Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter join Cassano chase Sunday 14 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Cassano could be the key to solving Roma’s financial problems after interest from England, Spain and Italy.

The starlet is still only 21 years old, but has lived up to his billing when signed from Bari for £20m.

“A club from the north of Italy has asked me for Cassano,” revealed Roma President Franco Sensi, “but I have no intention of selling him.”

It’s reported that the interested party is Inter, although Juventus were in the running when the teenager was still with his hometown club.

Christian Vieri has made his intention of playing alongside Cassano at club level clear after their cosy chat during Inter’s 4-1 defeat at the Olimpico last week.

However, the star doing the moving could be Cassano in order to built a trident attack with Vieri and Adriano, pushing the disappointing Alvaro Recoba out of the squad.

His contract expires in 2006 and a good Euro 2004 – an increasingly likely prospect following Alessandro Del Piero’s injury – could raise his price tag further.

“We should be honoured that so many clubs are willing to pay millions for our players,” added Fabio Capello. “It means that everyone has worked well together.”

If the Giallorossi fail to find new investors by the summer, then big stars might be forced to move on.

Emerson, Vincenzo Montella and Vincent Candela are among those on the list, but losing Cassano would be preferable to selling captain Francesco Totti.

The youngster has already scored 11 Serie A goals this season and has attracted interest from overseas.

It is claimed in the Italian press that Manchester United, Chelsea and Atletico Madrid are all eyeing a bid of up to £27m.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Inter Milan prepare ?0M mega offer for Cassano
tribalfootball.com - March 14, 2004

Inter Milan have joined Atletico Madrid in preparing a mega offer for AS Roma striker Antonio Cassano.
Both clubs know that Roma's massive debts could force them to sell one of their top stars in the summer and are banking on that being Cassano.

Atletico sports director Toni Munoz has already discussed Cassano with his board and is drawing up a big offer in the event they qualify for next season's Champions League.

However, Inter director Massimo Moratti is also the driving force behind a massive £20 million bid from his board and club insiders are already being quoted in Italian press reports about their interest in the Italian international.

Roma president Franco Sensi is desperate not to lose Cassano and is seeking to open new contract talks with the youngster's representatives.

Cassano is on £1.3 million-a-season, with his current deal running out in 2006. Sensi hopes to secure him to a new contract extension to 2008.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
First of all, I don't think that Roma would make such a big mistake !

Totti and Cassano are their key players along with Samuel, Chivu, Dacourt, Emerson,.....

But since, Roma is also rumoured to be in cash crisis to pay the debts and if any owner doesn't buy Roma very soon, then they might have to sell few players to get the $$.

Well, till now the rumoured players to leave Rome were Emerson, Candela, ?.

Few days ago, rumours said that Totti could also be sold to Real/? if they need that much $$.
I don't know much about Roma's debts, but I think that if Roma can't get a club buyer very soon; then only Emerson's sale won't give that much $$ to save the club.

And I think that they would rather sell Cassano / Emerson, rather than Totti, who's the symbol of Rome.

Now, coming back to the rumour. It would be great to have Cassano, not to play the trio of :

Adriano - Vieri - Cassano

BUT to replace Vieri (may be Recoba as well) and play like this :

Adriano ---- Cassano

That would be GREAT !!!!!

Lastly, I don't think that Roma might have to sell Cassano or Totti. At the end they might find a buyer or ??;)

Cassano has a great future ahead of him. The more I watchin him play, I only get convinced more and more......:D. Not to forget that he's young as well and most importantly consistent. Don't know much about his character problems though.

:confused: ;)

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
well if the team wants/has to sell and decides there too deep in debt or whatever else it is then cassano will be one of many to go....but if roma want to remain the team they are now its not even a possibility Cassano will be gone...sell a player whos already great with only better things to come....cassano = ability to win any game at anytime....barca got themselves one with ronaldinho and milan with kaka and there are some others...just my opinion

·
Registered
471 Posts
Haha Atletico Madrid pathetic, they are making fools out of their asses. Haha Cassano wouldn´t play for such a shit club.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
You guys are in the CL next season and that should save up 10-20 million Euros. Is Roma's financial crisis that bad??? I think Inter has 100 million Euros of debt yet we aren't selling our stars. I think it's a BS rumour. If there are any players to be sold, I don't think it's gonna be Cassano, after all the patience and trust that Capello & Roma put on him.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Cassano is sheer class. He may still be young and may have his disclipinary problems but Capello does not put up with him for nothing. Capello knows how much of a class act he is and Trapattoni has also recognised his ability by placing his confidence in him with the national team. To sell Cassano would be a big mistake and like Roma_83 pointed out, he has the ability to turn a game in an instant. He is Roma's and Italy's future. I believe Roma would ONLY consider his sale as a last resort.

As for his playing for Inter, I do not think it would make any difference. Inter needs a midfield that can offer him service before he could do any good for us. We all know that the club has been searching for such a midfield for a great many years and despite Cristiano Zanetti's presence and the recent acquisition of Stankovic, as well as Emre (who some hold in very high regard), that elusive search continues.

Roma would not sell Cassano unless they were desparate and even if Cassano arrived at Inter, he would end up being very frustrated due to total lack of service he would get.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I don’t think at all that Roma would sell Cassano….
Cassano and Totti are the two players they can’t lose at any cost….

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

(secondlast) Cassano
(last) Totti

Only then might they think about selling him……
And I do think that Roma will definitely get a buyer, after all they are having such a good season and will definitely be playing in next season’s champions league (unless they slip to 3rd spot and kicked out from the champions qualifying round )

;)

AND, if Reyes cost that much $$ (don't know exactly, but it was too expensive:D), Cassano might well be of same value.

:cool:

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
This is really getting ridiculous, our financial state is bad, but not that bad that we have to sell Totti and Cassano IMO. And to Atletico Madrid of all clubs?:tongue:
As Pravesh said, Totti and Cassano will be the last to go if we are forced to sell.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I hate transfer rumors that just lag on the whole summer. Please Moratti just bust out the 30 million euros and let's see him at Inter training camp in july.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Handoyo said:
You guys are in the CL next season and that should save up 10-20 million Euros. Is Roma's financial crisis that bad??? I think Inter has 100 million Euros of debt yet we aren't selling our stars. I think it's a BS rumour. If there are any players to be sold, I don't think it's gonna be Cassano, after all the patience and trust that Capello & Roma put on him.
You could have even 1 billion euro debt and still would be buying players, Moratti would see to that while Sensi seems unwilling to balance the books with his own money any longer. But the rumour is stupid, I mean even if Roma are forced to sell Cassano why would he go to Inter, we know he ain't that smart but still... Of course money could convince him but do you really need him? I don't think so.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if roma offload emerson, candela, and montella, then they don't need to sell totti or cassano...especially if they sell emerson to chelsea... :D

btw, i heard that cassano is an INTER fan...is that true? :confused:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no roma fans can answer my question?? :confused:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Inter is linked with Totti and Cassano...this rumour is true.............but not official........If Roma end up going in Financial problems after the season ends..........they will be forced to sell Totti and Cassano..and Zac has already asked Fachetti for TOtti or Cassano's to join Inter..............im sure Inter will be the first team to try and sign both of them..........

Vieri Totti Adriano

Adriano Vieri Cassano

Vieri Totti Cassano

all 3 look good...........we need to sell Recoba and other players to scrap some more cash for a attacking midfielder..............

oh yea...i heard mexes has agreed terms with inter that will go through in june....

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
MAGICA INTER OK said:
It does sound good...but what about Matrix?......we still need him...he plays a big role in central defence...not to mention he can score alot of goals
I haven't said that we should get rid of Materazzi. Get a decent CD and have these defenders :

Cordoba
Cannavaro (?)
Materazzi
Adani
Mexes

;)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts