Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figure I'll start this thread before someone else does.

Inter is offically in a crisis situation. Winless in 4 matches, first away loss yesterday after a long run, lead at the top of the table down to 6 points and an injury list to turn your stomach.

Ibrahimovic, Chivu, Samuel, Corboba, Cruz, Dacourt, Viera, Stankovic, Figo, Jiminez all injured or just coming back from injuires. Chivu went off today with a shoulder injury, no idea how long he will be out.

Central defense and strike force are depleated with only Rivas, Burdisso Materazzi, Crespo and Suazo fully fit.

Midfield is a disaster with Figo, Viera, Stankovic, Jiminez all coming back from injuries and nowhere near fully fit or in form.

No chance against Liverpool in CL which sucks for me becasue I said that I won't post in this fourm ever again should Liverpool knockout Inter. :wallbang:

At this point I'll be happy with the scudetto, as even that will be a big struggle right now.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Inter are always in crisis, you should have opened a thread before titled "Inter not in crisis!:eekani:"

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I would be satisfied to CLINGE 4th, and a coppa Italia would be icing.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
We should just pack our shit up (or down? :confused:) for the season. I say play with the disposable players (like Maniche, Vieira, Suazo etc) for the rest of the season. Let the key-players (Zanetti, Cambiasso, Ibra, Maicon etc) rest so that they are fit and ready come next season.

Even if we play a second string team we should be able to reach a top four spot and qualify for CL. Or maybe we should focus on a UEFA-cup spot instead as we suck in CL. :(

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
I agree as I said on the Inter forum.

The team has run out of legs.

Every area has a massive problem.

Defence; the injuries. Walter Samuel was our Nesta. His presence alone was enormous. I know a few people still don't rate Samuel because of his form at Madrid and because they don't rate Serie A that highly anymore, but honestly if you watched him play this season he was absolutely flawless. Then there is Chivu and Materazzi who are injured and suspended respectively and have been poor. Rivas and Burdisso (who I rate highly) are still inconsistent. Maxwell is injured.

Midfield; injuries everywhere. Almost every player in midfield is injured or just coming back from long term injuries except for Zanetti. Vieira, Jimenez, Figo, Stankovic are all returning from long term injuries. Dacourt is injured for the season, Pele is 19 and Maniche and Cesar are both injured or just recovered from niggles. Cambiasso injured.

Attack; Ibrahimovic has been hiding an injury for 6 months which is very serious. Cruz is injured. Crespo has been injured a lot and completely not fit. Suazo has just come back from a 2 month lay off.

This team has no chance against Liverpool. Roma will do what Lazio did to Juventus a few years a go.

·
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I did open it, look harder. Its right under the "Arsenal splash $25M on English talent" thread.

Ironic I know, however maybe there is some sense in Inter signing more Italian's. They can't be as injury prone as all these foreigners.

·
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4th spot wouldn't be all the bad. Inter finishing fourth would mean Roma, Juve, Fiorentina, ahead of us and put Milan out of a Champions League spot.

Since we are in probably losing the scudetto anyway I'd rather just finish fourth with the above senario and rest key players for next season as Nacka suggested.

What a horrid situation.

Nevertheless
Forza Inter

·
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol....6 points is more then enough with our regular squad, the sqaud that achieved the lead at the top of the table.

Sadly, injuries have taken their toll and 6 points in nothing with the Coppa sqaud we are fielding these days.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,958 Posts
lol....6 points is more then enough with our regular squad, the sqaud that achieved the lead at the top of the table.

Sadly, injuries have taken their toll and 6 points in nothing with the Coppa sqaud we are fielding these days.
don't get my hopes up :groan:

it will be a walk in the park for you guys

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
There is no park to walk.

If there was one, you lot acm, would have Topped it.. since you lot claim it (Serie A) to be a negligible league, unimportant

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
I remember something like that in the Juve forum in 2005-6. I think Microsoft fan boy started it. Yes, It was "Mission: throwing scudetto" or something, after Juve started to draw and lost a game towards the end of the seson.

This side does look like the old Juve in every asoect you may think :lala:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
There is no park to walk.

If there was one, you lot acm, would have Topped it.. since you lot claim it (Serie A) to be a negligible league, unimportant
every park has junkies, homeless, weak, etc :lala:

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
That sounds like an anti-jinxing thread ;) First loss in the league is not a crisis...
2-0 down against Liverpool can't be considered as no chance, Deportivo came back from 4-1 down against Milan.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
lol you only lead the league by 6 points now, that's like...only 6 points!

what a bunch of chokers :howler:
We are past masters at throwing away the title. If we want to give it up for 4th place, then we will. Now run along, or Don Massimo will consider revoking your UEFA Cup spot and hand it over to Samp or Napoli.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
You guys have Maniche, he's class :dielaugh:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
really, then cheating, con-jobs cannot be ruled out for these junkies, homeless, weak. They must stink too..
You didn't get it :wallbang:

·
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That sounds like an anti-jinxing thread ;) First loss in the league is not a crisis...
2-0 down against Liverpool can't be considered as no chance, Deportivo came back from 4-1 down against Milan.
No anti-jinxing here bud, just reality.

If we had our full team I would agree with you RE a comeback,but unfortunatly Inter are in a deep injury crisis.

As I said, with this team, no chance against Liverpool. The league will be a battle in itself, we could even slip to third or fourth if this continues.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts