Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After winning their first game in many weeks, Inter are set to win two other ‘games’: the signings of Ryan Giggs and Sol Campbel.
Both players have refused to extend their contracts with Manchester United and Arsenal and their future with their respective clubs is highly in doubt. In fact if the two British players do not sign a new contract soon, they will be placed on the transfer market in June to avoid losing them on a free next year.

Giggs would solve the left wing problem while Campbel would strengthen a defensive department which has been appalling this season. To arrive to these two players, Inter will need to defeat the stiff competition of Newcastle and Bolton for the Welsh player, whilst Campbel is also on Juve’s wishlist.

However in both cases, the nerazzuri have the advantage of offering the two players better financial contracts which would sway the balance in their favour.

Goal.com

Sounds very intresting. there was another interisting news to: http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=34797&progr=13

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Not interesting at all to be honest.

Why would we want old players like Campbell and Giggs when we already have younger versions of them in our squad? :googly:

Mancini is yet to use Kily on the left. I believe Kily will suit perfectly to Mancini's system once he's back to full fitness.

We DONT need any more midfielders! nor forwards for that case!

Although I agree we really need to strengthen our defense, I'm all but against Campbell's arrival. We need a young, energetic, focused and prosperous player who will thrive for glory instead of money, as in most old players' cases.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
they are old...we need young players...

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
VDM for Cassano ?!
i really hope that this is some kind of joke :s

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I heard we will buy Luisao but as always nothing that I say ever happens :D

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our defence needs a true leader. Not that kind of an player who needs leader to play well - like Canna. And he must have some kind of an experience. Not some young 20 year old whos good in some games but can make silly mistakse in other one. New defender should be around 27-29 years old. That's what i think.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanna add: Just but Campbell againist Burdisso or Ferrari or who ever is new generation defender. Campbell is far more confident and would be much much better.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
we were suppost to sign Campell years ago but didn't happen, i dont think this is gonna happen now. Same goes to giggs. We have kily on the left and we dont use him, we karag can play cover a lot of the midfield and we don't play him. We traded cannavaro for carini and we dont use him.

So what's the piont to get anyone?

I agree that we should sign a defender, but now that coco is back we should sit tight and see his level of play (even though he is half glass...).

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Too late for a big club like Inter to buy those players. Inter should have bought them two or three years ago. You should invest on young players.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
What left wing problem?

There Are Kily, Rebecchi, Davids, Emre, Karagounis, Veron...who all could play there.

For left Back, JZ, Cordoba, Coco, Pasquale, Potenza

Buying Batistuta/mihaijlovic-like players in exchange for 'reserved-players' are not the solution, Mancio must try to get it right in his damn system. And you know what... Gammara might be something that he missed.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Inter are not going to sign Campbell:

"We are closer to agreement with him [Campbell]. If you are going from Newcastle to London, we're at Watford." - Arsene Wenger.

In an interview with the BBC yesterday in regards to the racism in the Spain vs. England match, Sol expressed his desire to stay with Arsenal. If he leaves it will be to go to Chelsea as Sol doesn't want to leave London.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
who would want to leave london?
arsenal are at their peak, they have a very good team, and maybe they cant offer what inter could offer but arsenal and london is a nice place to bring up kids etc.

I am an admirer of sol campbell, he is not too old (giggs is though) and i think he would compliment our side very nicely. But we are not likely to get him

1 - 13 of 13 Posts