1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carson35 said:
MORATTI: "SPEZIA? OBJECTIVE SERIE B"
Monday, 22 November 2004 00:30:02
MILAN - After the Nerazzurri's domestic cup win at home to Bologna , Massimo Moratti was asked to comment on Inter becoming majority shareholder of Spezia Calcio .

"It's not something we have just done out of niceness. We want to give concrete help to this club so it can achieve promotion to the Serie B."
I saw this in the Bologna thread. so now the question is, how would this work? can they play in the same division? should they be alowed to do that at all? If they would meet in Copa Italia would there be some conflict of interests? Yes and where is Spezia? ;)

As I know a president may not own two teams in the same division, but are there any rules at all about a team owning another team? Personally I can see a lot of problems emerging from this if they reach a position where they can meet and Inter should in that case be prepared for some accusations.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
When Spezia is gonna have some chances of meeting Inter in the future... they just need to hire a good accounting firm to sort out the documentation. MM can sell his part off to a 'company' or a person... where in actual, its still his.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Heh.. Looks like some ppl are keenly waiting for the first opportunity to start accusing. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I think its a good idea. Maybe Inter's youngsters will be loaned out to Spezia, be given time to show their worth and have Inter monitor their progress. I am not saying that is not happening right now when our players go to other Serie A/Serie B clubs but I believe this is better as Inter and Spezia will be working together and as long as we do not meet them, we will not have Inter players working for other teams and possibly harming our efforts in the championship or Coppa.

The only problem is that depending on the division the team is in will have a great impact on whether promising young Inter players will really want to play there or find themselves a place at a small Serie A club or in Serie B. Although, having said this, it is possible that the controversy and accussations that may follow if the teams are allowed to meet would outweigh the aforementioned benefits.

·
Registered
13,896 Posts
This sort of thing should be always avoided. But I think it's quite usual. For instance, you have an "Atlético de Madrid B" playing in spanish second division, and I guess they're both owned by Atlético.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inter01 said:
I think its a good idea. Maybe Inter's youngsters will be loaned out to Spezia, be given time to show their worth and have Inter monitor their progress.
But you don't need to buy a club for that. Milan had a long colloberation with Monza where many of our youths was sent (albertini for example). It could of course be beneficial for you as all their youths would be in your control...

·
Registered
329 Posts
JKris said:
But you don't need to buy a club for that. Milan had a long colloberation with Monza where many of our youths was sent (albertini for example). It could of course be beneficial for you as all their youths would be in your control...
Albertini was lent for Monza? When??

Maybe you meant Padova? ;)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ALBERTINI4ever said:
Albertini was lent for Monza? When??

Maybe you meant Padova? ;)
Maybe it was, I didn't follow serie A that closely back then... Anyway many of our youths went there.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Technically speaking the setup is likely legal, but it is very questionable whether or not it is in line with the intentions of the FIFA and UEFA rules.

Personally I don't care. I hope both Moratti teams make it to Serie B next season ;)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
barracuda said:
Personally I don't care. I hope both Moratti teams make it to Serie B next season ;)

Pity not all teams played in that league... dissapointing isnt it.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Inter01 said:
Maybe Inter's youngsters will be loaned out to Spezia, be given time to show their worth and have Inter monitor their progress.
Inter loaned out their two Macedonian youngsters to Spezia,
Goran Pandev - currently is co-owned by Lazio and Inter, but plays at Lazio :D
Aco Stojkov - loaned to Fidelis Andria :(

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The FIFA President said:
i think this is really unfair for other teams
Juventus also own a lower division Italian club but I do not remember the name so Inter owning one also is fair. Maybe AC Milan also owns a club aswell :rollani:
In my opinion its stupid, why buy a club just to loan players when you can loan players without having to buy the club!!!

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Adriano10 said:
Pity not all teams played in that league... dissapointing isnt it.
Touchee! :) But at least Inter is working hard at it this year.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
VINCENZO LIOCE TO REF NOVARA V SPEZIA
Wednesday, 24 November 2004 15:01:47
MILAN - Sunday's Serie C1 Division A Week 12 match between Novara and Spezia (kick-off at 14:30) will be refereed by Vincenzo Lioce (Molfetta).

=============

SPEZIA THROUGH TO SERIE C CUP LAST 16
Wednesday, 24 November 2004 20:45:22
SPEZIA - Spezia Calcio beat Serie C2 side Castelnuovo Garfagnana 3-0 on Wednesday to qualify for the last sixteen of the Serie C Coppa Italia. Ligori, Alessi and Scalzo scored the goals for Spezia, who face Lucchese in the next round.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
SPEZIA AWAY TO NOVARA ON SUNDAY
Friday, 26 November 2004 12:02:22
LA SPEZIA - After qualifying for the last sixteen of the Serie C Coppa Italia in the week, Spezia Calcio are back in Serie C1 championship action this Sunday with a match away to Novara. The Week 12 clash at the Silvio Piola Stadium kicks off at 14:30.

Spezia are currently third in the table with 19 points (6 wins, a draw and 3 defeats) and have a positive goal difference with 18 goals scored and 13 conceded. Head coach Alessandrini will have to do without injured left-back Roberto Corradi for the tricky away match, to be refereed by Tiziano Lioce (Molfetta). But Spezia will be able to count on good away support, with lots of fans expected to make the trip.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
SPEZIA HELD BY NOVARA
Sunday, 28 November 2004 17:07:32
NOVARA - After resting in last week's round of the Serie C1 championship, Spezia Calcio drew 3-3 with Novara at the Silvio Piola Stadium. Over 300 Spezia fans made the trip to Lombardy and displayed a banner with the words 'Welcome president Paolillo'. Spezia led 3-2 until injury time at the end of the second half, when Ciuffetelli's twenty-yard strike found the top corner to earn a point for the home side.

NOVARA 3-3 SPEZIA

Scorers: Polenghi 10, Coti (pen) 11, 57, Pinamonte (o.g.) 13, Bordin 15, Ciuffetelli 90+1

NOVARA: Franzese, Polenghi, Colombini (Cusaro 46), Braiati (Cantone 69), Cioffi, Ciuffetelli, Leto Colombo, Agazzone, Pinamonte, Rubino, Liendo
Coach: Venturini

SPEZIA: Rubini, Lizzori, Fabiano, Bruni, Bordin, Tricarico, Matteassi (Rizzo 89), Coti, Veronese, Anaclerio (Napolitano 70), Guidetti (Alessi 83)
Coach: Alessandrini

Referee: Lioce (Molfetta)

==============

SERIE C1 DIVISION A RESULTS & STANDINGS
Sunday, 28 November 2004 19:26:38
MILAN - Serie C1 Division 1 results and standings after Week 12:

Cremonese v Pro Patria (Monday 28 November)
Grosseto-Como 4-2
Lumezzane v Lucchese 1-1
Mantova v Frosinone 1-0
Novara v Spezia 3-3
Pisa v Acireale 2-2
Sangiovannese v Fidelis Andria 3-0
Sassari Torres v Prato 4-0
Vittoria v Pavia 1-1
Rest: Pistoiese

Standings: Cremonese 30; Pavia 26; Mantova, Spezia 20; Grosseto 18; Frosinone 16; Sassari Torres, Sangiovannese, Pistoiese 15; Pisa, Novara, Lucchese, Pro Patria 14; Acireale 12; Vittoria 11; Lumezzane 10; Como 9; Fidelis Andria 8; Prato 7
Cremonese, Pro Patria: one match less played

Next round (5 December): Acireale v Grosseto
Fidelis Andria v Pistoiese
Frosinone v Vittoria
Lucchese v Pisa
Novara v Cremonese
Pavia v Como (Saturday 4 December)
Prato-Mantova
Sassari Torres v Lumezzane
Spezia v Sangiovannese
Rest: Pro Patria

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
SPEZIA HOST SANGIOVANNESE THIS WEEKEND
Wednesday, 01 December 2004 11:53:04
LA SPEZIA - After last weekend's 3-3 draw at Novara, Spezia Calcio are back in training to prepare for their next Serie C1 Division A match at home to Sangiovannese on Sunday. The match at the Picco Stadium in La Spezia kicks off at 14:30CET and will be broadcast live on Raisport Sat.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
GAVA TO REFEREE SPEZIA V SANGIOVANNESE
Friday, 03 December 2004 16:11:04
MILAN - Sunday afternoon's Serie C1 Division A match between Spezia Calcio and Sangiovannese at the Stadio Picco in La Spezia (kick-off at 14:00, live on Raisport Sat), will be refereed by Gabriele Gava (Conegliano Veneto), who will be assisted by linesmen Fabrizio Surace (Michelino) and Mauro Bertocchi (Rovereto).

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
SPEZIA 3 SANGIOVANNESE 1
Sunday, 05 December 2004 17:13:37
LA SPEZIA - Spezia Calcio beat Sangiovannese 3-1 in Sunday afternoon's Serie C1 Division A match at the Picco Stadium. The home side took a 34th-minute lead through Matteassi, then striker Guidetti added a brace of goals early in the second half. Scugugia pulled a goal back ten minutes from time to give Sangiovannese a glimmer of hope, but Spezia held on for victory despite finishing the match in ten men after Anaclerio suffered an injury.

inter.it

1 - 20 of 85 Posts