Xtratime Community banner

Inter fans: who would you like to meet in the last 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
60,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poll time ! (but I'm no mod so that's more like a signal for the people in power here :tongue: )

Ok we're through so who's next ? Which team do you want to avoid the most in Friday's draw and which team you'd like us to play in the quarter finals ?

I have a hunch that we'll get Chelsea. Mourinho was there at the Olimpico taking notes, he definitely knows something that we don't. :D ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I did my draw and I got this.

Milan-Bayern
Juve-Lyon
Chelsea-Inter
Liverpool-PSV

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
perfect draw would:

Milan vs chelsea
bayern vs juve
liverpool vs lyon
Inter vs psv

Doudt it will happen but it would be great.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would like to get Liverpool but it would not be bad to beat Chelsae!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Ok since we're in the final 8 I could hope for a little bit of luck. I'd love to qualify to the Semis and in order to do that we had better face the easiest team.

Lets see, all the teams are tough, but I guess PSV would be the best option for now. They dont seem to have the squad depth of champions, nor the players, although they seem to play well. Admittedly, I have never seen them in action this season. I've made a commitment to myself to watch the replay of the Round of 16 matches of the team that we are bound to clash with in the Qurater finals. Should be interesting.

Teams I'd like to avoid are Chelsea and Lyon (for some weird feeling). I have a feeling Lyon will have an impact on the CL this season as they're packing a huge momentum right now. Those underdogs with a big momentum are the most dangeous teams. Chelsea is simply not a good idea.

I wouldn't mind Liverpool though :strong:

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Glen said:
I would prefer if you met Milan. That gets both of you out of the way, and it would be a tremendous mental strain on Milan in the scudetto hunt. In other words - perfect :D.
yeah if we got milan we both will be out of the CL, leaving only three teams into the semi-finals that means juve with a bit of their magic would go directly to the final :cool: :happy: :sweeteye:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Its a Cliche, but i would like to avoid Chelsea and Milan and Juve

I am 60% confident we would beat Lyon, PSV, LPool,

55% Bayern

The Chelsea game would be 40%

and Milan and Juve 49
%

Avoid the Italians and Chelsea, and we should be through
I am not afraid of Bayern or Lyon or LPool or PSV

However i fear Mourinho's solid English team most
Milan we will outplay for the second time in the last 10 years and lose for some damn unexplained fcking reason
Juventus...i dont like playing against Capello

·
Registered
95 Posts
PSV and Liverpool are the obvious choices. But I could care less who we face. The only team I feared going into the round of 16 was Barca and now they're out.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Perfect draw

Inter-PSV
Milan-Liverpool
Juventus-Bayern
Lyon-Chelsea

Inter, Milan, Juve, Lyon advance

Semis:

Inter-Milan
Juve-Lyon

Lyon-Inter FINAL.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have posted this dream draw of mine in the Inter - Porto thread, but I would like to also post it here :smileani:

My dream draw would be:

Quarter Final:
Juve - Liverpool
Inter - PSV
Milan - Chelsea
Bayern - Lyon

Juve will beat Liverpool and Milan will beat Chelsea, firming the fact that Serie A is better than EPL. And of course, we will eat PSV.

Semi - Final:
Inter - Juve
Milan - Lyon

We will put an end to the drug-snorting team's run in Europe.

Final:
The Derby della Madonnina
Hopefully this game will not put people to sleep. I don't care if we bribe the ref, send Materazzi to injure Kaka, or PKs, you name it! I don't care how, but WE MUST BEAT MILAN!!!!! :fero: :fero: :fero:

Final scoreline: 3 - 2 for Inter after ET
Milan will score the first goal through Kaka, then Inter will equalize through a header by Vieri. Milan then score again through Sheva, and Inter equalize yet again through Miha's tremendous FK. The game turns out to be a messy affair with Materazzi and Gatusso both sent off by the referee. In the last minute of the extra time, Adriano, using all the energy that he has left, dribbles past 4 tired Milan players, scores, and sends millions of Inter fans around the world to the state that we have never experienced before.

The European Champs:
FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO

What an incredible European run by Inter!!!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
FACCHETTI: "APPLAUSE FOR THE FANS"
Wednesday, 16 March 2005 00:38:17

MILAN - "It was a 'win or you're out match," said Giacinto Facchetti to Inter Channel after Inter's victory over Porto. "Even after the 1-1 draw away from home, it still wasn't an easy match. The team showed it has great quality; we can dominate any opponent. We still have to improve as there are those moments during the ninety minutes when we have problems. When we manage to find consistency over ninety minutes we will be able to reach big objectives. It's a psychological thing, not of the players' quality. We have to work hard to avoid these things."

Facchetti applauded the Meazza faithful for their fantastic support. "I have to thank the fans. They are always behind the team, they cheered the team throughout. And all the banners were splendid. They deserve this victory and qualification, and I hope they remain as close to the team as this."

The Inter president concluded: "Let's concentrate on the championship now. It will help us find the consistency we're looking for and help us reach our goals in the Champions League. And that's without forgetting the important objective of third place. The draw? I hope we will face the Italian teams at the end."

Why is he hoping for us to face Milan or Juve? so strange...

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
LiquidFire said:
Why is he hoping for us to face Milan or Juve? so strange...
Did someone say masochist?:lala:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Well.....there is a 29% chance that Inter will face an Italian team.

If the teams you fear are Chelsea, Milan and Juve - then there is a 57% chance you will avoid them.

There is a 38% that 2 Italian teams will play eachother in the quarter finals

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
There are no rules dian. It is totally random....Italian teams can play eachother...you can play a team you played against in the group stages etc etc.

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
I would say that we should face a stronge side next, If we realy gona win this so we should have no fear from anyone.. we should face a stronge team and beat the hell of him and make everyone else afraid.. that`s the way I want it to be, I think I`ve made my point already in my clip ;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.