Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great team in the making. When you got Toldo in front of the goal, Recoba on the left, Zanetti and Conceicao on the right which means enough spaces are created the strikers to score. And who are the strikers? Italy's best Vieri and a superstar named Ronaldo. In the midfield, there are ball winners like DiBiaggio and C.Zanetti to provide the shield while in front of the goal there is the big Materzzi and pacey Codorba (the team had not coceaded a goal for 3 matches since Materazzi back to the line up).
Kallon, Emre, Dalmat and Farinos all 22 or under but were impressive in through out the year to give the team more depth. Even the on loan Adriano keep scoring for Fiorentina and could be a useful squard player in the near future

If the team get a better left back and buy a couple of useful central defenders to build up the depth on defense, the team can go pretty far next year in CL.
And if you look at the age of the players, only DiBiagio in the starting lineup is over 30, while all other players in the starting line up are between 23-28. The team has a stable backbone to remain a force in Serie A and even in Europe in next 2-3 years.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I hope so. Although Inter have proven that they are raising, and is not a lie. They are the Real Deal, which was a question in a Topic some time ago. With Cuper and Morattis LOVE, this team have the cabilities to reach the top of the world in near time.

The players are like you said, mostly young and with right player/players coming in for summer the team can grow even more in some places.

On the other hand we have players that are capable to be "optimal" in all spaces.

I must rush to school.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I definetely believe that Inter should be considered a HUGE team again because of performances,and not be the laughing stock that we have been these last years.However,I think it´s still too early to predict that we will be number one.That´s when next season comes in.That´s the season where we will show the world of what we are capable of.This season has always been considered a warm up season for us,and the fact that we are leading when we are just warming up,shows some huge signs of what is next to come.I won´t be too dissapointed this season,if we don´t win the Scudetto,but definetely next season.That´s when Cuper knows Inter and what kind of players he wants,and then we should see some real Inter magic.We still lack a lot and some things that can be improved.We are far from perfect,and that´s what we are building this season on.For Cuper to see what players he should choose and the tactics and so far it has worked and if he continues with the same philosophy then we should next season kick some even more butts. :strong:

I wanna keep a humble and laid pack attitude towards this years Inter,as I don´t wanna get some major hopes and then if it fails,become really dissapointed.Arrogance is not something I support either,as I´ve had it with other teams fans come to this forum and write about how much we sucks and their team rules.That´s why I´m keeping my feets on the ground,and refuse to become arrogant when it comes to my own team and others team,as it has been one of the things that has gotten on my nerves these two years on Xtratime,when it comes to other teams fans.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
i'll have to agree more with the statement "in the making", you know why? because we are not quite there yet.

Listen, with our caliber, players, experience, and finatial status we should have been in the top 5 teams in the world. But our bad investments had ruin everything and just recently we are back in the legion "giant teams".

If you ask me, a great giant team is a team that are great all around with great defense, great midfield and great strikers linking with each other in the most harmonic way. They can set the rythem, tempo, dynamic and others as a team.

Sure we do that sometimes, but it is quite evident that we always now depend on players like ronaldo or vieri to make that winning composure.

i dont want to be sound sour because the team was playing good against parma, but if it wasn't for vieri's last goal, we would have won by a own goal from sensini, which, parma would have been able to steal the 2 points from us.

To me, giant teams would never get into trouble like losing at the last minute, because they would always be in command, for me, inter won't be able to do that in the Champions League.

Look at Juve, yes, unlucky in the CL, but obviously now picked up their heads and start winning like crazy. You see, looking at their results you would just know they are friggin champions.

Inter has yet to do that, but we are definately getting there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts