Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't watch yesterday's game live so I had to wait for a delayed transmission. In the meantime I found out what happened and was extremely angry! Not only did we help Juve win lo Scudetto, we helped Roma come second!!!!! I felt rage towards our players, I hoped that the fans would lynch them, for showing utter disdain towards us during the entire season and this day was just the last drop!

And then I saw the game...

I have never seen anything like it! Inter had everything, a point advantage, 80.000 fans cheering them on regardless of their allegiance, a Lazio in not so good a form plaqued with injuries, and yet...I mean how much more can you help them, we gifted them one goal, gifted them a corner with the second goal...What the hell happened? Our players did not become fenomenons that day, in fact we played as we did for most of this season. All Inter needed was a third goal at 2-1 and we would have been dead and burried. Instead, it was a monumental tragedy. Inter defeated itself yesterday, we were only there to make the numbers.

I heard some harsh words from Moratti and Materazzi yesterday, there was even a fight in the dressing room. All I can say is that I don't blame them one bit. In the state of mind they were any words said could be forgiven. When they cool down, I'm sure they'll come to the same conclusion I did.

I'm also glad that some of you understand better why I was against my team on Sunday. But I suppose I should thank some juventini who showed their stile-juve with their posts. Remember them, Laziali, they are examples of a typical gobbo(derogatory term for juventini). Now you see why I didn't want Juve to win it either, but it wasn't us who helped Juve win lo Scudetto. It was Inter who did that.

The anger was gone after the match, but yesterday's victory left a bitter taste in my mouth...

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
DeJackal said:
What is this?

You sound more of a Internazionale support that Lazio. Maybe you should be.
didn't you watch the game? Or more correct, didn't you listen to the game. The Lazio fans rooted for Inter as champions. Not becuase they want to be inter fans, nope because they saw them as the smallest of the evils as to say. But that is wellknown, Light toller was in the arena if I am corect and obvioulsy by this post it can be seen he(?) rooted for Inter as scudetto winner.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
lightoller, i agree everything u said...the way we played the game, i just don't think we deserved to win the scudetto...hell, i wanted to see INTER win the scudetto as much as every INTERISTI...but we sucked yesterday...if we couldn't beat lazio (who didn't even have crespo, lopez, and liverani), that meant we were still not strong enough mentally...the bottom line is if u concede 4 goals in the last, most decisive match of the season, then u don't deserve to win the championship...

i love INTER...but when u play like that, u r not gonna win it...

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
JKris said:

But that is wellknown, Light toller was in the arena if I am corect and obvioulsy by this post it can be seen he(?) rooted for Inter as scudetto winner.
You are not correct:D ;)

But I'm sure that if he WAS there, he would have rooted for Inter.

Right, Milos?:D

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I agree that I would rather see Inter win the title than Juve, but I am quite happy as long as it isn't roma. I cannot be angry at Lazio because they won that match. I cannot go against my own team like that.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aca explained it well, JKris. I would have cheered Inter on if I had watched it live, because that was the one team of all three I didn't dislike(maybe you didn't look at the table but Lazio was downand out long since). And now that I see how juventini behave in victory and how Interisti behave in defeat, I am sure more then ever that I made the right decision.

Yesterday I surfed around some Inter fan forums in Italian. I saw several messages left by Laziali, and I was curious how Inter fans would react. They were no less then great. They said that they didn't blame Lazio or Lazio fans and that their team collapsed. In any case the gemellaggio between us is still on. To me, they are real champions because they know how to lose. Riomisti and gobbi? They don't even know how to win!

G

·
I watched the game, 50% of the fans in the stadium were actually internazionale supporters. 99% of the fans in the stadium were supporting Internazionale.

I understand supporting Internazionale over Roma and Juventus, because even I hate those two clubs and I'm a neutral.

I knew that all Lazio supporters would rather Inter win the Scudetto over Roma and Juve. What I don't understand is why a Lazio fan could write

All Inter needed was a third goal at 2-1 and we would have been dead and burried. Instead, it was a monumental tragedy. Inter defeated itself yesterday, we were only there to make the numbers.
That to me sounds like a patriotic inter supporter more than a Lazio fan wanting to support inter over two Juve and Roma.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was merely stating FACTS, DeJackal. Anyone who watched the game can confirm my words.

·
Registered
415 Posts
DeJackal said:
That to me sounds like a patriotic inter supporter more than a Lazio fan wanting to support inter over two Juve and Roma.
It didn't strike me that way, I felt he was just saying that he wanted Inter to win, but they self-destructed and it's really a shame that they did so. We played no better or worse than we did over the course of the season, and all Inter had to do was show up, which they didn't.

At least that's how I interpreted his statement. Anyway, I agree with that sentiment, I watched a tape of the game as well a couple days ago and I was disappointed in how bad Inter were, since I was hoping they'd win the title over Juve and Roma. But hey, they threw it all away, so I don't feel too bad about it. We didn't play to lose and we didn't play dirty to keep them from winning. We just played a professional game, and I'm happy about that.

EDIT: I guess I have to add that at least it wasn't Roma. Even though I don't like Juve, I can stand seeing them win the Scudetto. Especially after hearing about Nedved crying and thanking Lazio over and over. For me at least, he's forgiven, it shows that he'll always remember us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts