Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inter confirm No 2 Fontana Monday 13 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Fontana will remain at Inter next season as reserve to first choice ‘keeper Francesco Toldo.

The 35-year-old has sufficiently impressed the Nerazzurri club of his ability over the past 12 months to ensure another year at the San Siro.

"The decision by the club to renew my contract has filled me with honour," announced the Cesena-born shot stopper.

"It shows that my work has been appreciated by the club. My body will allow me to continue playing for a few more seasons at the highest levels.

"I hope that I can do well for the club next season too in a bid to repay the board and the Coach for their faith in me."

The 1.85m tall ‘keeper started his professional career back in 1985 with his home-town club. He has also starred for Vis Pesaro, Bari, Atalanta and spent six months at Napoli in 2001.

He joined Inter last season and has played well when standing in for international goalkeeper Toldo, who also signed last summer from Fiorentina.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Fontana made some good performances when he was called to play (not so often last season:D), and he always answered "ready"!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts