Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0-1 at halftime with a surprisingly strong performance. Great volley by Candreva, unstoppable.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Typical Lazio - can't win a game in months, then surprises the league leaders away from home. :)

Only watched the final quarter carefully so I can't add much apart from wondering why Candreva took the penalty since Biglia is so much better at that and Handanovic is great at saving penalties. Thankfully, Candreva scored the rebound but that was not a smart choice for a penalty taker.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We won! Lazio as unfathomable as always...we can't beat anybody and then we beat the league leaders away.

The second half wasn't a great performance by any means, but we stayed in the game and then Felipe Melo's unique brand of idiocy gifted us the win.

Also positive is the stupid red card for Milinkovic-Savic...I'm repeating myself, but I just can't understand how Pioli sees him as a trequartista. Well now he can't field him. :)

·
Administrator
52,363 Posts

GRANDE LAZIOOOOOOOOOOO :musik: :crazy::party::cecco::thumbsup::jester:

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Okay, so if we arrange our scudetto party to coincide with the celebrations of winning the coppa, we can have both kick off the festivities for bringing home the UEFA cup. :party:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Could this be a turning point in this dismal season so far?

I hope they won't get too fat over the break :D

Excellent game from romoletto candreva!!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Hi guys.

Could couple of you can rate Sergej Milinković-Savić so far in Lazio and estimate his potential based on games he provided to club? :)

·
Administrator
52,363 Posts
I'm not Lazio fan, but this dude sucked everytime I seen him play for them. It's one of the more weird things of this season for me, seeing him start games, don't see what Pioli see in him. If Trequartista /AM is supposed to be his natural position, he needs to discover a new one to become useful.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
SMS runs a lot (by Serie A standards) but his efficiency is very low. Probably the most important contributions is winning key free kicks/penalty shots like the one against Inter but overall he has been a disappointment. Usually needs one touch too many to control the ball and his passing is atrocious for an attacking midfielder.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
He's still quite young, yet he plays almost every game. He should have time to grow. It would have been smarter to alternate his playing time with Morrison, who is actually more of an attacking midfielder than Milinkovic. But instead Pioli has chosen to ignore him and play Milinkovic exclusively. That also means there is no one to compete with. No matter how poorly he performs he will keep being put in the starting 11. Such a thing is detrimental to a player's development.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts