Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turkey striker Hakan Sukur described joining Inter as the most important event of his life as he was officially unveiled by the Milan giants on Thursday.

Sukur, 29, said: "It’s a proud moment and important for a Turkish player to come to a big club like Inter.

"Coming here is not easy," he added. "Not everybody has the chance to come to a club like this. I realise it will be difficult to make an impression and become one of the club’s main players, but you can be sure that I will fight for my place.

"I had a lot of offers, including one from Bayern Munich, but I preferred Italy because it’s the most difficult league in the world.

"Even in Italy I had a lot of offers but I chose Inter because the manager here liked me and understood me and I respected that. I am sure that in Turkey a lot of fans will now start following Inter."

Of the club he left behind, Sukur, 29, said: "Now that Galatasaray have signed Jardel [from Porto], I am sure with him they will win more trophies because he is a brave player."

The fee, to be decided by Uefa, will be nominal because Sukur was out of contract at Galatasaray. But, as the Bosman ruling does not affect Turkish clubs, there will be some cash changing hands.

As part of the deal, Inter have also agreed to arrange a money-spinning friendly in Istanbul with the profits going to the Turkish club.

Sukur will join his team-mates in pre-season training on July 23. He will move to Italy with his wife and daughter, and will have a personal translator with him for his first month in Italy.

Inter manager Marcello Lippi will be glad to boost his options up front, with Christian Vieri and Ronaldo being prone to injury in recent seasons.

Sukur helped his old club win the Uefa Cup last season and also has some Serie A experience, although a spell at Torino only lasted five games because of homesickness.

Meanwhile, Inter announced they were about to sign young Valencia midfielder Francisco Javier Farinos.

Another article:

Inter to unveil Sükür

After five years away, Turkish star Hakan Sükür is confident of a return to Italy. Inter and Galatasaray are currently holding talks on the player’s move to Milan.

“I want to repay the trust Inter have in me. I want to be at my very best and can’t wait to start this new adventure,” said Sakur.

On Galatasaray’s willingness to keep him, the forward said: “They didn’t do anything to keep me and now they have invested in an important forward through Mario Jardel.”

If financial agreement is still to be reached between the two clubs, Galatasaray have said that the deal should be tied up sooner rather than later.

Sükür will have a medical on Thursday before being presented to the media, after which he will return to Turkey for his summer holiday.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts