Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be a great match. How about someone else preview it? Deano? Ross? RF53? Thoto? Anyone?
How about a couple of different people preview it? Lots to discuss.....

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
2 excellent attacks against 2 horrible defences. 86 goals scored and 63 conceeded between Inter and Roma (as compared to 79 for and 30 againts between Juve and Milan)

Should be a very entertaining game :) Prediction 3-3

PS. As a draw is likely, I imagine that their won't be a avatar-switching bet between fans for this game ;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I got it Primo...

It will be a tough game against Inter. Roma will be looking to get into the elusive Champions League Spot while Inter looks to push forward and extend their hold on their tenious hold their spot, it looks to be a heated match with much fire and vigour and loads of firepower. It features two scintillating attacks against teams that are notoriuosly leaky in the back. One team is led by the all Italian tridente of Totti, Cassano and Montella backed by a some vetrans and a slew of Roma products of De Rossi, Aquilani, and Zotti with perhaps Scurto and Corvia making appearances. They are up against a team that looks like it is led by a Dutchman on attacking steroids, with a team that doesn't have a supporting cast of foreigners but rather a team of foreigners with a supporting cast of Italians. Inter has pulled of miracles due to their attacking prowess: beating Sampdoria 3-2 after pulling that result out of a hat in stoppage time, or pulling even with Juventus in the final 20 minutes, or getting a deserved point after being down a man and 2 goals with 15 minutes left. They can't prevent a lot of goals but they sure can score a lot. This game will be all guns ablazing.

Roma looks to get a Champions League Spot so as to rehabilitate their image and to pay off some of their debts, while Inter looks to increase their hold on 3rd spot and perhaps even sneak second place. It will be a heated match with clutching and grabbing and last second challenges, but it will be entertaining with, as it has proved in the past, many goals.

Totti scored his hundredth against Inter for Roma; he looks to decrease the gap between him and 200.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
i think our team main problem from the very start is the center midfield.. this area is completely disorganized.. and i blame this for our week defence.. our midfield provides no cover at all..

we also lack creativity in that area so badly.. we depend on Totti assists too much and when he's marked or not in his day we become completely lost.. the only other player who play in this area and can provide ideas is Derossi and he's obviously way below what we all expect from him.. i'm starting to have the feeling that he's just another over-rated in way or another cause the way he plays now is even below average.. in many games he couldn't even do simple 5m pass properly!!

against Inter we will be without Dacourt.. this will add more trouble.. and considering Totti usual performance in Sansiro.. i can't see any reason to be optimistic..

this our possible midfield:
Mancini ---- Derossi --- Perotta ---- Cufre

against Inter strong midfield.. sorry but we have NO CHANCE!

i hope Delneri plays with a defensive formation 4-5-1 cause playing against Inter with the same team we played against Bolongea is suicide!

close our area with as many players we can..inter will be lost withour spaces they depend on it too much.. counter attack with Totti excellent long passes.. Montella & cassano speed against weak old inter defence..
this is the only way to get anything from this match..

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
even though i predict inter winning, i think del neri should play this match like any other with the 4-3-3 formation...its gonna be a high-scoring game, and considering the form our defence is in i think we should counter inter's attack with a strong attack of our own

------------------ pelizzoli ------------------
panucci --- dellas --- mexes (ferrari) --- cufre
----- mancini ---- perrotta ----- de rossi ----
------------------- totti --------------------
------------ montella -- cassano ------------

i also have a point to make...it is very doubtful that cassano is ready by saturday
if he couldn't be fit by them, who will be his substitute now that mido is gone.. it would be extremely foolish to change the whole team tactics if just a single player got injured...and at the same time it would be even more foolish to give corvia the nod in a game with such huge calibur

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
In this kind of game, current form matters very little. All our players will be extra inspired to play great, and will hopefully do just that. Its a derby, even though not a real one.
And they should be damn scared of our attack !

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Cassano is injured, we'd have to move Mancini forward to play alongside Monty and Totti. But 'Tonio will be back. We really need him for his creativity, unpredictability.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
GamE_Ove12 said:
i hope Delneri plays with a defensive formation 4-5-1 cause playing against Inter with the same team we played against Bolongea is suicide!
A defensive 4-5-1 with Totti, Montella and Cassano playing:eek:...i'd love to see how that'd work out.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Inter are unbeaten in 23 Serie A games this year, as well as 6 in Champions League and I believe several Coppa Italia games this year. Inter finished the Serie A season last year with 2 victories, which would make their unbeaten streak like 35 or 36 or something.
They, like us, have a pretty sloppy defense.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
A defensive 4-5-1 with Totti, Montella and Cassano playing...i'd love to see how that'd work out
Zotti

Panucci---- Dellas--Mexes---- Cufre

------------Perotta----------------
------Derossi ---- Aquillani--------
---------Totti---Cassano ---------

------------Montella--------​

:thmbup: :rollani: ;)

4 back defence.. 3 DM.. perotta should play a bit behind to provide more cover and Cassano can play occasionally on the left wing.. but not too wide so he can become isolated.. Panucci too can play on the right wing the same rule he played with Italian NT.. the same rule Cafu plays with Milan.. the most important thing is to play fast counter attack.. we should reach the goal with <3 passes..

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think the same way as Game_Ove12, because the game will be ruled in the midfield. We just have to hope that Panucci and other defence won't make any terrible mistakes. Inter will play 4-4-2 or sometimes 4-3-3. Our tridente (if Cassano is fit) will handle their thin defence and if we keep strong midfield and control it and trust we can make good counter-attacks, there's a possibility of winning this one.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
That's a 4-3-3
not when Totti plays in the center to distribute balls and Cassano on the wing..

anyways.. as u like buddy.. it's a 4-3-3 but with more defensive rules..:D

my whole point is to have 3 DM.. no usual useless wing play by Cufre or Mancini.. Totti plays as pure midfield.. more players in our field.. closing the spaces as much as we can..

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
GamE_Ove12 said:
not when Totti plays in the center to distribute balls and Cassano on the wing..
that's exactly how we've been playing it but Totti is considered a forward by many even though he's a midfielder (even the UEFA euro04 official site had him as a forward in their profile of him) and Cassano’s natural position is thought of while his free roaming role in the formation is neglected and so people call it 4-4-3.

but I agree with you, the 3 man defense isn't working for us anymore and we're much more solid at the back when we play a line of 4 with Mexes and Dellas in the center, Panucci is a better option for right back than Ferrari and Cufré is the natural choice for left back.

I also agree with your midfield but I’d play Dacourt over Perrotta if he’s available. I don’t know how to sort the Cassano situation if he’s not available, Mancini is the most suitable, I guess, but I’ve noticed that since his return he’s been taking on players when he should distribute the ball and he does it in a way that gives the other team plenty of time to reorganize their defense which kills our counter attacks and he still needs to work on his crosses, Corvia is just not convincing enough yet to take on a match like this one.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
You could call it a 4-3-2-1, but with Totti and Cassano it cannot be a "defensive" 4-5-1, est-ce impossible!:D Anyway, i think i know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
At the end of the day a 442, 4321, 451 and 4231 can be the different names for the same thing. The actual formation on the pitch is really all that counts.

I do agree with the point that it is hard to call any formation with Totti, Cassano and Montella defensive.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts