Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter join Cambiasso queue Monday 9 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have joined Juventus in the chase to sign Esteban Cambiasso from Real Madrid in the summer.

The Argentine is available on a free transfer and the 23-year-old is wanted by the Nerazzurri.

Reports suggest that Inter officials Lele Oriali and Massimo Moretti have already held talks with the midfielder.

It is understood that the South American has been offered a four-year contract worth £1.3m a season.

Cambiasso admitted last week that he was likely to leave Real as they have yet to offer him a contract extension.

Although a number of English clubs also want him, it seems likely that he will join Inter, Juventus or Milan.

"I want to decide my future in peace," said the player. "But I would like the chance to play in Italy."

Inter have had their problems in central midfield this term with Cristiano Zanetti and Matias Almeyda both being affected by injury.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cambiasso Close To Inter?
Latest News | News Archive

02/09/2004. According to reports in Italy, Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Cambiasso is close to signing a contract with Inter.

The Argentine, who will be a free agent in the summer, is expected to sign a deal worth 1.8 million euros a season. The two parties must now decide whether he will sign on for three or four years.

Juventus and Milan had also been linked.
SA Italy

soccerage

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey people....he is FREE..what do u expect??? of course we can go after emerson...but how much we would have to pay for him?? how much he would demand for his salary??? he is no emerson...nobody expects him to be that good...but he is young... and he is free...so i don't care...at least, he is better than almeyda...

of course we can get emerson...but we probably have to pay a lot for his services, or trade vieri for him...in this case, i'd give cambiasso a chance...and save the money for a playmaker and a defender...

he isn't bad at all...

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
he aint as bad as i said in my last post...but he aint the solution...there is way better players out there...even if they cost money....but for a backup he could do well

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
The FIFA President said:
he ain't bad at all, though i haven't follow him for a while.

He's free and is better than almedya and a sick zanetti. What do you guys think?
Total bullshit that he is better than Almeyda..if he is that good, why arent R. MAdrid playing him or offering him a new contract??

Is Inter a class below Madrid?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Another diminutive, central midfielder for Inter to add to its collection. When will they finally buy a real No. 10?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
my first choice DMC would be Almeyda+CZ.. or Davids in there. 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2...basically... Cambiasso is not needed.

·
Registered
678 Posts
we can't refuse a FREE PLAYER, not to mention the guy is Cambiasso. So, I think it's the time to release Farinos, or Lomachi or Okan for a really net $$$.

do u know why Van der Meyde or Stankovic both have not the clear and bright futures here? because we have much more players, same as we lack them. We need a steady formation.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Cambiasso is not a DM !!! he plays more or less like Xavi, he is a passer who organises a midfield. Through out his career he always played next to a DM in his River days he had a DM next to him in there 3412, with Real in his early days he was a starter along side Makelele.

What i am saying is if Inter buy Cambiasso he will not be a sub for CZ, he will be a sub for Emre.

As for the whole idea of signing him, well i say no coz we have Beati who is more or less the same kind of player.

IMO ... Cambiasso NO, Emerson NO, Davids NO .. Non of these players are DM's that sit infront of a defences and just guard, they all play along side a player who does that job, so unless Inter wants to get Replace Emre then i see no reason behind signing any of these players

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
we can't refuse a FREE PLAYER
Then Inter should sign 50 or so Seria C2 players which are on free.:tongue: ;)

Cambiasso is overrated IMO just because he plays for Real. He's a good player, but not what Inter needs which is a real playmaker.

·
Registered
395 Posts
He's a good player, but not what Inter needs which is a real playmaker.
Exactly. If anything, this just proves the Moratti era is alive and well. Instead of buying a quality, top-tier playmaker, Inter will try and buy cheap or sign for free 3 or 4 decent, versatile players. If Inter wants to be in the same category as Madrid, Milan, and Juve, it has to shell out for some world class players.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In other transfer news, Chelsea could intercept Inter’s proposed summer swoop for Esteban Cambiasso.

The Argentine is set to leave Real Madrid on a free transfer and the Premiership outfit may offer the midfielder a better financial package.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chelsea eye Inter target

Chelsea are set to pip Inter in the race to sign Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Cambiasso. Although reports suggest that the Argentine has agreed verbal terms with Inter, Chelsea are offering him a £1.4m a year salary - £200,000 more than the Italians.

channel4

1 - 20 of 23 Posts