Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe with the number of argentinians who can play, it is more or less like an international friendly.
maybe be more than that as many believe friendly are meaningless, esp if one loses.

anyway it will be a good chance to watch those playing who will be going like riquelme, sorin, sameul, cambiasso etc
and others who are fighting for a plce zanetti, cruz, kily etc.

i think the most important player will be veron. he is not going to the world cup, but chances are he will be the best player on the pitch.

i hope this match is showed in argentina so all those anti inter argentinians can see howe good theit arg players are.

it will be good 2 c sorin back, hopefully he ready.
obviously veron and cambiassio vs riquelme.
watch how 4ward cabiasso gets.

the most important thing i seen is that adriano dropped for cruz.
adriano wud prob start for argetnina.

hope kily plays, figo injured but cesar might come in for figo.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure but from what i gather. pekerman will pay more attention to the 2nd leg than the 1st.

i get the feeling he wants villareal to do well so he can say he is right about certian inter players.

the translation is not very good, but i would be grateful if someone could translate the page on ole.clarin which shows veron vs riquelme.

its says something about pekerman watching 1st match and 2nd matc differently, like watching one match live, or highlights, or in the staduim.

also there is a good interview with zanetti on that page.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ampersand said:
riquelme >>>> veron
lol

aimar completelty outshined riquelme when valencia played villareal
today veron will also outclass villareal, esp with his combination with cambiassio.

zanetti could play right wing or right back tonight, depending is cesar or kily play bon the left.

inter form dwwwwl
villa form wddddl

an a different topic

I think a great manager has the guts to take off their best player when they are playing badly. i cant see pekerman taking of riquelme if he is having a bad game and this could be costly.

after 2002 alot of ppl were wanting aimar to play as playmaker. he is the type of player who could od well at real or barcelona. riquelme can not.

·
Registered
114 Posts
dammage7 said:
lol

aimar completelty outshined riquelme when valencia played villareal
today veron will also outclass villareal, esp with his combination with cambiassio.

zanetti could play right wing or right back tonight, depending is cesar or kily play bon the left.

inter form dwwwwl
villa form wddddl

an a different topic

I think a great manager has the guts to take off their best player when they are playing badly. i cant see pekerman taking of riquelme if he is having a bad game and this could be costly.

after 2002 alot of ppl were wanting aimar to play as playmaker. he is the type of player who could od well at real or barcelona. riquelme can not.
Bro, you've made the mistake of becoming so pro-Veron (which is fine, I agree sometimes) and pro-Aimar (which I am, of course) that you've had to become anti-Riquelme (which is ridiculous). You're dwelling on one game (Villarreal against Valencia) ONE game where Roman was coming off an injury.
It's simple, if I was preparing for a big game, the first player I would pick is Riquelme. His record in big games is fantastic; from the World Club Cups with Boca to his performances against Brazil and England last year. I don't remember Veron bossing England like that.
Show some respect; it's Riquelme's time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh, and about not making it at a club like Real or Barca. Riquelme was THE MAN at Boca, one of the biggest clubs in the world. If you can handle the pressure of a superclassico you can handle the pressure anywhere.

·
Banned
503 Posts
dammage shut up about veron and shut up about kily.

they had their chance but it's over now.

we have got a new team with new players who DESERVE their chance.

get over it.

you boring bastard.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
1st of all i dont hate riquelme
i just think that veron deserved a chance to play under pekerman
i do think riquelme is better that veron in terms of standard, abut veron has been more consistent over the season..
and watching this game today being honest riquelme had a excellent gam where as veron did ok for inter.
obviously zanetti wasa th ebest player of the match and u will never see colocnni, or proper rb like ponzio and scaloni do that.
he reminded me of zanetti of 1998
sorin i thought had a poor game. and altho he is one of my fave players i dont think he is that good defender. i hope afte wc cufre is given a chance.
sorin got skinned 4 2nd goal. even heinze wud be a better option at lb with samuel cente back
i was happy with cambiasso as well a nd felt he did well in the build ups for inter.

overall excellent match 2 watch with some very good arg performances.

also i think ayala and zanetti are better leader and captain than sorin. still sorin came back from injury and hopefully he'l get better.

also i dont like how ole never praise players that pekerman will not pick. like zanetti, got no comment on his performance. eben lanacion say how riquelme team lost. thety never mention interplayers. what about zanetti and cambaisso
its true what ortega said that the media have slght control of the team

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Argentine players tonight:

Villarreal:

Gonzalo: He was very good tonight, held the defense against giant Adriano.

Sorin: The worst game ever for Sorin! Off form and absolutely not match fit. He should not have played tonight.

Roman: MOM for Villareal! I think Dammage7 should pay some respect to the master! He outshined your Veron and was 10 times better!

Inter:

Samuel: Slow as usual and I simply would not trust him to protect a box of rocks.

Cambiasso: Good, he was good tonight with some nice runs.

Zanetti: OUTSTANDING! He was simply awesome tonight. One of the best performances for El-Capitano. MOM for Inter tongiht even though he faded away a little bit in the second half.

Veron: COMPLETE SHIT! I just do not believe those who are crying for him to get a third chance in the NT! Simply TERRIBLE! He can not even hold a candle for Roman!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Guys I saw the game and i dont think Riquelme was better that Veron.
Riquelme was slow, never defends, allways walking on the field not running.
Veron defended very good.

I am talking only about today's game though.

I think for riquelme to be as his best, he needs 2 deffencive midfielders.
he never won a ball by himself today.he had the post and 2 or 3 neat passes and an oppen net.

I might be mistaken but that is what i saw it today.

Zanetti was excellent but the man who impressed me the most is Gonzalo Rodrigues..He is a pure class tackler , controlled adriano , help build the attack. simply magnificant.

Sorin had better days.
Cambiasso....we are lucky to have him near Riquelme in the Argentina NT.The guy won almost all the balls he challenged for, helped build the attack perfectly.

Killy...was reliable today.

SAmuel had a good game.

Where the hell is Solari..is he injured or what...

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
And thats the problem with Sorin, he always has good long runs, but most of the times he forgets that he is LB and not LM..

Guys, if you noticed both Inter goals came from crosses of Sorin's area.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Batigol9 said:
And thats the problem with Sorin, he always has good long runs, but most of the times he forgets that he is LB and not LM..

Guys, if you noticed both Inter goals came from crosses of Sorin's area.
sorin had one of his worst games ever.

he was left behind for the 1st goal, and was skinned in the 2nd goal.

also looking back veron was not that bad, and riqeulme was not that great. Lanacion actually thought riquelme started of slow and 2nd half was a better, and that veron was the other way.

i do think gonzalo is a good defender, but its 2 late4 world cup.

solari cant get in2 the sqaud, he behind cesar, stank, and kily.

cesar was poor, but for a left winger to be good, the left back must be good aswell.

that is why stankovic and zanetti played good, becuase they linked up unbelievably. the other side wome and cesar never.

the same can be said fore argentine recent poor form, the fullbacks never get forward(except zabetti and sorin). zanetti was great with delgado in copa, as was sorin with kily. its all about player understanding, that is what argentina dont have, just dont play as a team, rely 2 much on messi and riquelme.

·
Banned
503 Posts
riquelme completely outshone veron, even though veron has better players around him. gonzalo did good but made lots of mistakes, jumping into tackles and missing the ball, although he is one of my favourite players, for a while him and sorin needed to be more solid in defence. sorin is not a left-back in my pinion. samuel wasn't so bad. zanetti was magnificent. kily and cruz aren't good enough to get in the inter team, they certainly aren't good enough for wc 2006.

·
Registered
88 Posts
el rulo said:
riquelme completely outshone veron, even though veron has better players around him. gonzalo did good but made lots of mistakes, jumping into tackles and missing the ball, although he is one of my favourite players, for a while him and sorin needed to be more solid in defence. sorin is not a left-back in my pinion. samuel wasn't so bad. zanetti was magnificent. kily and cruz aren't good enough to get in the inter team, they certainly aren't good enough for wc 2006.
I watched the game last night, and have seen Veron a few times this season. I have to say that I don't think he's worthy of place in the World Cup starting XI, Argentina has to have better options than him or they won't get far.

Cambiasso is a fine player and should start in Germany.

·
Banned
503 Posts
of the inter players, cuchu, pupi and samuel should go to germany.

veron, kily, cruz, burdisso should watch it on tv.

i rate burdisso but don't see how there is room for him when we have samuel, milito, sorin and heinze, all of whom are left-footed defenders.

we need four right-footed defenders and these should be ayala, gonzalo, pupi and ponzio.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
actually the argentina media(who control national team) thought riquelme had better moments, but veron was more involved throughout the game, no excellent moments and no bad moments.

i think cruz in good enough for inter. adriano has been in awful form, and although le looked sharp yesterday it was his 1st goal for 14 games. the goal wasa scrappy anyway. also i thinkcruz would have atleast hit the target with zanetti cross. cruz is awesomem in the air.

interestinh how inter finished with 4 man arg midfeild zanetti, chuchu, veron and kily

actually id u like u could

----------------barbosa

--------burdisso gonazalo samuel

---------------cambiasso
zanetti--------------------------- sorin
------------------veron

-----riquelme--------------------kily

---------------cruz--------------

this side would do well in worlc up of inter and villareal players
with solari, and arruabarena on bench

1 - 20 of 74 Posts