Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tribalfootball.com - March 28, 2004

Inter Milan have contacted the agent of England boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

Gazzetta dello Sport says Inter chief Marco Branca spoke with Eriksson's representatives during the club's UEFA Cup clash with Sochaux and is said to have received some encouragement about a potential move for the Swede.

Eriksson is also being chased by Chelsea and Real Madrid, but is said to be interested in Inter's proposal.

The former Lazio trainer has always maintained he'd like to return to club football in Italy.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
either eriksson or capello would be great...but i just want capello more...

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will be happy if we get either eriksson or capello

i wouldn't mind mancini he is great too

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
definitely...but eriksson and capello are winning coaches...mancini is a good coach...but he is not on their level yet...

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but eriksson and capello are winning coaches...mancini is a good coach...but he is not on their level yet...
who knows maybe he will be better than them in future

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
hopefully...i won't be sad if we get mancini...i just hope that we sack zac...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I want Cuper to make a return. And if we don't repay him, then I hope he goes to take over Real Madrid and leads them to the title. Think about it. Real would be perfect for cuper. He woudl bring defense to a team that has offense and that needs defense.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i dont see th ebig fuss about sven to be honest. back in his lazio days, he had a world team at his disposal. he was lucky to win the scudetto with lazio and he really didnt have a major impact in the CL.

i think he is highly overrated.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Considering the players he had built there. Veron, Almeyda, Nesta, Crespo, Stankovic, Conceicao.. and many more. He build it. I wouldnt say that he simply had such players.

In England, he made Rooney looking like a world class striker.. when lots of ppl are condemning for moving the youngster to the team.

Sven is a team builder. Builders are cool. They can perform as well as inflate the prices of players.. he makes them function tremendously.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
just to calm down the speculation. it will be looked at again after euro2004. If he sinks... he would be sacked. If not.. he can always renegotiate the contract again. England cannot afford a 'uncommitted' manager... then.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
bobati said:
Anyway, Eriksson extended his contract today with England until 2008 so hopefully we can forget him.
i thought he was going to chelsea...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I dont rate Eriksson very highly. Capello is a much better coach and I would even prefer Mancini to Eriksson. This comment may seem out of place but Eriksson's teams tend to be lifeless. They neither play shocking/terrible football or spectacular/inspiring football. Just ordinary football.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Eriksson...hmm....naaa....I think his non-confrontational skills will make him a loser at Inter if he did come...he likes to motivate without kicking ass...and the Inter players need an ass kicker.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
GaGa said:
Eriksson...hmm....naaa....I think his non-confrontational skills will make him a loser at Inter if he did come...he likes to motivate without kicking ass...and the Inter players need an ass kicker.
Whos ur idea of an asskicker, ferguson who will throw shoes at jz?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
I want Cuper to make a return. And if we don't repay him, then I hope he goes to take over Real Madrid and leads them to the title. Think about it. Real would be perfect for cuper. He woudl bring defense to a team that has offense and that needs defense.
and Ronaldo will leave... :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
FA acted on Sven after Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid talks
tribalfootball.com - March 29, 2004

Sven Goran Eriksson faced the sack yesterday if he rejected terms from the FA over a new, two-year contract extension.

The FA were demanding Eriksson end speculation linking him with Chelsea by penning a new deal and convinced the Swede to put pen to paper - even though he wanted to wait until the summer.

A source revealed to The Sun: "The FA wanted Sven's name on the contract there and then and told him they had to have it.

"Sven wanted to wait until the summer but the FA warned if he did not sign they might have to sack him.

"When the pictures came out in The Sun on Saturday showing him at the home of Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon, he lost his bottle, got scared by the public reaction.

"Yet the FA offered him ?5million-a-year with the option he could quit after the 2006 World Cup.

"He had nothing to lose. He knows if England have a disastrous Euro 2004 they might want to sack him. If they do, the FA will have to pay ?20m in compensation.

"There was an understanding between Sven and Chelsea he was their No 1 choice, though there was never an offer in writing.

"On Friday, Chelsea were under the impression he would be prepared to join them after Euro 2004.

"Anybody who is well connected in European football knows Sven has been actively looking for a new club job.

"He spoke to Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Chelsea, telling them all he wanted to quit the FA.

"Chairmen and presidents from major clubs throughout Europe were all made aware Sven did not want to stay with England and that he would be available."

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
capello is linked with chelsea... :(

Capello wants Prem job Tuesday 30 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello has fuelled speculation that he could become the next Chelsea boss by admitting he wants to work in England.

The tactician has become a leading contender after Sven Goran Eriksson snubbed the outfit over the weekend.

And Capello has told a Spanish newspaper on Tuesday that he is keen on a spell in the Premiership.

"I would like another experience abroad, especially in England," he said in an interview with El Pais. "But I still have one year left on my contract with Roma."

Capello certainly has the credentials to take the Stamford Bridge job after his success at Milan, Real Madrid and now the Giallorossi.

Chelsea are set to replace Claudio Ranieri in the summer and it was expected that Eriksson would take over. However, he extended his deal with England until 2008 on Sunday.

Capello, who has also won the Champions¡¯ League with Milan, was asked his opinion on who would win this season¡¯s competition.

"I firmly believe that Milan will win it again," he noted. "Why? Because they are a side that have no weak points."

channel4

1 - 20 of 22 Posts