Xtratime Community banner

Inter prepare Veron bid

507 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Mohaned 
#1 ·
Inter prepare Veron bid Thursday 8 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have renewed their interest in signing Chelsea’s Juan Sebastian Veron, according to reports.

The Nerazzurri have tried on numerous occasions to net the Argentine in the past while he was at Lazio and then Manchester United.

The silky midfielder is liked by owner Massimo Moratti and the club are set to make a new bid over the summer.

Reports in Italy on Thursday allege that contact between the two clubs has already taken place.

It is believed that the Italian outfit have tabled a £9m offer for the international who has had an injury hit campaign.

Veron hasn’t appeared for Chelsea since before Christmas due to a back injury. The London outfit have coped with his absence, which has increased speculation that he could be sold.

Veron would welcome a return to Serie A after never really settling to the Premiership during his three years in England.

Meanwhile, Inter are still keeping an eye on Empoli ace Antonio Di Natale who will be sold at the end of term.

The Italian international is set to join Palermo but both Inter and Samp are pondering late bids for the attacker.

channel4

See less See more
#4 ·
what i don't get is what the hell would Zac wanna do with Veron ???? i mean how does he plan to play Veron, Emre and Stankovic in the same team unless he wants to switch to a 4312 ?????

For me OUT:
VDM, Cruz, Helveg, Okan, Lamouchi

IN: Daniel Alaves, Aimar, Mexes

Switch to a 4312 for me.

#5 ·
Mohaned said:
what i don't get is what the hell would Zac wanna do with Veron ???? i mean how does he plan to play Veron, Emre and Stankovic in the same team unless he wants to switch to a 4312 ?????

For me OUT:

Switch to a 4312 for me.
For me:

OUT: Lamouchi, Okan, Cruz, Helveg, kallon
OUT: Coco, Brechet
IN: Stable CB/LB
IN: One playmaker

#6 ·
Mohaned said:

For me OUT:

Switch to a 4312 for me.
Daniel Alves is a very cool guy, I've met him before. He's an excellent player but he's a rightback so why would you be interested in him? isn't Zanetti in that role?

#10 ·
Patrick said:
Daniel Alves is a very cool guy, I've met him before. He's an excellent player but he's a rightback so why would you be interested in him? isn't Zanetti in that role?
I want Daniel coz if i had things my way i want Inter to switch to a 4312 .. with Aimar/Deco as a playmaker and Stankovic and Emre on the left and right of C.Zanetti. Daniel will be J.Zanetti sub, but the way i want it is that J.Zanetti steps into the midfield as soon as Stankovic is injured or when ever Stankovic take Emre's or Aimar's place. Therefore, J.Zanetti would probably get atleast 15 matches in the midfield, thus, allowing Daniel to play as a right back add to that the Coppa italia matches, Daniel would probably play around 20 matches in his first season.

With all that said, Daniel is the last guy on my list, i would get Aimar and Mexes or Ferrari then if Nossa is good enough to be a decent backup then i might just forget about Daniel.

As for Veron being worthless, well i don't know about that. The guy is probably the best passer in the europe, but the point is i don't see how Zac coud fit him in.

#11 ·
Depends how much they were willing to spend on him.

Hasn't done too much in the EPL (an on-off sort of player), so nothing to get excited about IMO.

#13 ·
9 million pounds for Veron is too much. Especially given the fact that he has been injured since December and has failed miserably in the Premiership. It would not surprise me if Moratti made such a ridiculous purchase for a player who is past his best, tends to be rather injury prone and can not make the cut in the Premier League. But of course, with Stankovic, Almeyda, Cristiano Zanetti, Karagounis, Emre and Farinos, we can most definitely find the space to accomodate Veron in our midfield.

Can't Moratti see that Veron has done close to nothing since leaving Italy? If he arrives at Inter, I will be utterly disgusted.

#14 ·
Chelsea (ABU!!) don't care money, not to say only 9million.. So maybe Abu and Moratti will have some interchange deals. Maybe we can imagine Crespo's back and I don't see he is happy in Blue.

Veron + Crespo <=> VDM + Kallon

Why VDM, my opinion is: If Zac stays next season, VDM seldom has chances, and this perhaps ruin his career. It's not what we want to see. Kallon, maybe the same reason

#15 ·
Josh i agree with u about the whole they don't care about money, i mean we would probably get Veron for less then that ... but my point is what would Zac wanna do with Veron ?? where is he gonna play him ? ... as for Crespo well i thought that was a wrong buy from the begining and thus, i would'nt want Moratti making the same mistake twice !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.