Registered
57,648 Posts
Vecino scored for Uruguay against South Korea

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Asamoah returns to Italy ahead of Milan derby

Asamoah was in Ghana for the botched AFCON qualifier with Sierra Leone

Ghana star Kwadwo Asamoah has returned to Italy and is expected to start training tomorrow ahead of Inter Milan's clash with AC Milan next week Sunday.

Asamoah was invited for the Black Stars' doubleheader 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Sierra Leone.

However, after the games were called off by CAF due to a Fifa suspension on Sierra Leone FA, he has made a quick return to Milan.

ADVERTISEMENT

He did not feature in the unofficial friendly match against Asante Kotoko on Friday.

The 29-year-old has made a strong start to his Inter career. He has played in all nine matches thus far this season with a goal to his name.

Source: GHANAsoccernet.com

---

Good news.

He didn't score yet for us though. I guess the dude who wrote this is not aware that VAR cancelled Asamoah's goal v Samp :D

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Miranda scored in Brazil's 1-0 friendly win against Argentina. Goal came late from a header.

Miranda has only scored once for Inter before, against Samp in 15-16. Was also a header.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Inter: Asamoah leaves Ghana duty
Football Italia

Inter are sweating over the fitness of Kwadwo Asamoah after the left-back pulled out of Ghana duty with a knee injury.

Asamoah had been called up for Ghana’s upcoming Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Ethiopia, but the 29-year-old sustained a knee problem after Inter’s 4-1 defeat to Atalanta on Sunday.

“Kwadwo Asamoah has been ruled out of the Ghana versus Ethiopia game due to recurrent knee injury,” read a statement released by his country’s FA.

“The Inter midfielder suffered a swollen knee after their defeat away to Atalanta over the weekend.

“Asamoah would not be available for Ghana's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Ethiopia in Addis Ababa.

“According to officials of Inter, Asamoah's condition has been intermittent and there is the need to seek urgent medical attention.”

The former Juventus man has been a first-team regular for the Nerazzurri since arriving over the summer, starting 13 games out of a possible 17 in Serie A and the Champions League.

---

In any case Dalbert should start v Frosinone

As for Spurs, if Asamoah misses out then DD and Vrsaljko will be the fullbacks. If Vrsaljko gets injured on international duty then I guess we will see Skriniar as a fullback, like the first Spurs game

Asamoah has overall been rather average for us.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Asamoah has overall been rather average for us.
I think he'll be good once he's used more sparingly. Spaletti has to bite the bullet and put faith in Dalbert on a very regular basis - I can't see any other way of getting through the season.

Asamoah's about to turn 30 and plays in a very demanding position. One game per week is surely enough for him.

It's just a pity Dalbert isn't in the CL squad. That said. I doubt there are more than 4 CL games left in our season, maximum 6.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts

Hopefully Lautaro will start v Frosinone.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Senegal lose Keita over email error
Football Italia

In a bizarre story, Inter striker Keita Balde Diao failed to attend international duty because the Senegal FA used the wrong email.

The forward was originally named in the list of players called up for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Equatorial Guinea on November 17.

However, his club was never informed because Senegal Federation Vice-President Abdoulaye Sow confessed they sent it to the wrong Inter email.

Federation President Augustin Senghor asked to get the player, but as it was after the deadline, Inter were able to refuse.

Born in Spain to Senegalese parents, Keita has 23 caps and four goals.

---

Unprofessional from their FA.. Senegal already qualified to the ACN though so doesn't matter much for them.

It will be played in the summer btw as not to interfere with the regular season of European clubs (used to be played from Jan to Feb)

·
Registered
57,648 Posts

An Inter player assisting an Inter player. Nice. :)

Should serve as a morale booster for both. Especially as they came off the bench and decided the game.

This Italy v USA friendly reminded me with Pulsar. I wonder what is he doing nowadays..

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Politano: 'An unforgettable evening'
Football Italia

Matteo Politano had “an unforgettable evening” after scoring the last-gasp winner over the USA, his first goal for Italy.

The Inter forward came off the bench and found the back of the net at the 94th minute of the friendly in Genk.

“It’s an unforgettable evening, I am so happy for the goal and the victory. We dominated the game, but struggled to break through and fortunately we got there in the end,” he told Rai Sport.

“We’ve been a little unlucky, but must continue with this style of football, because we are creating so many chances and eventually we will score more of them.

“It’s up to me to be ready when called upon so that I can deliver when needed, both for Italy and Inter.

“The group unity is our strength and we never gave in, pushing hard until the end.”

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Icardi scored his first goal for Argentina (against Mexico in a friendly)

Well taken goal.

Bravo Maurito :)

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Icardi hails Argentina 'union'
Football Italia

Inter striker Mauro Icardi claims ‘there’s an atmosphere in the Argentina camp like never before’ after scoring his first international goal.

Icardi finally opened his account for Argentina during Tuesday’s 2-0 win against Mexico, and the Inter captain hailed the sense of ‘union’ instilled by caretaker Lionel Scaloni and his assistants.

“I’d lacked a goal, I was waiting for it and now I’m happy,” he said after the game.

“It’s not easy to go without scoring. It creates a lot of chatter, but now I hope to keep going like this.

“We’re a really great group, we can grow a lot and we’re happy with the work of Leo [Scaloni], Walter [Samuel] and Pablo [Aimar].

“Of course it’ll be the federation which decides their future but I can say that right now, there’s an atmosphere in the national team like never before

“Now we all feel comfortable and something very important is being built. I’d worked under the previous management, but I’ve never seen the friendship and union that exists between us now.

“Messi? He’s the best player in the world and we all hope he comes back with us, especially with the Copa America coming up.”

---

Hopefully we will see a Brazil v Argentina final this summer in Brazil in the Copa America. That would be cool. :)

·
Registered
15,441 Posts

·
Registered
57,648 Posts

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Nice goal by Pinamonti in the U20 WC against Ecuador

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Pinamonti, Lautaro and Perisic all scoring on international duty.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts

Lautaro wearing #22 like a certain Principe :heart:

Well taken first goal.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
The 'assist' of Perisic against Wales in Euro 2020 qualification

The goal

Wales obviously can't defend based on that match, at least..

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Italy: Pinamonti out of U21 Euros
Football Italia

Inter and Italy striker Andrea Pinamonti has been ruled out of the European Under-21 Championship with a knee injury.

Replacing Pinamonti in the Azzurrini squad for the competition is Padova forward Federico Bonazzoli.

It serves as a blow to Luigi Di Biagio’s side as the 20-year-old scored four goals during Italy’s run to the U-20 World Cup semi-finals.

La Nazionale get their Euro U21 campaign under way against Spain on Sunday evening.

---

Get well soon, Pinamonti

Bonazzoli is another Inter youth product.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Vecino out of the Copa America
Football Italia
3 Days Ago

Inter midfielder Matias Vecino has been ruled out of Uruguay’s Copa America squad with a thigh injury.

Uruguay beat Ecuador 4-0 in their opening game of the tournament on Sunday night, and Vecino was forced off with around 10 minutes remaining.

The Uruguayan Football Federation stated on their official website that the midfielder was diagnosed with a muscular lesion to his right thigh and will miss out on the rest of the competition.

The 27-year-old has won 34 caps for his country and will be sorely missed, as Coach Oscar Tabarez considers him a vital cog in his engine room, starting him in every game of the 2018 World Cup.

---

Get well soon Vecino.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Keita Balde scored for Senegal against Tanzania in the African Nations Cup held in Egypt. He is the first Serie A based player to score in the tournament. Senegal are one of the favourites to win the trophy.

Lautaro Martinez scored against Qatar in the Copa America. A poacher's goal. It was quite important too because a draw or a loss would have meant that Argentina would finish bottom of the group and out of the Copa from the first round.

1121 - 1140 of 1165 Posts