Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came by an interesting statistic the other day. The championship divided in two halves: the one after 13 rounds and the one from 13th to today. Here goes:

AFTER 13 GAMES

Juve 32 points 25 goals scored 6 goals conceeded
Milan 28 points 19 gs 8 gc
Inter 17 points 25 gs 22 gc

FROM GAME 13 TO GAME 22

Inter 21 points 17 gs 5 gc
Juve 18 points 13 gs 7 gc
Milan 17 points 20 gs 6 gc

As vou can see, in the past nine games Inter are the form team of Serie A in spite not playing as well as they did in the initial stages. It seems if Inter do not win the Scudetto(and no one should be giving up on it just yet) they will be cursing individual mistakes and bad luck of the first games.

People may complain about being so far off the top but no one can deny that Inter made progress in respect of last seasons. Previously, Inter used to steal points by a goal from Vieri or someone else. This season not only were they at least on a par with anyone they faced but mostly outplayed their oponents. In fact, the only truly awful games were Siena and Reggina away and Chievo at home. Still, pity about the early stages

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
The facts are that a new manager needs time to get use to his surroundings, he also needs to figure out the formations and tactics to suit his players and vice versa for the players.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I said it at the start and I'll say it again, This Inter is the strongest I have seen regardless of what the table says. Haven't seen a better team this season.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
We are only 12 points off the Gobbi, 7 off Milan and there is 48 points left to play for.
A lot of points to play for and a lot of points to change

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Interista said:
We are only 12 points off the Gobbi, 7 off Milan and there is 48 points left to play for.
A lot of points to play for and a lot of points to change
Only 12 points ?? that's not only.

But yeah, anything is possible, even though I would be more than happy, if we just get the 2nd spot and something special in Champions League.

What about a long long winning streak ?? That way, it's possible BUT !!
We might not lose this season at all, but I really very much doubt on the long winning streak.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
It was 18 only a couple of games ago, we have won alot in the last 2 months.

Anything is possible and that is because we are INTER and may we go marching on!

FORZA INTER!!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
You need to win 4 more games than Juve. 48 points is 16 games. If Inter win 12 of them it's super stuff. That means Juventus must lose 8 games more or less for Inter to catch up. And not only that. Milan would also have to lose a lot of games...

If Inter win every game you have a good chance. It will take something extra for sure...

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It's very possible that Inter in theory could catch Juve but in reality it won't happen.Juve have something that Inter don't consistency right now,Inter aren't so far off as it seems,They haven't been that bad this season,just dropped Important points that's all.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Juve have looked suspect in recent games and Capello doesn't have any alternatives (We know what happened with Roma last season), also Milan seem to be struggle now too

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I see it as more of a minor lapse,The big sides just like the others are going to have slumps for various reasons.But they usually pick themselves up anyway.Each season has a different scenario.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
juve don't have depth as soon as nedved got injured their attacking creativity reached the bottom. i only hope they gets one of our curses draws,injuries,bad luck,bad refree (can't see that happen ) and overall have the media to point out every negative aspects and hide the positive of their games( channel4 anyone :rolleyes: )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts