Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blanc was absolutely stable in defence once again, well, what's new? I felt happy for him, since he missed the last World Cup final match due to suspension. It will be great for him to end his international carrer with a European Cup triumph. Di Biagio put in a credible performance throughout the tournament. He is the ironman in midfield. Today, I remember his jostling the ball off players so many times, once getting the ball from Zidane. But in the final match, he sort of got disoriented on a couple of occasions and were a bit lost in midfield. That is why I think Zoff substitute him out later.
Del Piero was horrible in missing 2 chances, which could have sealed Italy's victory. I cannot help but think that if only Roberto Baggio was there, he would have scored!
The winner was scored by a Frenchman who would be going to Juventus next season. Now there is more reason for me to dislike Juventus (haha)..........the Del Piero misses definitely help too........(hehe)...............

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
The reason why Di Biagio was substituted was his yellow card. Zoff didn´t want to risk anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts