Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look in this forum more often since Inter's loss to Milan...and since then I'd say most Inter fans have lost the ability to be positive or make any good observation of what Inter lack and what can be done. I also think a lot of you exaggerate Inter problems as being the end of the world...Inter problems are very small compared to other football teams...I mean Inter is just under-performing it's not like Inter today gone tomorrow kind of problems.

The typical responce in the forum in terms of what need to be done at Inter to solve this under-achieving is either Zac needs to be sacked, Cuper to return or a player/s need to go or a player/s need to be bought.

Well Inter have tried sacking...but it didn't work...

Inter have tried buying...but that didn't work...either

So the solution? There is none...Inter management will have to keep trying till something works out for them. In the mean time you fans need to be staying positive and not just when your team is doing well...and if some of you went to the stadium to support Inter you would only add to the problem faced by the club of under-achieving.

So to conclude...Some of you spoilt brats need a reality check on what a problem is...and that throwing your toys out of the pram is not the solution but only adds more fuel to a fire to a frivolous arguement.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Perhaps you are right. Thankfully we do not have the collapse of Parmalat and the legacy of the Tanzi family to contend with. But you must admit, Inter are rather pathetic. Any team who surreders a 2-0 lead in a derby needs to be sorting out.

Also, the first match of the Coppa Italia semi-final, Inter should have buried Juventus by the end of the first half but they missed a great many chances.

It just seems that when that little bit extra is required, Inter comes up short. We just ask that our players give that little bit extra. Perhaps then, losing will not be so difficult to take. And who knows, maybe the team will even win...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it's down to the Inter player giving that bit extra...I think it down to their environment...which is too....much for some to take. They are being sort of rushed to achieve things...if there was more peaceful environment then maybe things would change.;)

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Gaga please understand that your theory about not changing its wrong, This has happend with us in the past.

People said dont buy a new leftback, Inter always buys so much! there you good we had to play gresko and we lost the scudetto.

It is absurd to think that just by sticking to 1 coach our problems will be over, if we fallow that logic we should put you in charge of inter for 20 years and supposely you would get us a title.

We need a coach that it is good and then we keep him.

We need good players and then we keep them, holding on to the wrong players like in the gresko case will prove to be useless.

Cuper still has some fans because he did better than any other coach in the moratti Era under the same situation, if he had lost lots of games in our first season we wouldnt be supporting him.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I base my opinion the fact that Inter sack coaches just as fast as they hire them. If I had seen more stability with Inter's history in keeping coaches I would agree with you but 1-2 seasons is not enough. Minimum 3-5....but ok let's say Inter get Capello how long would you allow Capello to stay if results didn't change at Inter? He is argueably the best coach in the world...would you give him time?

Judging by the press these days...if Inter lose to Roma, Cuper's on the way in again since his contract is still valid till 2005. Seems someone at Inter made the wrong choice if he is re-hired as coach.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Angelo Moratti had 10 coaches in his first 8 years... Milan sacked Zac the Maldini and Co then Terim and Finally arrived to ancelotti. They sticked with the coach that they wanted, but not under the idea of sticking to a coach just for stability sake.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Gaga, i also dont believe your theory is correct. I understand that if a club keeps changing coaches they will never settle on a given style of play but we had Cuper for several years and the team still lacked coherence and style. I do not believe these things matter more than results but at Inter, there is a great deal more going on clubwise in terms of environment than at any of the other top clubs. The media speculation and criticism of the team is so extreme that the players are scared and nervous when they take to the pitch. And we are not talking about school boys here, we are talking about fully trained professionals. The environment at Inter is not conducive to winning. It should be noted that when there was a media blackout soon after Zaccheroni arrived the team did alot better. We had a great deal less to dicuss but the team did play better when training sessions were held behind closed doors and players were not allowed to give interviews.

The club should simply boycott the meida. Obviously, the circus that is Inter gets great media attention which helps sells newspapers and makes Inter the laughing stock of Italy. Simply cut off the supply of information and starve the media until they change their approach to the club. This could backfire sensationally as the media would get frustrated and possibly take an even more destructive path but it is something that has not yet been tried and may allow the team, squad and club to operate in a calmer environment.

Just a final note on Gresko...
I often think back to the 5 May and still can not believe how close we came to winning a championship. 45 minutes and it would have been ours. In my 14 years as a supporter I have never been so disappointed and to think we may have had a chance if we had not conceded the equaliser a little before half time after Gresko's mistake. I knew from the moment the players went in at half time that the team was going to fall apart. Gresko's error was shocking. Those days of competitiveness seem so long ago.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
We had cuper for severla years yet we only gave him 6 games to play with what he wanted, real wingser who could cross and a tall defender. Actually, that tall defender never came. The fault is in the transfer policy of the club.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Thats was something that has ALWAYS pissed me off about Inter. Always trying to play up the middle, straight into a defensive wall. No initiative whatsoever to try and take the ball around the defence...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts