Xtratime Community banner
1341 - 1360 of 1375 Posts

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
My boy Vecino with an assist for Uruguay against Peru. More of a steal/win back than a pass but still counts of course

·
Registered
66,328 Posts

Slovakia 0-1 Croatia

Late Brozovic volley wins it.

Che gol...

• Love
Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
66,328 Posts

Calhanoglu assisted and scored for Turkey at Gibraltar

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Thankfully Dzeko was left out from Bosnia's friendly against Kuwait like I wished.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,087 Posts
Is Sensi injured again? He was called up for the Italy squad wasn't he? But he hasn't even been on the bench in the games against Bulgaria and Switzerland.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Dunno, I haven't read about him being injured but if Mancini doesn't even consider him good enough for the bench perhaps he shouldn't have picked him. Anyhow with Pellegrini and Verratti leaving the Azzurri camp then Sensi should surely make the bench against Lithuania at least.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Bastoni and Sensi expected to start against Lithuania

Probable line-up

Italy (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Calabria, Acerbi, Bastoni, Biraghi; Pessina, Sensi, Locatelli; Chiesa, Raspadori, Bernardeschi

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
Bernardeschi again LOL

How does that 🤡 manage to play for both Italy and Juve

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
Sensi in trouble for pulling a sickie....

I personally couldn't care less as long as he is fit and plays well on Sunday

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
It's absolutely mental that there is CONMEBOL Qualifiers today. 36 hours prior to club football resuming. Who schedules these matches? Ridiculous. No South American international will play for their club this weekend.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Good news that Barella was left out of the Lithuania game.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
ITALY VS. SPAIN | DIMARCO CALLED UP TO REPLACE PESSINA IN AZZURRI SQUAD
Federico-Dimarco-celebrates-Inter.jpg

Italy CT Roberto Mancini has decided to bring Inter full-back Federico Dimarco to replace Matteo Pessina among the 23 players in the squad for the UEFA Nations League.

The FIGC has sent UEFA the documents relating to the unavailability of the Atalanta midfielder and a request to replace him with the Inter player.

Mancini overlooked Milan midfielder Sandro Tonali, who was expected to take Pessina’s place in the squad, has decided to go with Dimarco – who has played nine times for Inter under Simone Inzaghi, after returning from a stint on loan at Hellas Verona.

The 23-year-old has never played for the Azzurri, but arrives after several appearances with the Azzurrini and the national team’s different age groups.

Dimarco has played 10 times with the U21 side, and has appeared 67 times from U15 to U20.

On Wednesday, the national team will face Spain at San Siro in the semi-final of the UEFA Nations League.

---

Another international player is not good for us but at least this is good for Dimarco's confidence. Don't quite understand replacing an injured midfielder with a fullback/wingback though...

·
Registered
66,328 Posts

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Although this is bad for us in terms of our chances against Lazio, this is good in another way as I wanted some players rested against Lazio to be fresh for the more important Sheriff match. No way will Inzaghi field Vidal, Vecino, Sanchez, Correa or Lautaro against Lazio on Saturday when they have games late Thursday night (first hours of Friday morning..) followed by long distance travelling. We can manage in midfield without the South Americans but attack is certainly a problem minus Sanchez, Lautaro and Correa... I would go with Dzeko-Perisic upfront at Olimpico. Satriano starting a match like that doesn't seem wise.

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
COVID-era international football is a fiasco.

From this mind-numbingly stupid Nations League idiocy to 3 SA qualifiers in 10 days, it is really an unbelievable sh*t show. It's clear now that as a successful club team you either need 2 complete starting 11s with very heavy rotation or loads of good players who for some reason don't play for their country.

Inter actually does have a 2nd starting 11 (Radu, D'Ambro, Rannochia, Kolarov, Darmian, Galgiardini, Vidal, Vecino, Dimarco, Sanchez, Satriano) but Inzaghi doesn't trust the non-internationals (i.e. the 3 CBs) and 3 of those players are starters for their NT.

But I agree with Ahmed. Inzaghi needs to start using the actual depth he has, regardless of whether there's a bit of a drop-off in quality. Otherwise the De Vrij errors against Sass or Bastoni's generally poor performances of late will become the norm.

·
Registered
18,952 Posts
I would go with Dzeko-Perisic upfront at Olimpico. Satriano starting a match like that doesn't seem wise.
Perisic will also be extremely tired. I'd say give Lautaro and Dzeko the first 60 mins or so then bring on Correa and Sanchez/Satriano.

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Perisic only has a couple of games with Croatia and will arrive before the South Americans, though.

1341 - 1360 of 1375 Posts