Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A giants Inter will have to play their next four European matches behind closed doors, UEFA’s Disciplinary Body decided on Friday.
The decision comes in the wake of the flare throwing on behalf of the Inter fans that forced Markus Merk to suspend Tuesday’s Champions League Euro-Derby.

In addition, if in the next three years the Inter 'tifosi' committ any further disorders, the club will automatically have to play another two games behind closed doors.

The Nerazzurri will also have to pay a fine equal to 300,000 Swiss Francs.

UEFA also decided that the abandoned match’s final score is 3-0 for Milan

Source: Goal.com

They were let off the hook IMO, only 4 games? And behind closed doors? :googly:

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
The most important thing is that even though the match was abandoned, Inter still lost thanks to the crowd trouble. Because if the match was replayed or the last 17 minutes were to be played it would be totally unacceptable.

The most important thing is that they are thrown out of the competition. That's all that really matters.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
UEFA was way too lenient with them. Inter got off the hook easy. Anyways ... let's move on ... there are two semi-final ties awaiting in a very good quality CL tournament.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
4 games with doors closed is a big financial blow, even for Inter....

It would have been too much to expect a competition ban in this day & age. There is too many interests involved, inclusive of UEFA itself, for such a thing to happen.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
What about the away fans ? Would have been more appropriate to make them play at some other venue where the away fns could attend.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I never get it why the other team wins 0-3 then.
AC Milan was leading 0-1 so why not keep the 0-1 score?? :D

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Too light a pusnishment. I am not sure what message they are sending, like when the Spanish federation got a slap in the wrist.

Had Dida gotten hit on the head, would it had been different? 10 cm make that much of a difference?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
67,010 Posts
fair punishment. wtf was Dida doing walking around the Penalty box with all those flares raining down? 2nd time this shit happened with him, attention whore lol.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
0-3, so do they count sheva's goal ?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think 3-0 is the aggregate score not the score for the actual 2nd leg match.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anton said:
I think 3-0 is the aggregate score not the score for the actual 2nd leg match.
It's 3-0 for the abandoned match and 5-0 on aggregate for Milan.

4 games in an empty stadium is a light punishment for Inter. If they finish 3rd in Serie A this season, they'll play one home game in the CL qualifying round, and three more in the group stages, so the ban will be over once the knockout phase begins.

·
Registered
67,010 Posts
why is it such a light punishment? explaine. Inter fans are angels compared to Roma ones, and Roma only had to play one game behind closed doors after the Frisk incident.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Dmitriy said:
wtf was Dida doing walking around the Penalty box with all those flares raining down?
I stand corrected. Dida is at fault, he should be the one getting the four game banned.

That will teach him to stay away from your penalty area!

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
The Merengue said:
What about the away fans ? Would have been more appropriate to make them play at some other venue where the away fns could attend.
Then home advantage would be out the door. Can't have that.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Dmitriy said:
why is it such a light punishment? explaine. Inter fans are angels compared to Roma ones, and Roma only had to play one game behind closed doors after the Frisk incident.
Exactly.

What is this "light punishment" nonsense? Inter got EXACTLY the punishment the offense deserved, based on UEFA'S OWN rulings on previous incidents.

I suspect many people were after a European ban or some other bullshit. Despite the fact that there was no serious stadium damage, no pitch invasion, no deaths amongst players/fans, or any other thing that would ACTUALLY deserve such punishment.

UEFA are simply going by their own precedent, so there is no reason to complain.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts