Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercato

15:07 16/05 COLPO INTER: ACQUISTATO IL CENTRALE PARAGUAYANO GAMARRA

Colpo dell'Inter. La formazione nerazzurra ha acquistato il centrale della nazionale paraguayana Carlos Gamarra, 31 anni, attualmente in forza all'Aek Atene, ma di proprieta' del Flamengo. Pronto un contratto biennale. Il giocatore e' piaciuto parecchio ad Hector Cuper che l'ha visto all'opera contro la sua Inter in Coppa Uefa

Luigi Guelpa

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From http://www2.calciomercato.com/

Inter has signed the central defender from the Paraguayan national team, 31 year old Gamarra who played last season at Aek Atene, but of property of Flamengo. He signed a two year contract with Inter. The player is liked by Cuper after the Uefa Cup games with Inter.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
According to the official web site, it´s close to an agreenment. So what to believe here? :confused:

If we have indeed signed Gamarra then we can all say good bye to Simic, who will be the second defender on the bench. He doesn´t deserve that nor I believe he will accept that.

Gamarra is a worldclass defender, and he will come for free. I just hope that he is prepared of being a bench player with Cordoba as a certain starter and then either Materazzi or Nesta being the other central defender.

But Gamarra is great.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
does that mean that sorondo will leave? how about simic?? :confused: we are not bringing ferrari back?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Hi interistis!
This is my first post at ur forum.
Who is this Gammara person (age/talent). is he good enough to play in serie A? Hope he is not another Roque junior of our team.

I am sorry for u not getting the scuddetto this year, and NO i am not insulting you. better luck next year.
;)

Ciao.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Carlos Gamarra is one of the best defenders in the world. He became really famous in 98 where he was playing for the Paraguayan NT and was probably their best player along with Chilavert. He then moved to Atletico de Madrid. That was the season they got relegated, but he was their best player that season by far.

Then he moved to Flamengo. Don´t know how he did there, but was still successfull with the NT. Then he went to AEK Athens where I saw him briefly against Inter and he looked like he was with Atletico. Very solid and great.

He´s definetely good enough for Serie A. He´s actually a tad too good for being a bench player for us, but since he accepts a move to Inter I guess he will accept the bench too.

He´s 31 years old, so he´s extremely experienced too.

It´s definetely a great player, but I have mixed feelings about this. Since this will for sure means that Simic leaves or will completely rot on our bench, I have mixed feelings because I´ve growed attached to Simic after all these years he has been here. One of the best manmarkers in the world shouldn´t have to be the 4th choice as a central defender in any team. That´s why I hope for his sake that he leaves, and I also believe he will.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
haven't really heard of this player, but if jimmy says he's that good...

Cuper never saw simic in the first team, it's better for simic to leave inter since he is relatively young; it's better to let a 31 year old to sit than a 27 (?) year old to sit.

Damn, i really liked simic, we should sell him to milan :eek:, since milan wants a world class defender and we want their coco. Also moving to milan would be simic's dream.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
thanks for the info Jimmy. but don't u think he is quite old. can he cope with the level of defending needed in serie A. From ur info looks like one hell of a defender. that means trouble for my milan while playing against u.

I will hope he doesn't click with ur team. ;)

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
If guys like Carrera, Sensini, Maldini and the other veteran defenders out there can cope with Serie A, then Gamarra can too. ;)

I´m telling you. He´s worldclass. :) He has been worldclass for many years now, but just hasn´t played in those teams where he would receive the attention he deserves and recognition.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
as long as gamarra doesn't play as bad as chamot, i'd love to see him come... :D chamot still survives in serie A, why not gamarra?

D

·
0 Posts
a Roman reporter said on the radio :
"Gamarra to Inter ? ahah the G-FACTOR, G-resko, G-eorgatos, G-amarra"

and all the studio of the radio laughed with him.

:tongue:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Veteran Gamarra joins Inter defence

May 16, 2002

Internazionale have signed Paraguayan centre back Carlos Gamarra on a free transfer.

The Milan club were in talks with his former club Flamengo last year to put an initial deal in place but the veteran went on loan to AEK Athens at the start of this year.

He has agreed a one year contract with Inter who are still inked with SS Lazio captain Alessandro Nesta although Inter president Massimo Moratti denied again today that a deal had been done for the Italy star.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I remember there was a time when Gamarra was rumored to be going to AC Milan and they said on the Milan forum that he was a pretty good defender but that was injured way too often. So he's good but has a tendency of getting injured very often.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great !
This would a great move !
Gamarra would be the best player for backup for the duo of Materazzi/Nesta-Cordoba !!!!!

AND :
Inter defender Marco Materazzi has stated that he is completely happy at the club and hopes to sign a new contract

"I think both the club and I have the will to reach agreement," he said. "Inter are my first choice, but the club will make the decision. If they decide to keep me, I'll be extremely happy, even because Inter believed in me, bought me half way through a season, and waited six months. I want to be a point of reference for tomorrow's Inter."

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
What a surprise transfer!I never expect we would act so fast in the transfer market!However,we need to strengthen the depth of our central defence,and signing Gamerra is a right move IMO!

Jimmy,I know ur concern about the situation for Simic in the team now.But I dont think it is such a big issue!Think about it,honestly speaking I dont think Simic's position would be changed so much have we not signed Gamarra.He would not be our starter anyway!We all know next season,as u said,either Nesta-Cordoba or Mata-Cordoba will start for us.The only thing may be that Simic would be a 4th defender in the team.However it might not nessarily be the case since Gamarra and Simic are quite different type of defender!He is more of a Materazzi type and Simic is more of a Cordoba type if u know what I mean!So if Cordoba is out then it might not necessarily mean Gamarra will replace him ahead of Simic!

So,dont be sad about Simic,I do not believe Gamarra would bring that big impact on him,however,I can only see it'll have a good impact to the squard!:)

Personally I seldom see Gamarra play,but I've well heard of this guy and know that he is a very good defender with much experience!

Anyways,he is a GREAT defender in CM,believe me,CM are quite accrurate about that!:D

BENVENUTO GAMARRA!!!:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts