Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter snub hurt me, admits Pirlo Wednesday 30 March, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan ace Andrea Pirlo has spiced up the Champions’ League derby by taking a swipe at former club Inter.

The Italian star, who scored twice against Scotland on Saturday, has criticised the Nerazzurri for not giving him enough of a chance to prove himself at the San Siro.

"It hurts inside when you want to play so desperately but you are not given the opportunity," stated the midfielder.

"I didn’t feel humiliated but it was sad that I had to ask to quit the club in order to play more regularly."

Pirlo was often overlooked by Inter, a decision they must now be regretting given his impact with their city rivals.

The youngster, who left four years ago, knew the time was right to move on when he couldn’t even get a game under Marco Tardelli.

"I played in every match for him at Under-21 level and was a key figure," added the Italian. "But I wasn’t given any room when he got to Inter."

Pirlo has also revealed that he only agreed to join Internazionale at the request of owner Massimo Moratti.

"I was 18 and all set to join Parma before he called me and told me that Inter wanted me," explained ‘Riverino’.

"I also spoke with him when I decided to leave and he wasn’t that happy but that’s what occurred."

But before taking on his former team next week, Pirlo will come up against his past again on Saturday when Brescia arrive in Serie A.

"I’ve changed a lot since then," he stated. "I played as an attacking midfielder rather than a deep playmaker for Brescia.

"However, to play for your home-town club is an extraordinary experience that I will never forget."

Pirlo’s form for Milan has unsurprisingly led to an international call and boss Marcello Lippi described him as Italy’s "silent leader" after his heroics on Saturday.

"The 2006 World Cup is one of my ambitions," Pirlo noted. "Being a part of the squad is not enough for me, I want to be an important figure for the Azzurri."

channel4

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Pirlo is a disgrace to the black and blue uniform. He's an absolute disgrace. Talking shit about his former team when he got the better deal. He's a lying cheat, who probably fakes drug tests as well like his friend Gatts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Sometimes I feel I should just give up the Italian NT and stick to the USA. Even though the USA don't do that well, at least they don't cheat and play disgraceful players like Pirlo. We all remember what Pirlo did last Euro, where he openly questioned the team along with Gattuso and disrupted the spirit of the team by whining for a starting place. He's the reason the Italian NT spirit was broken and why the paper came out with the story of Vieri hating Buffon. B/c once Pirlo broke the media boundary, he opened up the rest of the team to any potential accusations of hate and dislike. He is the reason we lost.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
And he's at it again, after the last game, he said that he doesn't want to just be called up for the NT in 06, but he wants to feature in it. That's a disgrace. There's a reason why there's Lippi- he makes the decisions on who plays and who doesn't- not Pirlo. Pirlo seems to think he's the next best midfielder next to Zidane in his glory days. Not even Zidane bragged this much and called for a spot as much as Pirlo did. And Pirlo is not even a drop next to Zidane's image. Great players don't need to keep whining and calling for a feature spot. They just do their job and take it. Arrogance is not bliss, arrogance is a detriment to one's good play. That's how I look at it. Pirlo can fuk off for all I care, despite his two goals in Scotland. We have Totti who can take FK's just as well. So if Pirlo thinks he can feature for us and be on our UEFA WC Magazine Cover, then think again. He won't get there just on the basis of his FK's, thought I can't argue with his latest play, where he finally is making good passesin the NT

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Inter lost a real gem when Pirlo went to Milan. But of course, I would not have expected Tardelli to have any idea. Under his 'guidance' we lost 6-0 in a derby and Recoba's fine was used "for a good purpose", namely, a party for the players in which high class call girls attended. Tardelli was also there. Pirlo is lucky he left and he has most certainly gone on to bigger and better things. It is ashame that Inter had Pirlo only to lose him.

·
Registered
788 Posts
We know you hate Pirlo Pulsar, no need to blame him for Italy's elimination from the WC.

L’estate scorsa, durante gli Europei in Portogallo, dopo la prima partita in panchina, ci fu una specie di sottoscrizione pubblica per inserire Pirlo tra i titolari. E furono i suoi compagni di squadra a suggerire questa soluzione, a testimonianza del fatto che la bravura e l’utilità sono ormai ampiamente riconosciute.
www.gazzetta.it

I suppose you understand enough Italian to grasp the meaning of the sentence in bold. And I also suppose Gazzetta is in a way less preconceived than yourself.

Next point: Pirlo isn't demanding a place, he's saying he will do his best to be a leading figure for the NT (which he already is, dixit Lippi). Don't put your words into his mouth, it makes you look like some pulp/trash football newspaper (aka Tribalfootball).

Hooray for CZ :rolleyes:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I don't care. I don't want people of low character on my team. People like Ambrosini, Pirlo, and Cafu who makes fun of players on the pitch. I am all about being right and not being morally incorrect. I could lose all I want, but to have heads like Galliani in charge of my team I would kill myself, its a utter disgrace to have that filth at the head of my club. I would want honest guys like Moratti, who was named most honest businessman in Italy a few years back. I want honstly and I want responsibility. I would want to make all the bad and stupid decisions in the world, as long as we do things right and morally. And we have class players on our team who are good role models. That is what I care about.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
leoshev said:
We know you hate Pirlo Pulsar, no need to blame him for Italy's elimination from the WC.

www.gazzetta.it

I suppose you understand enough Italian to grasp the meaning of the sentence in bold. And I also suppose Gazzetta is in a way less preconceived than yourself.

Next point: Pirlo isn't demanding a place, he's saying he will do his best to be a leading figure for the NT (which he already is, dixit Lippi). Don't put your words into his mouth, it makes you look like some pulp/trash football newspaper (aka Tribalfootball).

Hooray for CZ :rolleyes:
Whatever.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I miss him too, I had huge hope for him and remembing watching him play in the Olympics, but my dream crashed :(

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Pirlo is a disgrace to the black and blue uniform. He's an absolute disgrace. Talking shit about his former team when he got the better deal. He's a lying cheat, who probably fakes drug tests as well like his friend Gatts
Serious man what are you on? :googly:Ambrosini,Cafu and pirlo make fun of players what sport are you watching>?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Cafu only. Sorry I didn't make that clear in my statements. And you can back that up according to various sources in the football world.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Pulsy,
For the sake of everybody but more importantly, yours, stick to baseball and your Yankees. You got it right in football as much as Moratti knows about football. :lala: :jester:

As to Pirlo, thanks god he was not given a chance at Inter, otherwise, he would have wasted his career in mediocrity and not realized all his immense potential. Watching great, talented players like Adriano, Cordoba and Emre at Inter, it makes me truly sad for them. :( Hopefully they will see the light and salvage their career while it's still possible....:eek:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
san siro
i think u always wake up n read trash,write trash,n then post trash.
but dont do that here.

ADRIANO CORDOBA
ARE PLAYIN VERY WELL

its only emre who stinked but i dont care about it,he isnt an interista

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I dont blame Pirlo for anything. He's just telling like it is. We lost him, he didnt lose us. Its a real shame.

San Siro, you hope our players to see the light? How thoughtful of you! Why dont you see the light and get the fuk outta here?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Whoops...I have him on Ignore..didn't see what he said, and I mean that honestly

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
nahh
change that ,he is a regualar poster n every poster deserves at least a bit of respect
so just to check,that he wont tell u smth bad :D
u shld take it off,n putin under ignore its like bein afraid of smth,but as we all know INTERISTA S
are not afraid of anything

1 - 20 of 35 Posts