Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter set to lose Adriano as gag-bid backfires

Thursday 9th May 2002

Adriano has defied Internazionale by speaking of his desire for first-team football, possibly away from the San Siro.

"Inter have asked me not to talk, but they know my feelings," he said. "I want to play for a great club where I will be well respected and where I will be in the starting XI.

"But I also know that my future will decided by Inter president Massimo Moratti."

The Brazilian youngster was sent on loan to Fiorentina in January after failing to hold down a place in Inter's star-studded line-up.

His performances for the Viola attracted attention from a number of leading clubs, with Parma, Lazio and Roma all thought to be interested.

The skilful striker is preparing for the Toulon Under-20 tournament with Brazil and has left his destiny in the hands of agent Gilmar Rinaldi. "I will stay in Europe for two weeks when I hope to resolve all doubts about Adriano's future," he said.

"He is a fantastic boy and a fantastic player and we must make the best possible choice."

Roma are believed to be leading the chase for Adriano and club president Franco Sensi has confirmed a move to open negotiations. He said: "I will shortly meet Moratti in Milan to enquire about Adriano."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts