not red level negativity but some criticism for sure.

Saying that Eriksen was finished 2 seasons ago makes no sense. His numbers last season were good. In EPL, best league in the world, 8 goals and 12 assists. That's 20 goals overall. Not bad for a supposedly finished player.

He is an attacking midfielder, so judging by goals and assists is fair. I am not judging a goalkeeper or a CB or a DM by goals and/or assists.

Please don't talk about watching games, how frequently do you watch Serie A - if ever? We get it, you hate Lukaku and Alexis but saying they are Inter's problem reeks of ignorance. How is 20+ goals in his debut season in Italy a problem for Inter? And Sanchez when he played was a threat. If you bothered watching you would know, but you're just here to troll players you don't like.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Verona away the toughest of the 3 for sure. Torino are very poor, and Spal are last. The Verona game comes right after Bologna so hopefully we see some reaction.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
and the second where Barrow was all alone, not sure where DD was as it's his defensive area.
Oh dear, just found this on Facebook... 🤦‍♂️

You can park a truck in that space.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
They won after he was subbed out, if I recall correctly. Hard to give him credit in this case.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
All I'm saying is you can't rely on those guys. They turn up when they want. All the positive numbers you can throw at me mean nothing when you finish 4th.

Since you asked I've watched about 10 games and a few more highlights this season and I have only been impressed with Ash. Rom is same old Rom, Alexis is basically a thief and then you have lazy Dane who obviously chose you for 1 last big contract, his numbers are embarrassing

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Eriksen lazy? Do you not see the countless runs into the box. He also often tracks back. As far as I remember, he often was the one who ran the most during Tottenham games, might be wrong though. Maybe you perceive him as lazy because he is not blazingly fast? Or because he sometimes gets too passive and makes too many sideways passes?

·
Registered
59,120 Posts

Player distance covered 2017/18
PlayerTeamKm
Jack CorkBUR133
Abdoulaye DoucoureWAT130
Pascal GrossBHA129
Nemanja MaticMUN128
Dale StephensBHA127
Christian EriksenTOT126

I am interested in knowing why Ronaldwho? hates Eriksen...

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
All I'm saying is you can't rely on those guys. They turn up when they want. All the positive numbers you can throw at me mean nothing when you finish 4th.

Since you asked I've watched about 10 games and a few more highlights this season and I have only been impressed with Ash. Rom is same old Rom, Alexis is basically a thief and then you have lazy Dane who obviously chose you for 1 last big contract, his numbers are embarrassing
Ok seeing as you claim to have watched Inter this season, in which games did Lukaku directly cost us points lost? In other words, what games did we lose or draw directly because of Lukaku?

And how many goals should he score in a season to be praised or at least not to be criticised?

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Objection. Argumentative. Badgering the witness.

@Ronaldwho? Don't answer.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Hmm..

Let me guess, you hate Dybala too right?

As for Eriksen going to Inter because of money, do players pay money to Manchester United to play there or what? Man U spend big on wages.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts