Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Inter have offered Manchester United the chance to sign Brazilian superstar Ronaldo.

The 25-year old has been troubled with injuries and missed the entire 2000/2001 season. He made his comeback in the last few weeks of this season, and scored seven goals in ten matches.

Rumours has it that United are not willing to purchase Ronaldo, but take him on loan for a year.

Barcelona are also interested in signing him.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Inter is stupid if they let go of Ronaldo. He's an amazing player.

And United is stupid if they don't sign him if they've got the chance. Ronaldo and Ruud would be the best striker-force in the world, and with Solskjær as a sub, United would have be more than prepared to take back the league title.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just read this and was about to post it.

Fergie should be locked up if he doesn't take advantage of this chance.

Also, anybody see that United is likely to get Ayala from Valencia?

·
International
9,526 Posts
No way! Ronaldo is a basket case. He can't handle the pressure.
Plus the guy's prone to an injury at any moment. Get some one who has the personality and mentality to perform consistently, and the physiology to keep away from injuries.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
Plus the guy's prone to an injury at any moment. Get some one who has the personality and mentality to perform consistently, and the physiology to keep away from injuries.
Ruud doesn't even have those qualities.

lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
Ruud doesn't even have those qualities.

lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Lads, that is PURE RUBBISH!!!

Moratti very recently declared nobody an "incedibile" which means that such a player wouldn't be sold at any price.

That being said, last summer Juventus tried forever to sign Vieri, Moratti held his gorund with outrageous demands, Trezeguet and tons of $$, Vieri had probably the best goals/game in all of Europe, and Trezeguet led the league.

Ronaldo has been getting paid the last few years for rehabbing his knee and getting back to form. He had nice games this years and almost helped Inter to its 14th Scudetto. Consequently, mark my words, I guarantee you Moratti WILL get his money's worth from Mr. Ronaldo. Ronaldo his signed until the 2007 season, and he isn't getting a raise, considering the infinite amount of loyalty and trust Moratti and all the Inter fans have shown him through the last few years. So, he better respond with the 25 goal serie A campaign everybody knows he is capable of, next year.
So unless Beckham, Gyggs, Sylvestre and the rights to the colt "War Emblem" after he wins the Triple Crown, Ronaldo won't leave Inter for a long while.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
"So unless Beckham, Gyggs, Sylvestre and the rights to the colt "War Emblem" after he wins the Triple Crown, Ronaldo won't leave Inter for a long while."

Carmelo no offense, but Ronaldo in his current state (injury prone, noone knows whether he'll remain fit for a whole season, etc etc) has a market value of Beckham's LEFT leg. Right leg should be a bit more pricy hehe ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
KYO have you ever heard of SARCASM ???
HINT: if including a 3 year old colt in the deal, didn't give away the fact that it was a joke, you need to get a life!!!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Fred Elliot, i think saying that Ronaldo can't handle the pressure and he's inconsistant is abit silly.

Ronaldo has 0.93 goals per game for his career. Not bad conisdering half his caeer has been in italy and spain.

He is injury prone, but when fit and playing, he is up there with worlds best, and his history proves that.

Kyo, Becks would be expensive, but Ronaldo wouldn't be too far behind, even after a horrible run of injuries these past 3 seasons.

he is only 25 years of age, which seems amazing considering how long he has been around for and how much personal achievement he has had.

And one more thing, if Ronaldo plays this world cup, expect his price tag to shoot passed Zidanes world record fee.

Remember, Ronaldo was the worlds best for years, and now that he seems fit again, he will be crowned the best again.

Man U should try to sign him before the WC to save at least 20 million or a couple of players.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just don't think it'd make sense for Inter to let Ronaldo go on loan... why would they? If he's unsettled it'd make much more sense to cash in, rather than let him swan off to Man U for a season and come back still disillusioned with Italian football maybe... and presumably Fergie wouldn't be willing to spend the sort of money he'd need to actually BUY Ronaldo off Inter, as that money is needed much more in rebuilding Man U's defence...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Inter striker Ronaldo says he would love to play for Arsenal or Manchester United in the English Premiership.

"I don't think I would have any problems at all playing in England," the Brazilian said.

"I would love it. I like Arsenal a lot. And Manchester United. Those are two that I like."

I would love to see Ronaldo come to the Premiership, it woul be good for English football and the profile of the Premiership, however I would prefer if he joined Arsenal than Man U and if he wants to win things I think he will join Arsenal. He doesn't want to end up like a Van Nistellrooy, scoring all those goals for nothng.

;)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Carmelo16 said:
KYO have you ever heard of SARCASM ???
HINT: if including a 3 year old colt in the deal, didn't give away the fact that it was a joke, you need to get a life!!!
I returned sarcasm with sarcasm. Wasn't that obvious? You need to get a life!!! ROFLMAO.

·
International
9,526 Posts
CUG said:
Fred Elliot, i think saying that Ronaldo can't handle the pressure and he's inconsistant is abit silly.

and how many games has he managed to play in since he's been in Italy over the last few years? and also, one small detail, how many trophies has he led them to my dear CUG....;)
I don't think he's the man for United. I want someone who can handle the pressure and the vigours of the premiership.

·
Registered
775 Posts
So is he coming?
Soemtimes

Yes

No

he Would

So what?

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
, how many trophies has he led them to my dear CUG....;)
4 seasons ago inter JUST lost out on the scudetto by some unfair play by juventus...by then ronaldo had established himself as a firm favourate with the fans, and if inter had won it ronaldo would have played an enormous role in the achievement....

i agree hes injury prone, but when ronaldo plays ure bound to see some goals, and when hes good, he is extremely good.

for fergie to splash out god knows how many millions on a very risky investment such as ronaldo, i agree that the situation requires a lot of thinking. but to get the opportunty to have ronald on loan for a season, it cannot be wasted.

if there is gonna be a bid for him, now is the time, before he graces the world cup leading to a soar in his price tag

would i want to see ronaldo in a Man United shirt?

ANYDAY!!!!

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Isn't it pretty obvious that this will never happen.:rollani::rollani:

R9 will ply his trade in Inter for some time to come and which weirdo would let go off such a player on loan.Its just media BS.

I do hope however that we get another striker before next season.:)

·
International
8,545 Posts
I don't know if it can be said that Ronaldo can't handle the pressure. Personally, i don't think it can be expected of a striker to lead a team to a championship because the striker only scores goals. It's more the midfield and the playmakers that really "lead" a team to titles because they're the brains behind the team, at least they should be IMO.

Ronaldo's only problem as I see it is the fact that he's injury prone as we all know. It'd be a risk for ManU to buy him and it would depend on how much he would cost in order to decide whether or not he's worth the risk.

Asking for him on loan for a year is smart, but I don't think Inter would go for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts