Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Is Not A
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have reached thus far in Europe and it's a pleasure. However we are facing a frightening new possibility:

For the first time in years we might end the season trophyless.

CSKA has a chance to knock us out. We could lose the Scudetto, too.

Are you afraid? Don't be. These are the hallmarks of a big team.

The classic Italian way of thinking is a fear of risk. "Screw Europe and Coppa Italia, it's too risky to win. Let's focus on the league first and foremost." This way of thinking has held us and many Italian teams back for a long time.

Champions League requires risk. One referee decision could end our hopes. One stray mistake or one single goal and we are out.

We should embrace this feeling. Embrace the risk. Embrace the idea that we might end up trophyless.

In 07/08:
Real Madrid won La Liga. Barcelona was 3rd in the league.
Valencia won Copa del Rey. Barcelona went out in the semi-finals.
Manchester United won the Champions League. Barca kicked out in the semi-finals.

What happened next season for Barca is history.

So let's not flip our lid. Let's not change coaches every 2 years. Let's not shit our pants.

As long as we are making progress, in my mind that is enough. Trophies are just icing. Improvement is what matters.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
screw that, I want a new coach, new players, sneijder is shit imo, etoo too, but milito has been absolutely useless lately, absolutely our worst player is Milito and Stankoshit today.

I wish we played football like Barca or Arsenal, that would be so nice, fvcking love that football of dominating your opposition like those two, I´m sick of Inter anti-football with zero ball control, it´s pure garbage football.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Improvement does matter. I understand what your point, and I don't disagree with it. However the season is far from over.

JM and Inter Milan the "entity" will take every competition seriously. The key is to mix in some backups into the game. Meaning Eto'o, Cucho, Samuel, Cesar, Milito, Lucio and a few others get a week break.

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
Since we are facing facts here now.. Inter will be truely distracted in the CL, players will be insanely fatigued due to the very very tight remaining schedule, realisticaly speaking, Mourinho has been brought for the one and only CL, so what will really happen that he`ll risk the league and leave things to luck and put all concentration on the CL.

Fact is I am already seeing this in our players mentality, we were playing the game against Palermo almost effortless, maybe due to lack of concentration because of the justified fatigue, but we will see more of this.. in a CL week you`ll see our players`s heads are already somewhere else, in that next European game.. just like what we`ve seen in catania game.

However, I think there is a possibilty, if we were abit lucky.. we would find ourselves ending the season with the both tropies. Milan and Roma (the current squads) are not that good honestly, I mean it would be such a miracle.. to just imagin one of them winning scudetto!! even their fans know they are not good enough for crying out load!!

But what`s more likey to think about now that we`ll end the season trophyless, that will be hard for the fans ofcourse, but I think Inter will restart from a one solid ground, we already have a great team, and we are missing only fewer things this time, mind to remind you, that this Inter IS NEW, we just bought 50% of this team players last summer.. so imagine next year and the other yyear when the players get to know eachother more, players like Pandev, Eto and Sneijder still need moer time to completly adapt to us.

Just think about it, it`s really something amazing to make it that far, if you get a flashback of eveything happened during this season, no one would have believed that we untill this moment are leading the league and the only team to represent Italy in the CL. everyone thought Milan and Juve will dominate the league and Inter will be lost without Ibra and their new rejects Sneijder and Eto, and the so called "overrated "Milito". even untill the first week of the season when Bari drawed to us in Meazza, everyone seemed so sure that Inter will fall...

And from here I would like to hint that we cant predict anything with this Inter and this Mourinho.. when everything seems lost and hopless.. I cant dare to predict that this or that will happen to Inter. they all will remain hopes and dreams of anti-Inter.. but nothing for sure if they havnt already learned the lesson.

On another note, If it`s our destiny that we wont win the league this year, I think seeing Roma or Palermo actually winning the league would be better for the calcio image, the both teams didnt get humilated and beaten by the 4 goals (inside and outdie Italy) and that`s a very goo reason for the FIGC to tell the ref to stop giving favours to Miln, and concentrate their favours on Roma and Palermo, I can think of a 4 match suspension for Ronaldinho for being santa, and 3 match ban for Pato for getting injured many times (after he gets well), I mean these things workded with us too. :rolleyes:

No seriously now, I hope referees will stop giving favours, everyone wanted a tough competitve league, now it is, please make it fair from now on.. Italy cant afford another scandal.

Finally, whatever happens.. FORZA INTER! :)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
how can u people think we did not try in Palermo...that was the hardest i have ever seen INTER try to win a game and not succeed.

We even risked losing so much was our drive to win

Palermo is just that good. need i say it...they won where we lost this season in Turin. the Beat the crap outa Milan.

And so far this season only had one really bad day in Rome.

Dont underestimate how good that palermo side is

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
how can u people think we did not try in Palermo...that was the hardest i have ever seen INTER try to win a game and not succeed.

We even risked losing so much was our drive to win
Palermo is just that good. need i say it...they won where we lost this season in Turin. the Beat the crap outa Milan.
I agree, even though i watched only about 35 minutes of the entire game, mainly towards the end.

Only Samuel and lucio were at the back, everyone was up. Even at one instance where lucio was dribbling forward and told everyone to push up using his hands.

Unfortunately eto's long shot was blocked because i thought that might have been on target otherwise.

From what i saw Samuel and lucio once again stood ground when we were under counter attack and not many players were tracking back because how forward we were pushing up. I think maicon had a good back run that stopped their counter near our box. Samuel's fluke defense against cavani saved our 1 point.

we tried pretty hard today; they were very very tight and extremely well organized and WS just couldn't find an opening. Milito falls down a lot btw, he almost only get 30% calls that goes his way.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Hey there.

I was actually thinking about the same thing, but more so, what kind of changes will be made for Inter this summer?

When i watch your team roster, i dont really see positions needing reinforcements.

But, i was just thinking, what if the "unthinkable" happens, and Milan win the league. Of course if you win CL it doesnt matter, but if you dont...and even if you do :tongue:

Moratti will surely buy in the summer. I have heard you being linked with Veloso. If you buy him, then who will he replace? Motta? Stankovic?

And what about Eto? Is he a long term solution, i have heard mixed opinions about him and even if he scored that goal against Chelsea, Milito has been the better player.

I also heard you being linked with Criscito? And what is the future for Santon then?

Oh well, to make it short, what are Inter summer targets?

Maybe should have posted in the transfer thread, but this seemed on topic here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Surely, if we win the CL, I don't give a damn if we finish 15th in Serie A, since we've already won it 4 times in a row. But of course, if we put everything into the CL, we might not end up with anything. I already feel that the CL games with Chelsea has shifted the attention of our players.

But right now isn't crisis point yet. Milan is looking for a beating by Napoli tomorrow. They won't win every game from this point on.

As for the Coppa Italia, that should be sacrificed, no doubt.

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
aaggrrrrrrrrr

do you know that on week 33 we will face Fiorentina twice?

If we were lucky we`ll face them on saterday and wednesday.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Hey there.

When i watch your team roster, i dont really see positions needing reinforcements.
Replacements for Stankovic and muntari are always welcomed. Stankovic hasn't had a bad season but i think he's a little behind the CL tempo. muntari is just a diseaster all around.

If motta plays like he does against Chelsea in every game, he would easily be a regular starter but remains to be seen if he could do that consistantly, so a player that challenges his spot on the line up is also good.

Matrix and cordoba wont be here forever so a young CB wouldn't be out of the question.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
no CL and the scudetto this season??? hey, there is still the mancini cup...:D

seriously, we put ourselves in this situation...we had a very nice gap not so long ago...separating us and milan...but we kept dropping points...no matter against strong teams like palermo, napoli...or against teams that have weak defense like genoa...u r not gonna win the championship if u keep dropping points...especially late of the season...we shouldn't have lost that damn ****ing catania game...

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Well in the recent weeks, it's also been a luck factor too in swinging the Catania game against us and the Chievo game against Milan. But it's not just Milan because at this rate, Juve will overtake us.

do you know that on week 33 we will face Fiorentina twice?
I'd play primavera players + julio cesar

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
The club will finish no lower than 2nd. To do so, would be considered a failure. To finish outside the top 4 in any year, is considered a massive failure. This little run up in the CL to the last eight means a boat load of cash for Moratti and the club.

Hence the reason why playing in the CL is so sought after, and can be extremely lucrative for the club.

It seems to me a CB, CM and possibly a striker will be added. Eto'o is not moving any time soon. That goal against Chelsea has guaranteed him a spot, even if he doesn't score again this season.

With the average age of our defenders getting up there, I would say adding some young CB prospects would be ideal.

Get rid of Muntari, and spend big there.

Not sold on Pandev, we should look for another player, that we can sign cheap.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
We have reached thus far in Europe and it's a pleasure. However we are facing a frightening new possibility:

For the first time in years we might end the season trophyless.

CSKA has a chance to knock us out. We could lose the Scudetto, too.

Are you afraid? Don't be. These are the hallmarks of a big team.

The classic Italian way of thinking is a fear of risk. "Screw Europe and Coppa Italia, it's too risky to win. Let's focus on the league first and foremost." This way of thinking has held us and many Italian teams back for a long time.

Champions League requires risk. One referee decision could end our hopes. One stray mistake or one single goal and we are out.

We should embrace this feeling. Embrace the risk. Embrace the idea that we might end up trophyless.

In 07/08:
Real Madrid won La Liga. Barcelona was 3rd in the league.
Valencia won Copa del Rey. Barcelona went out in the semi-finals.
Manchester United won the Champions League. Barca kicked out in the semi-finals.

What happened next season for Barca is history.

So let's not flip our lid. Let's not change coaches every 2 years. Let's not shit our pants.

As long as we are making progress, in my mind that is enough. Trophies are just icing. Improvement is what matters.
:thumbsup: As a big club aim we have a duty to aim for everything available and at this moment we shouldn't be sacrificing one competition for another as we are in the driving seat and other need to catch up to us.

However, if say we get to the last few weeks of the season and we make it to same place in Spain, some time in may and we are playing catch up in the league then I would definitely favour something else over the league, even at the cost of coming up empty handed for the whole season.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The club will finish no lower than 2nd. To do so, would be considered a failure. To finish outside the top 4 in any year, is considered a massive failure. This little run up in the CL to the last eight means a boat load of cash for Moratti and the club.

Hence the reason why playing in the CL is so sought after, and can be extremely lucrative for the club.
Finishing lower than 4th wouldn't be a failure if the CL is won because you participate in the CL by winning it, regardless of where you finish in the domestic league.

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
I do have a bad memory I cant deny, but what Im so sure of that everyone predicted Juve to win the league "almost like a piece of cake :rolleyes: " and that Milan "SPECIALLY AFTER WEEK 1 when Inter drawed to Bari" many predicted that Milan will be their main contenders.. and Inter will be strugging to have the third place.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
So Milan were considered to be contenders for 1 full week? :howler: Even if they had had the worst pre-season ever, had lost their best player and were laughed at because of the non-existing transfer activities. But sure, the amazing 2-1 win against Siena changed all that.... for a whole week.

Inter of course were huge favorites to take the title. Please don't deny that as it makes you look bad. Before the season, the only other team being talked about as contenders was Juve.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts