Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter fans banned from Parma Thursday 15 May, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been confirmed that Inter fans will not be allowed to travel to Parma’s Stadio Tardini for the Nerazzurri’s Scudetto decider this weekend.

The title race has gone to the wire and will be decided this Sunday, but the top two are both away from home for their all-important final games.

The initial decision from the Osservatorio – a task force set up to stem football-related violence – was that Inter supporters would be allowed to follow their side to Parma, while Roma fans were banned from visiting Catania.

Police in Sicily had feared the possibility of violent clashes should Giallorossi tifosi pour into Catania and felt they should put safety first, while such concerns weren’t voiced in Emilia-Romagna.

However, this ruling provoked outrage in the peninsula as many saw it as an unfair advantage for the leaders.

After reviewing the situation, Parma police chief Paolo Scarpis has announced that there will be no away fans at the Stadio Tardini on Sunday.

“I had no doubt that the fans of Parma and Inter are well behaved but I have to declare that the away end will be closed to Nerazzurri Ultras and that the tickets will be given to school children or sold to the local public,” he stated.

“Furthermore, the indication from Rome’s police that Giallorossi fans could arrive has increased the possible danger.

“The forces of law and order in our city will be in a position to control the situation and it is our duty to prevent any possible damage to the city. I hope that Sunday is a festival of sport whatever the final score is.”

While there can be no more accusations of favouritism, there is likely to be widespread disappointment that fans will have to watch the finale of an epic title race on TV.

channel4.com

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
great news :thumbsup: :pp

it`s a kind of fair decision for even Roma who will even play in catania without their fans as well ..we know that both inter and roma are looking for title this sunday . also , it`s really will assure us to prevent the violence which is expected to happen in such these occasions .

after this decision , it`s time for parma and their fans to focus on sunday .. it`s game of the season , absolutely ! :fero:

GO PARMA GOOOO

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
This has got to be one of, if not the only, sensible thing the Italian FA has done since i've followed Calcio.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
This has got to be one of, if not the only, sensible thing the Italian FA has done since i've followed Calcio.
Both sets of fans should be allowed to travel, it's ridiculous. With that being said though, I am glad because it gives us a good advantage.

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
Thank you Paolo Scarpis, the Parma police chief for those who don't
know is gialloblu to the core! :proud: :D

I'll take any advantage offered, no matter how small.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Both sets of fans should be allowed to travel, it's ridiculous. With that being said though, I am glad because it gives us a good advantage.
No i meant making the away fan situation the same in the Tardini as it is in Catania.

Of course it's ridiculous, but what would have been more ridiculous was letting one set of away fans go, and not the other.

Only in Italy...... jeeze, if this happened in England there would be such an uproar! Why arn't Inter and Roma fans very angry about this???

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Ridiculous huh? Biased you are all. F-in reciprocality. Parma fans were allowed to travel to San Siro, Catania fans were banned from Rome. Simple as that. Argue against the logic of that.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Really, this decision is baffling. "Roma fans are banned so Inter fans have to be banned too?" That's exactly the sort of fvckwittery I expect from the Italian FA.

And dear God, a Rangers avatar? Excuse me whilst I vomit.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Kind of a sad indictment on the state of Italian calcio when traveling fans cannot even attend the biggest games of the season for fear of reprisal or some sort of vehemency between supporters.

Tbh, I was actually looking forward to the added atmosphere the Inter tifosi would have brought to the Tardini.

Being a Parma follower...I sure hope they sell the Curva sud tickets to Parmigiani rather than leaving them vacant.

·
Registered
45,393 Posts
It's a farce. Agree with cam on this.

Btw, always wanted to say that I like the Parma fans in here. Genuinely great bunch of people. :thumbsup:

With the exception of LL. :) He's just aight. :D

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Ridiculous huh? Biased you are all. F-in reciprocality. Parma fans were allowed to travel to San Siro, Catania fans were banned from Rome. Simple as that. Argue against the logic of that.
Biased because I believe away fans should be aloud to travel and support their clubs like all the other top leagues?
You my friend, are a fvcking clown.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Being a Parma follower...I sure hope they sell the Curva sud tickets to Parmigiani rather than leaving them vacant.
Aye, because lets consider how many times we've sold out this season :howler:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Aye, because lets consider how many times we've sold out this season :howler:
Well this game will surely be a sell-out. Especially seeing the ticket prices.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it's a further example of FIGC incompetence. You'd assume after the Calciopoli fiasco they'd want to avoid that but nah.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts