Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter - Fiorentina

This match takes place on Sunday night and is the last of the weekend games to be played. We are likely to be sixth after 5pm on Sunday and the likelihood of a victory is almost near nothing. We have not beaten Inter in Milano since May 2000, we had beaten them at home, in that magical season when we were supposed to have finished 3rd. We were a strong side then, with a strong mentality, every fan will remember the deflected goal scored by Christian Brocchi which took us 2-0 up at the time and gave us the 2-1 win in the end.

We are not playing well at the moment, we have been lucky to get the points we've been getting for a while now and the squad desperately needs strengthening. Nothing was done in the summer, nothing was done in the winter and now we are going to suffer. As all the Italian teams in Europe fall away from the stars and return to Serie A, our 4th spot will be cornered. Firstly as a fall back from the teams above us and secondly as a target spot for the teams below. Roma are now concentrating on 4th and Totti still wants to play Champions League football, you all saw last night how capable he still is and my feeling is that if we don't get lucky or start playing properly soon, then Roma will catch up and we'll be looking at a 'UEL' that's 'University of East London' for us normal people and to the freaks at UEFA, it's the 'Europa League'.

Surely we don't want to be part of that.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Inter - Fiorentina
We are likely to be sixth after 5pm on Sunday and the likelihood of a victory is almost near nothing.
I really hope you are wrong :D
I plan to watch Viola game without any expectations. Even our home games are mostly losses therefore hard to demand something more. They had midweek game against ManU but probably they aren't too tired as those bastards basically ended playing football after second goal and just walked around last 30 minutes.

My biggest hope is regarding our direct competitors.
Pazzigol and Cassano are frustrated about last weekend game against Bologna therefore I'm sure they will make all possible to show game like against Milan and demolish those capital s*****s will be demolished.
We all know how strong Cagliari can be at home and as they last season also won against Genoa at home I expect them to do same this time.
And we cannot forget our fellow neighbour Siena who managed to ruin our local derby playing "at home". They deserved draw against Milan playing in San Siro (who the heck said weaker teams are helped by referees:frustrat:) and I hope their revenge will be good at home turf.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Serious lack of interest in the game eh?

1-0 Inter lead at half time, Ibrahimovic with the strike. But apparently, we're dishing it out too. so...I guess we'll just have to see....

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
4 minutes left and Rivas comes in. We still have a chance :D

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a vision of Ibrahimovic scoring exactly that goal before the free kick was awarded. I was imagining him scoring it against Manchester United though.

That was a bit freaky.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I checked video of first goal and I'm amazed how is that possible that player is going to situation with so high foot. This is f*****g dangerous and f*****g referee should have whistled :mad: Damn, I hate playing against Inter rules :(

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
The first goal was bit unusual hehe, he looked borderline offside, goes up with WAY high foot (very clear), AND the ball bounds off his arm after Frey tries to clear it, and before he heads it in. Not major stuff, but 3 somewhat questionable stuff in one single goal :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
I saw the game and we finally played pretty good. Still, I'm getting tired of seeing that we play like we had Toni. I mean that in every match our defenders make like 50 long balls to Gila, Mutu or even Montolivo, and that doesn't work. Having Melo, Jorg and Montolivo, plus Mutu, we should put the ball on the pitch and not in the air. That's what I think. Gila has a good aerial ability, but today Samuel won almost every header and that happens a lot in serie A, cause there are lots of tall defenders. We must improve.

·
Registered
45,347 Posts
The number of times Fiorentina split the Inter defence in the 1st half said something though. If not for Julio Cesar's heroics, it might well have been a draw or a Fiorentina win.

Inter's defense improved later on though, with Cambiasso helping out as well.

But you're right. That approach can't always work and shouldn't be used as much as it was. I guess it just means you need to move for a tall player who your guys can hit with the high ball. He can knock it down for your other forwards. Scary prospect if the right guy is chosen.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
We played really well but Inter had two real chances - 2 goals ( I agree the 1st should, in most cases probably would have been, disallowed) but we had plenty and between Cesar and bad finishing couldn't do anything. Ibra's foot was at Frey's head.

Still spirit wise it was nice to see.

I agree with the Toni style of play though. It's ridiculous. It's like he bought Bonazzoli for the option but he will never start with Mutu y Gila so what's the point in playing that way at the start????:drunk:

Finally, I like Santon but that was a seriously bad challenge that should of been red.

Can't take anything away from Ibra's second goal though. Pure class

·
Registered
431 Posts
what a brilliant free kick that was, we were all up applauding that here!

nice of mutu to shake his hand straight after it went in too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts