Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the guy who was headed up by Milan and Parma, is now a nerazzuri.....this probably means that Fiore isn't coming.....but can anyone tell me how good he is and if he is an offensive/defensive midfielder.....with Pirlo, Recoba, Seedorf, we need a defensive midfielder....

FORZA INTER

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
As far as i know, Farinos is a defensive midfielder. But he also can play as an attacking midfielder. You can compare him with Roberto Baronio :)

Forza Lazio

I

·
0 Posts
Farinos is a 22 attacking midfield i believe...is an excellent player...good buy but once again lippi has no faith in our young italians like PIRLO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don´t know about this farinos deal, first inter paid too much for him sure he´s a good player, but for me mendieta was valencias best midfielder, but one should wait and see whats happens when he stars playing
I see the valencia "miracle" as a team effort and not a team made off superior individuals so i don´t know how farinos will adjust to a new team and leauge

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes,i agree that Farinos is a little too expensive.He's not even a superstar yet,worthy of the price.I've would have taken some time to consider this purchase,if i were Moratti,but ya guys know him rite.I wonder if Lippi is the one who suggested the buying of Farinos.I can only hope he does well in Inter and prove that he is worthy of the money Inter paid for him..

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with kris that Valencia's miracle was a team effort (INTER can learn something from that), but as for my question, is Farinos a defensive or offensive midfielder....because with him, Lippi may be tempted to sell Pirlo+Ventola and get Fiore.....as for Lippi's comments about getting 5 or 6 young Italians, well that was just a bunch of crap.....

If Farinos is a defensive midfielder, than the purchase is good, otherwise, it is just a case of Moratti spending money on a player we don't need.....WE NEED PIRLO!!!!!!!

FORZA INTER!!!

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I can for sure tell you that he´s a defensive midfielder. I have seen him a lots of times and he´s very good. It´s not Fiore who has his place it´s more that Almeyda wont come.

I

·
0 Posts
I agree that if Inter was going to be any midfielder I would have choosen Mendieta. They guy is awesome. He can control the midfield like a conductor in a symphony. I was surprised at the price Inter paid for Farinos. It was a bit steep. I do think that Lippi has faith in our Italian players. I'm sure he will give Pirlo the chance to play regularly. BTW was Lippi the coach that brought up Del Piero? I'm not sure. If so then maybe Pirlo is the next Del Piero.

M

·
0 Posts
yes...I think he could help us a lot too...but only if he is givent the chance...and not sitting on the bench....all the time...

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Lets get something clear: the price Inter paid for the player is nothing short of a joke. I think its around £12m UK / $20M US which is just f**ing scandalous from a financial point of view. For that price Inter should really be buying Mendieta or Viera, not a relatively unproven talent like Farinos.

He is a defensive midfielder so that seems to rule out the Almeyda purchase. It certainly won't rule out the Fiore purchase.

And its a real pity that Inter haven't signed any Italians yet. Moratti and Lippi talked so much about young Italian talent and then they go and buy Farinos and Hakan Sukur (although that transfer hasn't been finalised).

·
Registered
677 Posts
What a slight surprise! I never even imagined Inter would sign such a player. But if Milan and Inter are both interested then this player can surely play football. I really know nothing about this player except for the fact that he was from Valencia (I hardly recognized him from the CL since I only watched highlights of Valencia matches). Anyways lets hope he brings a improvement to the squad and be a useful player!

·
Registered
429 Posts
This has nothing to do with lack of trust in Pirlo. Farinos
will fill up for the leaving Georgatos on the leftflank.
Is he too expensive? Don't know, all I know is that this bought seems a bit hasty. We'we never even been linked to him before. This wut I think went through Moriattis mind:

"Geo is leaving. I got to get someone to fill up for him. Ahh phuck it, I'll wait a while til someone interesting is availible." A couple of weeks later. " Peruzzi, is gone and I got about 18 mill on my hand. Wut shall I do with them? Javier Farinos is availible for that price!! Who is he? Ahh, he plays for Valencia. Valencia players should be good. Lets get him."

I hope they(Inter) know wut their doing.

S

·
0 Posts
excuse me, but i remember everypne saying milan makes the smart signings??????

now we get milan's signing and u complain????
milan were gonna pay something like 19.5 million US
we payed half a million more and got him......at then end of the season, u'll know where that half a million went......PLUS pirlo is an attacking midfielder, farinos defensive........they don't concern each other....bet on this being our final major signing (starting player) this off season........jugovic or cauet might leave.....mutu will see playing time.......as for chino, i doubt he;ll stay with mutu forward, pirlo attacking midfielder...the money we get by selling him is worth more than a back up....

I

·
0 Posts
Money is of non concern. We need quality players who stick with us through the hard and good times.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why is everybody bashing Moratti??? The only reason he made the deal was because he got $17.5M dollars for Peruzzi, all he did was transfer that money over to Valencia, it is not like he took that money out of his pocket....at the end of the day, when you think about it in principle, Inter swaped Peruzzi for Farinos and Ballota....it's not that bad, at least give the guy a chance before you get on his case, he is only 22!!!

But you guys should really give Moratti and Lippi more credit, i mean you guys are bad mouthing them but last year they went out and got Peruzzi and Blanc, two guys that NO ONE was happy for being here, but they turned out to be two of the best players we had....give them a chance guys, there not as stupid as you may think!!!

FORZA INTER!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Valencia's director denied Farinos deal
Jaime Orti, Valencia's vice-president, denied on Monday the move of Francisco Javier Farinos to Inter is completed yet. Inter announced that last Friday through its official website pages.

"The whole matter is just another joke of soccer in Italy, they use to proceed in this way" Orti said, Ansa press agency reports.

The director added it's not true Farinos already signed a five years contract and that Valencia didn't receive just one of 3 billion pesetas (€18.6m) wanted by the rescission clause.

However Inter could solve this problem in a short time, but Orti continued "This is not the normal behaviour to keep! They assured the deal was completed, but they didn't pay at all. Now we won't make easier things to allow us to sign the player".

T

·
0 Posts
Farinos will be at Inter...I like that...I dont know why everyone hates him...I really liked him when he played in CL...he played defensive midfielder and did a lot of the defense...Inter could use that...But Mendieta would have been a better choice...I dont think he is for sale...Farinos replacing Jugovic is a 100% improvement...I would still keep Cauet just in case of injuries etc..he has his heart at inter, that would help him stay....

As far as the transfer issue...its complecated....Farinos had a buy-out clause in his contract...Inter bought him out and signed him to a 5 year contract....They didnt pay Valencia any TRANSFER FEE...Remember this??? just like the Ronaldo Issue...Valencia contacted Fifa to intervene...But since, Farinos is not Ronaldo, this will be settled faster...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts