Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Inter have matched the all-time record for the number of draws in a 20-team Serie A season and must silence their critics by beating Fiorentina if they are to fight for a Champions’ League spot.

Once again, Roberto Mancini’s men failed to live up to expectations by coming away from Lazio with a 1-1 scoreline. That result – and Sampdoria’s defeat at Milan – at least enabled them to catch the Blucerchiati in joint third place. Alvaro Recoba remains sidelined along with the suspended Marco Materazzi, while Christian Vieri and Obafemi Martins should recover in time to feature. Mancio also has to deal with the 3-1 midweek Champions’ League win over Porto, so he could rotate the squad.

Fiorentina earned their first away point under Dino Zoff’s tenure last week, ending a run of three consecutive defeats on their travels, and also showed character by fighting back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at Lecce. Luca Ariatti is suspended, while Valeri Bojinov and Daniele Delli Carri are still out injured. Giampaolo Pazzini was forced to miss out on last week’s game at the last minute due to a flu virus, but he is back to partner Fabrizio Miccoli upfront

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Forza La Viola. :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL

Dude you have the same avatar as Andrw3

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL thanks..sorry i don't usually read sigs

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Miccoli apologises to Fiorentina

Saturday 19 March, 2005

Fabrizio Miccoli is still furious with himself after missing the crucial penalty against Roma midweek and aims to make up for it by scoring at Inter.

“I made a mistake and I humbly apologise to everyone,” said the Fiorentina star after the Coppa Italia shoot-out. “Goalkeeper Gianluca Curci did well to stay on his feet until the last moment. I should’ve hit it harder so he wouldn’t have been able to get there.”

Had Miccoli’s spot-kick gone in, it would have completed the lottery and seen the Viola qualify for the semi-finals. It went to sudden death and Tomas Ujfalusi struck the upright to send Roma through to face Udinese.

“It is a shame, as we had put in one of our best performances of the season so far,” continued the ex-Juventus man after their 1-0 win on the night.

“I feel so sorry for all the fans and my teammates, as the fact it was our resident penalty taker who made the mistake was particularly painful. I hope to make up for this error against Inter.”

Miccoli is somewhat out of practise, as Fiorentina were only recently awarded their first penalty of the Serie A season, which Miccoli converted in the 2-1 win over Reggina.

Coach Dino Zoff seems set to return to the 4-4-2 system for their trip to the San Siro, so Martin Jorgensen moves out to the left flank and goalkeeper Sebastian Cejas earns his Serie A debut following his Coppa Italia exploits.

“Now we have to bring forth that same conviction we’ve shown over our last few games,” concluded Miccoli. “The team is playing well and my rapport with Giampaolo Pazzini is improving, even if we’re still getting to know each other as strikers.”

The experience of Angelo Di Livio could prove precious in their trip to visit Inter, while Tomas Ujfalusi steps into central defence after a long injury lay-off.

channel4

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I think we'll keep the formation from the coppa..

Cejas, Maggio, Ujfalusi, Dainelli, Chiellini, Di Livio, Donadel, Obodo, Jorgensen, Pazzini, Miccoli

·
Registered
904 Posts
Is Maresca injured? Or has he not been playing well enough to start? I've hardly seen any matches this season because only the ones against Roma have been shown here. The match against Inter tomorrow will be shown where I'm at so I'm looking forward to it. Only problem is I read in one of the other threads on this board that we have a 0% chance of getting any points over the next 2 matches. Actually I'm hoping that's not the case. Seems we're putting out a pretty good lineup for this match.

How's Danielli been so far this year? I know overall our defence has been pretty poor, but Ujfalusi has been out for a long time so Danielli hasn't had a good parter in a while. I remember hearing of Danielle playing well in the begining of the season, but I hardly hear him mentioned nowadays. Is he still playing fairly well, or do we need to look for another starter in the off season? Either way, even if he is still good, we need another central defender so we have some depth.

chris...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Maresca is injured, again.

Probable formations:

Inter 4-4-2

Toldo, J. Zanetti, Cordoba, Mihajlovic, Favalli, Van der Meyde, Cambiasso, Veron, Kily Gonzalez, Cruz, Adriano

Fiorentina 3-4-1-2

Cejas, Ujfalusi, Viali, Dainelli, Maggio, Donadel, Obodo, Chiellini, Jorgensen, Miccoli, Pazzini

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Does anyone know why Zoff got so paranoid over a harmless question in the press conference? He stormed out when someone asked him if Miccoli deserved a place in the NT. Surely he isn't still being sore about Euro 2000..

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well, the match is over, and we lost 3-2. I suppose Inter deserved the win, mostly because of midfield play. We didn't get too many chances to our forwards, though we seemed to be a little better when Maresca came on for Donadel in the first half (before then our midfield wasn't able to get anything going).

Saw Miccoli subbed at the begining of the second half. Did he pick up an injury?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts