Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milan and Inter are discussing the swap of coco for seedorf, i hope its true coz i think its a good deal....

check www.dailysoccer.com

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Coco deal not done says Galliani Wednesday 29 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan chief Adriano Galliani has denied speculation that the Francesco Coco and Clarence Seedorf swap deal has been concluded.

Reports recently have suggested that Coco will return to Milan from Barcelona and then in turn be handed to Inter for midfielder Seedorf.

"We have yet to reach agreement with Inter or either players over the move," said Galliani.

"Another thing I want to underline is that Coco still belongs to Barcelona. They have up until July 31 to decide what to do with him. If they don’t want him then Coco will belong to Milan."

The Azzurri international’s future at the Nou Camp is in doubt after the return of Louis Van Gaal as the Coach. Even if Coco could be needed for the future with the news that veteran full-back Sergi will be released.

"I still feel like a Barcelona player and I don’t know anything about the stories that Barca want to release me," said a mystified Coco.

"In the last month and a half, I have spoken to Barca officials on at least 20 occasions and they’ve always said they want to keep hold of me."

The major stumbling block seems to be Coco’s transfer fee of around £10m, which has reportedly put off the Liga side.

channel4

·
Registered
429 Posts
Coco-Seedorf swap official
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan and Inter have reached an agreement, but the players must still give their consent to the move.

This story has been in the press for several months and on Thursday evening Rossoneri Vice-President Adriano Galliani confirmed a breakthrough in negotiations.

“The two clubs have agreed a straight swap between Francesco Coco and Clarence Seedorf,” he revealed on the official Milan website.

“The only issue remaining is the wages for the two players. We have authorised each other to contact the respective players.”

“Milan will speak with Seedorf, while Inter can now conduct talks directly with Coco.”

The Italian international should strengthen the Nerazzurri defence, while for him it is a return to the San Siro.

The winger was on loan at Barcelona, but the Spaniards do not appear intent on taking up their option on the player – an option that expires on Friday.

While Coco does not need convincing to move across the city, Seedorf may be a little more difficult to tie down.

The Dutchman is said to fear that he may not find space in a team that already boasts Manuel Rui Costa and Andrea Pirlo in midfield.

“Seedorf’s arrival absolutely does not put Rui Costa’s position into doubt,” assured Galliani.

“The move is a straight swap and neither club will discuss the value placed on the players’ heads.”

Earlier this month the Milan director had revealed that the dire financial situation of the club would see only free transfers or straight swaps to reinforce the squad for next season.

“This deal had no bearing on our financial situation,” maintained the Vice-President. “This was purely a technical decision.”

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i m very happy to see coco join INTER...goodbye, seedorf...and good luck... :)

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Being a huge Dutch fan I am happy every time a Dutch player joins Milan. In general!

I am not so sure about this one, however. It is obvious that Coco has no place in Milan as his father said few days ago that the only thing Coco knows is that he doesn't want to play for Milan and Galliani was quick enough to sell him ... Sth has happened half an year ago which is beyond the pure football stuf that we will never learn in full. The result is obvious - no place for Coco in Milan.

Having said that , still it is a shame.

As for Seedorf- the guy has undisputed tallent, and lots of experience with Ajax, RealM and Inter. He is however inconsistent. Besides, I am not sure how Carlo will find a place for him with Pirlo and Rui in the team ... unless this purchase means sth more - Rui won't be there next year; or probably Pirlo - a scenario wich I don't want to think about.

Lets hope they know what they are doing and why.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Seedorf is a very talented player and yet he's only 25 years old, so he has still plenty to offer. Let us hope that he can emulate some of his incredible form of his Real Madrid days, where he was a true "crack" or world Class player. Also, the arrival of Seedorf more than likely spells the departure of Demetrio Albertini. I personally, will be happy of this move as Trio seems to be passed it. Nonetheless, grazie per tutto Demetrio.:)

Coco gone? Great riddance!:stuckup: There's no place for primadonnas in Milan.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It would be be goos for both teams I think..I maen Seedorf is probably more talented than Coco, but is more useful to Inter by far.

D

·
0 Posts
in my point of VIEW, BOOTH MILAN and INTER, have earned in this swap
:D

they get a left back better than Gresko, we get a central midfielder better than Albertini ( totally inconsistent this year, so as Coco inconsistent with Milan and Barça)

imho the 2 Milan Teams are stronger now ( while Lazio is losing points and roma does't spend a cent )

D

·
0 Posts
Capello comments on the swap COCO-SEEDORF
( who between inter and milan had the best player, made the business ) :

"It's CLEAR, it is SEEDORF, Milan did the business, one of the most complete and skilled midfielders around, with an excellent view of the game, and will be precious for Milan with his internationa experience"

·
Registered
166 Posts
Seedorf can play on the right side of the midfield.
Milan havn't had a decent right midfielder since....?
So definantly a good trade!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
The question here is not the difference or similarity of talents. It is about milan getting rid of this a$$ hole Mr. Prima donna. Seedorf can be only useful. he has the patience to sit on the bench and quite a versatile player.

hope he troubles our rivals the same way as he has here.:tongue: Though hector cuper is a disciplirian and can bring this guy to earth.

Ciao

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
You guys are being very optimistic :D

When i first read inter signed Seedorf, i almost jumped out of earth. that's because i've followed la liga for some time and he rocked as the right winger/midfield in real madrid.

But he isn't always great. still skillful, he always take the ball to himself and do very foolish things to screw the team. he'd take a 40yard shot with the forwards all well positioned for a tactical attack. he'd overdribbles and traps himself with his selfishness. And he is never consistant. NEVER EVER. Seedorf is a ticking time bomb.

He isn't a rui costa threat though, since seedorf isn't a playmaker, he will most likely to replace alberini on the right mid position.

Seedorf is still one of the best out there if he is consistant with what he does. Just hope that he wouldn't over dribble and be consistant with it.

·
International
9,682 Posts
Thing is: what will our defence look like next year? Coco is gone, Colo is gone, Canna not coming... who will we be playing in the defence, our weakest point? Here's my "dream" line-up:

Helveg - Billy - RJ [new captain of Brazil, by the way! :eek:] - Chamot

^ WORLD CLASS ^

Sure, we have Maldini and KK but why use them when we have the above written line-up? We might as well sell 'em, just as we did with Colo and Coco.

Regards and Forza MILAN!,
David

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
David said:
who will we be playing in the defence, our weakest point? Here's my "dream" line-up:

^ WORLD CLASS ^
:eek:

amen... :tongue:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Son of a gun! For once I was busy not taking these kinds of rumors seriously, and then something like this sneaks up on me! :D

Not a bad signing. Hopefully, Lotti will have enough cajones next season to allow more creativity in the team's style of play.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
David said:

^ WORLD CLASS ^
Heheheheheh

maybe we can get ngotty back and start him aswell

hey baldy get us a def that is USEFUL!

Lav

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
tha BIG bandit said:
Seedorf can play on the right side of the midfield.
Milan havn't had a decent right midfielder since....?
So definantly a good trade!

Sounds good to me as I'm tired of seeing Gattuso so often wind up on the right side in the 4-3-1-2 that Ancelloti plays so often. We need a player who can actually something with the ball.

Of course, if the right side becomes more offensive, then knowing Ancelloti, he'll stick some imbecile like Brocchi on the left side so we aren't "too offensive".

Regardless, the trade makes for some interesting possibilities and it's nice to get a quality player for somebody (Coco) who didn't even want to come back to Milan.

D

·
0 Posts
AMBROSINI SEEORF GATTUSO
AMBROSINI GATTUSO SEEDORF
SEEDORF AMBROSINI GATTUSO

:)
this is

1 - 20 of 25 Posts