Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it´s perhaps better to put the game against Roma behind us and look forward to the interesting clash with Inter. This should be a great match, and hopefully we will see a better Juve this time around.

Why not try out some new line-ups? Lippi please go for Tudor and Thuram as central defenders. Atleast try it!

What do you guys think about this match?

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I want this on a 4.3.1.2 -

BiriThuramTudorZambro
Tach
CamoNedvedMaresca
TrezMiccoli

FORZA JUVE ! AVANTI SIGNORA !

We will PUMMEL THEM. :star:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
_________Buffon
Thuram_Tudor_Ciro_Zambro
_________Alessio
Appiah___Nedved__Maresca
______Miccoli_Trez

Coppa Italia is so appealing all of a sudden! :D

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Is Montero suspended for this game?:rolleyes: :( I mean he wont play for serieA in a while, he should be starting in Coppa Italia if he is not suspended.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Lippi will call him up only if Marco starts dealing out the kicks.

Btw- any expected banner in San Siro to reply back the 'Materazzi, siamo fuori dall tunnel' one? That would be nice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am almost sure Lippi will field the best side at his disposal. Another heavy defeat and his job will be on the wire. So I believe Del Piero will start, and don't ask me why, but I have a feeling he's going to perform well if he does start. He has spoken quite a bit after Juve's loss, and I take that as a sign that the defeat shook him considerably. Maybe that will translate into motivation and hopefully MAGIC. What better way to start Juve's revival through a simply awesome Del Piero?

We'll have to wait and see.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
PELLEGRINO TO REF INTER V JUVE
Monday, 09 February 2004 14:23:07
MILAN - Thursday evening's Tim Cup semi-final return leg between Inter and Juventus will be refereed by Emilio Pellegrino from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto, Sicily. Pierluigi Collina will take charge of the other semi-final match between Lazio and AC Milan, to be played on Wednesday.

Pellegrino, who will be assisted by linesmen Mitro and Farneti, and by fourth man Bergonzi, has refereed the Nerazzurri on four occasions:

12 April 2000: Lazio 2-1 Inter (Coppa Italia)
6 November 2002: Empoli 3-4 Inter (Serie A )
1 December 2002: Inter 4-0 Brescia (Serie A )
8 marzo 2003: Bologna 1-2 Inter (Serie A )

inter.it

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
steph's line up looks very good to me. Appiah and Maresca must start in midfield. camo isnt a hard working player who helps out enough in midfield, so with appiah and maresca, we get two, two way players, who can both defend and attack.

Either start Tudor and Legrottaglie, see what comes of that, or use Ciro. Ciro isnt fast, he isnt as agile anymore, but he gives his best when he is on the pitch and he doesnt make foolish mistakes like montero or iuliano. And that to me is important for the defence right now.

on to this game and this competition for that matter. Its a very very small chance that juve can win the scudetto. Almost impossible now. So, we have the CL and we have Coppa Italia. currently, we are nowhere near a team who is capable of winning the CL. Milan and others are tiwce the team we are right now. So i say that we should really try hard in the Coppa Italia. I know its not a major trophy, but its still something to say, "hey, the season wasnt a total waste". it does bring some revenue i suppose, not much, but better than nothing.

biggest problem is trying to beat inter who have 2 away goals to their name. Adriano, Vieri, Recoba, Martins, Cruz...all players who could do damage to our defence right now.

i seriously cant see lippi being ignorant again and fielding a similar line up to that against Roma. Seriously, if he doesnt start miccoli, Maresca, appiah, ciro/tudor...then he must be snorting lines and lines and lines and lines of coke IMO!

And i would bring Del Piero on for this game. he imissed the last game due to injury, so bring him on. Upside to that is that he performs way better when coming on anyway.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
--------------------------BUFFON

PESSOTTO------THURAM-----TUDOR-----ZAMBROTTA

-------------------------APPIAH

CAMO-------------------------------------MARESCA

-------------------------NEDDY

-----------DEL PIERO------------MICCOLI/TREZ

Would be interesting to see Miccoli and DP together. Miccolis speed might be useful against Materazzi. And interestin option for the defensive line-up:

Tudor------------Thuram------------Ciro F-------------Pessotto

which means Zambrotta can take Camo´s palce in midfield.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Materazzi is suspended.

I find it really hard for Lippi to field both DP and Mic at the same time... Who'll take the high crosses?

Also, www.sports.it presented a pretty good synthesis of Juve's current problems (it's in Italian however), and in it, the writer suggested Juve turn back to the system it employed at the beginning of the season: 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

Buffon

Pessotto - Thuram - Ferrara - Zambrotta

Maresca - Tacchinardi

Camoranesi - Nedved - Del Piero

Trezeguet

This sort of formation gave us that awesome 10 game winning streak back at the start of the season.... I made some changes to the line up, such as Thuram in central def. and Maresca in place of Appiah. Another option would be Maresca in place of Camo and Appiah partnering Tacchinardi.

Cheers.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lippi plots semi victory Wednesday 11 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Marcello Lippi is set to drop his Coppa Italia rotation policy for Thursday’s trip to Inter.

The tactician has usually rested a number of first team regulars for Cup games but he’s named a strong 18-man squad today.

Lippi can’t afford to take any risks with Inter in pole position to win the semi-final after the 2-2 draw in Turin last week.

Alex Del Piero is once again available after he missed the Roma game because of injury. The only absentees are Alessandro Birindelli, Mark Iuliano and Mauro Camoranesi who are all injured.

The Italian champions will be keen to impress after their 4-0 debacle against the Giallorossi on Sunday.

"If we don’t manage to qualify then I expect us to be criticised even more," admitted Lippi. "We’ve won so much in the past that it is normal that people want to have a go at us."

Yet Inter boss Alberto Zaccheroni is also set to field his strongest side given the way their season has developed.

"Winning the Coppa Italia is our primary objective right now," insisted Zac. "I expect my side to take control of the tie if we play with character and concentration."

Julio Cruz may return to the line-up after he was suspended for the first leg. While goalkeeper Alberto Fontana will feature because of Francesco Toldo’s dismissal seven days ago.

Juventus squad: Buffon, Chimenti; Ferrara, Montero, Tudor, Pessotto, Zambrotta, Thuram, Legrottaglie; Tacchinardi, Conte, Nedved, Maresca, Appiah; Miccoli, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Di Vaio.

channel4

===============

meanwhile, zac has called up 20 players for tomorrow's game against juventus...

Goalkeepers : Alex Cordaz (71), Alberto Fontana (12)

Defenders : Daniele Adani (15), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2), Thomas Helveg (13)

Midfielders:: Emre Belozoglu (5), Javier Farinos (14), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Georgios Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Okan Buruk (22), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Dejan Stankovic (11), Javier Zanetti (4)

Strikers: : Adriano (10), Julio Ricardo Cruz (9), Alvaro Recoba (20), Andy van der Meyde (7), Christian Vieri (32)

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Coppa Italia Preview: Inter-Juve
Inter - Juventus | Latest News | Match Preview | News Archive

02/11/2004. BACKGROUND:

Inter and Juve will be competing for a Coppa Italia final place on Thursday night at the 'Giuseppe Meazza' stadium of Milan in the second leg semi final of the TIM Cup.

The first leg in Turin ended in an exciting 2-2 match which gives the nerazzurri an advantage over their bianconeri rivals. In fact, the Old Lady needs a win or at least draw with a 3-3 or higher scoreline to qualify. Another 2-2 draw would send both teams to extra time and eventually to a penalty shoot-out.

Inter see the Coppa Italia as an important objective especially since they Scudetto aspirations are more or less vanished and they are out of the Champions League. Zaccheroni will therefore field the deadly duo Vieri-Adriano up-front in an attempt to open up Juve's defence which lately has been incredibly bad.

The Coppa Italia was just the third objective for Lippi's troops at the start of the season, but the latest debacle against Roma in Serie A might have pushed the importance of such a trophy for the bianconeri. The Tuscan coach is in fact expected to field first team players to improve his side's chances of qualifying to the next round.

TEAM NEWS:

Inter - Zaccheroni will be without Coco, Almeyda, Brechet and Gamarra, all injured, while Toldo, Materazzi and Kallon are still banned. Therefore, Inter's defence will have to be made of the same three men that played on Sunday against Sampdoria. Adriano and Vieri should play for the first time together from the first minute, which in theory they should be able to outclass Juve's ageing defence.

Juventus - Lippi must do without Birindelli and Iuliano who are still injured, however the rest of the team should be made of first team players to try and get a morale boosting win for the bianconeri.

PROBABLE FORMATIONS:

Inter (3-4-3): Fontana; Cordoba, Adani, Cannavaro; Helveg, Farinos, Stankovic, J. Zanetti; Recoba, Vieri, Adriano

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Conte; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

Vieri (Inter) - His return from injury was marked with two goals against Sampdoria. Will he be able to repeat his performance?

Del Piero (Juve) - After missing out last Sunday's match against Roma, Del Piero will want to lead his team to the final, proving that this team needs him more than ever.
Glenn Debattista

soccerage

===============

Coppa Italia Prediction: Inter-Juventus
Inter - Juventus | Latest News | Our Prediction | News Archive

02/11/2004. With both teams needing a win for different reasons, this match should prove as exciting as the first leg with Juve trying to score and Inter hitting back on counter attacks. Match to end 1-1 and Inter qualify for the final.
Glenn Debattista

soccerage

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
fuking Conte again?? i know its probable, but still, if Lippi leaves maresca and appiah on bench, i'll fuking not watch another game of juve for the rest of the season.

:fero:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Conte and Tacchinardi in the same lineup? That's like inviting our opposition to hammer our defence. Like we haven't seen enough of that this season.

We need that player next to Tacchinardi who can advance with the ball and contribute to our overall play. Therefore Maresca or even Appiah is a must this evening. It would also be nice to see miccoli work his magic from start.

Ciro should start ahead of Iuliano and Montero. He does atleast not run like a headless chicken.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
appiah should play off tacchinardi and maresca should be the other midfielder attacking a lot more and helping out nedved.

iuliano is injured i think..not sure if montero is going to play either.

apparently vieri and adriano will be played together, even though they tried it once before where it failed. According to some, Adriano and Vieri were running over each other..same type of player.

if this is true, maybe a tudor-legro partnership may succeed, both tall and strong, two things needed to stop vieri and adriano. Pace may be a problem though, even though montero and ciro dont really surpass tudor and legro in that area anyway.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Playing Appiah and Maresca in centremidfield with Nedved ahead of them would be to much. We still need the anchorman. There is a need for balance in our midfield, otherwise nothing will improve.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts