Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
APPIANO GENTILE- Once Peralta's official introduction to the press was over, Gabriele Oriali had a few words to say about the transfer market negotiations. The Assistant Coach revealed Inter' s intention to sign a new forward : " Marcello Salas is a very talented player who can guarantee an efficient style of play and lots of goals. We'll talk with Lazio again, but the Chilean man is not our only objective". In the meantime Christian Panucci seems to be interested in Roma's offer. Inter are waiting for more news from the club.

http://www.inter.it/eindex.html

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It would be stupid to get Salas....the guy is NOT a team player...i mean, what if Inter don't make the top 4 next year in the Serie A, then what, he wants to play for a Cl team....The guy has the wrong attitude, the only reason he wants to come is because of the CL not because of INTER...

As for the forward they should get is Robbie Keane....he is YOUNG and one of the best up and coming players in the WORLD....I would only insert Keane with Vieri IF Recoba is allowed to play the left midfield role....that way Recoba is happy and Inter make a sound decision for now and the future.....

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Getting Keane would just be stupid, he is far too young, far too inexperienced and VERY inconsistent. I've seen the guy have bad games against very poor sides in England and internationally.

As for Salas he wants to join Inter because they are a big, famous club. Parma aren't therefore he didn't join them. Simple as that.

Anyway Oriali is basically confirming that Inter will bid for Salas. Lazio have to sell him so I think he'll be at Inter next season. And if that means we see less of Sukur then I'm happy.

And most importantly, because of Vieri's injuries it won't mean much less of Recoba, who's still gonna get plenty of games.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting Salas would be very stupid....first of all he costs way to much for a player who should be in a "Squad rotation system" and he does not have an EU passport.....Second of as Jupiter said,the guy is not a team player,he just wants to come because of the CL not because of INTER...and Third he doesn't score many goals.....If I Had to choose between Robbie Keane and Marcelo Salas,I would choose Keane(who is much cheaper,and younger than salas)....and in a few years time he would be better than Salas......

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
hey red, why don't you like Sukur?? the guy hasen't even been assigned a number let alone been able to play....remember how many people critisized Inter for getting Blanc, he turned out to be our most consistent defender....and if you don't want Keane, there is something seriously wrong with you....would't you want a player to actually LEARN at INTER....

That is the problem with everyone....you don't have patience for the young players....Keane is said to be one of the best young strikers in the world....Why does the word YOUNG scare you red???

Just because Inter aren't going after a $50 million striker somehow makes others upset

Wouldn't it be smart to get Keane at $15-18 million now, and let him develop at Inter, instead of getting him at $30-35 million in 5 years....i don't know about you but i would rather have a Pirlo or Keane in the starting 11 than a Jugovic or Salas

FORZA THE YOUTH!!!!!

[Edited by Jupiter on 28-07-2000 at 02:36]

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
well salas has a bigger chance but i will prefer keane

salas is great in the air
and is agile

keane is quick
keane is young
keane has a hard shot
keane has an acurate shot
keane passes alot
keane can play as a playmaker also

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Jupiter, I can guarantee you that I've seen a lot more of Robbie Keane than anyone else on this forum. He is too inconsistent and doesn't have the ability to match top class defenders in Serie A.

The guy only got about 12 goals last season in the EPL for god's sake. That translates as about 6 or 7 in Serie A, at most. The point is Keane WON'T develope by getting played off the park by Nesta and Thuram etc OR warming the bench for Vieri, Recoba and Sukur. He's not ready and I don't think he'll accept any move to Italy for at least a few more years. And £12m for the guy is a joke.

As for Salas he's more experieced, he's probably got better technique and most importantly he doesn't over dribble like Keane does.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've probably seen Keane more than you Red especially at international level (home and away , I'm there). Which bad games are you talking about at international level (and please dont give me that end of season US Nike cup thing). Did you see him against Jugoslavia/Argentina/Turkey etc etc? Inter have been trying to sign him since that Yugoslav game last year. The guy has genuine class and is a mature and dedicated lad too. There's no problems with him off the pitch.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
You Irish Badge? I was born and grew up in Dublin , and I've seen every international game Robbie's played.I was at all the matches you mentioned (Yugoslavia, Argentina, Turkey) The Scotland performance was pretty poor and he put in a notoriously bad performance against Arsenal for Wolves a couple of years ago. And there have been others.

I'm not saying he's bad, on the contrary I'm a huge fan and he's Ireland's best talent for years. I think in 5 years he'll be a fantastic talent and could easily play in Italy. But not now.

And he's certainly not in the class of Marcelo Salas who is a proven scorer in Serie A.

I wish Robbie all the best and I want him to do well which is why a move to Inter at the age of 20, is a BAD IDEA. Realistically he's not gonna play ahead of Vieri, Recoba, and Ronaldo (and possibly Salas aswell). He should do whats best for his career and stay in the EPL

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yep Dubliner thro an thro. Now... whats age got to do with anything? Its maturity levels that count. Most if not all of Brian Kerr's lads have great maturity and I would'nt see age as a stumbling block (how old was Gazza when he went to Lazio?? Older than Robbie but mental age of 6).

Vieri? Ronaldo? Never there.

Anyway even if it does'nt work out he can still learn loads and go back to the EPL. Staying at Coventry is no great career move either. The annual fight against relegation etc etc.

I reckon there will be others like McPhail (who Juve were looking at) and maybe or or two others who may end up in the Serie A (or Portugal is the Lisbon lads do well) in the future. Better than having them play in England thats for sure.

All in all he should go. Lets face it there are a few donkeys getting away with it in Serie A as it is. He has genuine skill and pace. Go for it I say.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
red, the point is that he is cheaper now and can learn here...you're talking about his bad performances a couple of years ago...FOR GOD's SAKE MAN THE GUY WAS ONLY 18!!!!

With Keane, he can become a great player....if Badge says he is that good, then I say get him....he is MUCH MUCH muture that Salas, who will only be a problem if he is benched....

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
OKok, i am a little late to reply this message, but comparing keane with salas is no competition.

Salas is definately one of the worlds most threathenin forwards, in the header , speed, skills, physically dominant, aggressive, and he is one of those players that would chase the ball when a defender make a back pass to the goalie.

and as to keane, well yeah, he is good, but i just can't see he has the power to fight off thuram , maldini

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
It's hard to say who is better purchase!!Both have their own advantages and disadvantages!!

Salas is no doubt more mature and adopt to Serie A,but he is no team player as all of you said!If Parma beat Inter in the CL playoff last season,I think he would have moved to Parma right at that night!!This guy is a star,no doubt,and a star himself expect to start every single match,which obviously no one can quarantee it under Lippi!!

Keane is not good enough for Serie A football now,but what he got is T&T!!Talent and Time!!!This guy is amazing!!He could be one of the best strilker or forward in the world as this guy is so comprehensive!!He is only 20!!And he knows he is gonna learn at Inter,so he would accept to be benched!!

better skills or better disipline I would go for the latter!!That's what Lippi want!!Look at Panucci and West!!!So,go for Keane!Strachan the Coventry manager said he would do everything to keep Keane stay!hehehe How hilarious is that!!!I mean,what can he possibly do?!To break their wage limit and raise his wage by 1000 pounds a week?!!Tell him we're gonna buy Rivaldo and Shevchenko and Zidane to bid for the Premiership or simple break his leg!!!!haha!!!

I expect him to be an Inter player,12M pounds are nothing for Moratti!!!

Forza Inter!!
Forza Ma Ming Yu!!!(1st Chinese player in Serie A)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Yoyoyo guys this is a joke right i am hearing guys here talking about Salas's speed? And Robbie Keane's prolific goal scoring you have gotta be kidding.

None of them are needed at INTER i am sure Colombo could be a better player.

Anyway we all know one o fthem will almost definately join INTER so if i had to chose i guess i would chose Salas only because he is proven in Serie A but he is in no way a team player. he is a bit selfish off the pitch but a brilliant player on it.

Anyone who turns down playing for Parma to warm the bench anywhere is not very intelligent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts