Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
60,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This game will take place on Saturday, the 12th of February.

We're playing at home so anything less than a win shall not be accepted. We need to open up a comfortable gap with Roma and make sure of our CL spot.

I've watched Roma play today against Bologna and they weren't convincing. Apart from the massively talented trident upfront, they don't bother me much. They use a three man defence, which should struggle against our strikers. Olivier Dacourt is suspended, btw.

As for Inter, hopefully Adriano will be ready to start alongside Martins.

FORZA INTER !!!! :fero:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Should be a good game, their defence is slightly better then ours but not one of the best. Need to be more careful then last time but things should get interesting if we win that game.

My gues of where the difference could be made are the attackers of both teams.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I remember the last one was a brilliant match

Totti's 100th goal in serie a on a 30m freekick

3-3

sensational

of course thats what u get w/ inter, entertainment

yeah sucks though we might not even be in the champions league next year but still be undefeated, crazy

Hopefully this does not happen

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
In the first leg of this season, it was a good game to watch for other fans. I was dissappointed to give a two goal lead to Roma. I had thought that Recoba's goal had won us 3 points in Rome. Sadly, that was not the case.

I am expecting Inter to play more better. And without Matrix, I hope Mancini would play Burdisso. I am kinda worried that Totti-Cassano-Montella-Mancini might trouble Mihajlovic a bit too much.

J.Zanetti ---- Burdisso ---- Cordoba ---- Favalli/Coco would be better.

:thumbsup:

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
I`d like this formation against Rome:

---------------------Fontana-----------------

J.Zanetti ---- Miha ----- Cordoba ---- Favalli

-------------------Cambiasso----------------

VDM----------------Veron-------------Davids

--------------------------Recoba------------
--------------Adriano------------------------

Davids and Recoba have extrme history in Rome games, Veron was very good lately, I don`t want the risk of playing the young unexperianced Defender in this hard game, so I prefered Miha on Burdisso, and I still Coco isn`t ready yet, and I`m afraid of his too many mistakes, Favalli is better for now.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
This is a match for the CL spots. We absolutely gotta win this if we're expecting to play in the CL next year.

Their attacking trident is pretty scary given the fact that our defense is nothing more than an empty sack of potatoes. :scared:

Lets hope they can hold it up against Roma.

FORZA INTER!

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
Interista said:
Vieri is in form too.
That`s true, but in thiss case you will have to choose between Adriano and Vieri cause no way we gonna play them togther again.. this would be a very stuped action, we must learn of our mistakes not repeating them

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Devious said:
I`d like this formation against Rome:

---------------------Fontana-----------------

J.Zanetti ---- Miha ----- Cordoba ---- Favalli

-------------------Cambiasso----------------

VDM----------------Veron-------------Davids

--------------------------Recoba------------
--------------Adriano------------------------

Davids and Recoba have extrme history in Rome games, Veron was very good lately, I don`t want the risk of playing the young unexperianced Defender in this hard game, so I prefered Miha on Burdisso, and I still Coco isn`t ready yet, and I`m afraid of his too many mistakes, Favalli is better for now.

Strong team, nice formation but I'm not feeling the left side. I also agree with you on Miha above Burdisso as he is exprienced enough to do whatever is necessary to stop Roma's trident. Recoba has a history of performing well agains the giallorossi. It was also suggested before to switch JZ on the left and play Ze Maria on the right just to stabilise things on the right. But I doubt whether Mancio would agree.

Should be a good, I think anything less then a win is not good for us.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Why not move Cordoba out to the left and stick Nico in the middle?

He performs better than Favalli has and it gives Nico a change. As Mancio rarely plays Miha and Matrix together plus Capitano wouln't have to be on the left.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
what about martins he deserves to start w/ adriano

·
Registered
45,468 Posts
Adriano looks like he still needs a while to regain his match fitness as well as confidence. I think he should be brought on as a sub for Vieri sometime in the 2nd half.

As for JZ, he played an excellent match on the left. That's what makes him such a great player. With all the problems we've had at the leftback position, why not put JZ there and get maybe Ze Maria to play on the right? That said, Ze Maria really needs to get his shit together. I think he just needs to play more matches though to develop the understanding with the rest of that team. He seems to lack that as well as confidence. No big deal - both can come quickly.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Interista said:
Why not move Cordoba out to the left and stick Nico in the middle?

He performs better than Favalli has and it gives Nico a change. As Mancio rarely plays Miha and Matrix together plus Capitano wouln't have to be on the left.
Because Miha and Burdisso is the middle is the slowest defensive pairing next to Miha and Materazzi.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Adriano is not fit to start. He was sluggish at the weekend and had close to none of the explosive pace he usually displays. On nearly every occassion he received the ball, he tried to dribble players and lost possession. He is struggling with fitness and unless something dramatic happens this week he should not start.

Someone suggested Coco as a starter at left back. I watched him start against Parma and he was a nightmare. Some might say he has not really been given a chance to establish himself but at times like these Inter can not afford to just give players a run. We are at a vital stage in the season and Coco is not up to the task and nor is Favalli for that matter. And lastly, just a final thought on our left back position, Pasquale should not have been loaned out.

As for Vieri, why is everyone saying he is back in form or back to the player of old? I think that is bit of an overstatement. He scored from a penalty and about the most he does is hold up the ball and get fouled which allows Mihajlovic to take threatening free kicks. Where's the Vieri that used to hit crackers from outside the box? Where's the Vieri that used to shoot from any angle or bury headers when given the right pass? Not sure what you guys remember of the Vieri of old, but I do not think he is back to his best.

As for our defence, with the exception of Javier Zanetti and possibly Cordoba, whoever starts, does not really make a difference. With the likes of Montella, Totti and Cassano expect havoc and forget about keeping a clean sheet.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Inter01 said:
As for Vieri, why is everyone saying he is back in form or back to the player of old? I think that is bit of an overstatement. He scored from a penalty and about the most he does is hold up the ball and get fouled which allows Mihajlovic to take threatening free kicks. Where's the Vieri that you hit crackers from outside the box? Where's the Vieri that used to shoot from any angle or bury headers when given the right passes? Not sure what you guys remember of the Vieri of old, but I do not think he is back to his best.
I doubt whether that Vieri will ever return, in the mean time I'm glad with this Vieri then the Vieri of last season and Euro '04 ;).

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
Inter01 said:
As for our defence, with the exception of Javier Zanetti and possibly Cordoba, whoever starts, does not really make a difference. With the likes of Montella, Totti and Cassano expect havoc and forget about keeping a clean sheet.
lol! no defence on earth can grante you to keep the clean sheet against those!!

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Inter01 said:
Someone suggested Coco as a starter at left back. I watched him start against Parma and he was a nightmare. Some might say he has not really been given a chance to establish himself but at times like these Inter can not afford to just give players a run. We are at a vital stage in the season and Coco is not up to the task and nor is Favalli for that matter. And lastly, just a final thought on our left back position, Pasquale should not have been loaned out.

As for Vieri, why is everyone saying he is back in form or back to the player of old? I think that is bit of an overstatement. He scored from a penalty and about the most he does is hold up the ball and get fouled which allows Mihajlovic to take threatening free kicks. Where's the Vieri that used to hit crackers from outside the box? Where's the Vieri that used to shoot from any angle or bury headers when given the right pass? Not sure what you guys remember of the Vieri of old, but I do not think he is back to his best.
Pasquale was worse then worst Coco or Favalli. And Coco's only mistake was whern he almost gave away the penalty otherwise, he's done alright.

As for Vieri, you obviously haven't seen the Palermo game.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts