Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea have major concerns about Arjen Robben after scans of his damaged foot were inconclusive due to the amount of swelling and bruising.
The Dutch winger left Blackburn on crutches on Wednesday night after being hurt in a tackle by Aaron Mokoena and has not walked on the foot since.
Manager Jose Mourinho said: 'There are no conclusions for the moment. The only conclusion is big, big pain. Arjen cannot walk, he cannot put his foot on the floor and he is immobilised.

'The examinations are not conclusive at the moment because the inflammatory process is really big. Because of all the blood and fluid showing in the scan, they can't understand yet whether it is a fracture or not, or whether there is damage in a ligament or not.'

Robben is certain to miss Chelsea's match with Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=323992&cc=4716

·
Registered
123 Posts
thats bad news for you, he is has been one of your better players i feel since her arrived at standford bridge. i know you have many players that can fill in for him while is away, but i expect he is a player which many of the chelsea fans like to watch because of the exitment he adds to the game when he is in posession.

how arragant can the chelsea manager be, did anyone hear the other night when he was asked are you worried about injurys and he said something like "injurys dont worry me if all my strikers get injured i stick john terry upfront".

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
taylorowl23 said:
how arragant can the chelsea manager be, did anyone hear the other night when he was asked are you worried about injurys and he said something like "injurys dont worry me if all my strikers get injured i stick john terry upfront".
You write stuff like this, you better include a link or people will think you're full of shite.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
taylorowl23 said:
Grow up kid

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
taylorowl23 said:
thats bad news for you, he is has been one of your better players i feel since her arrived at standford bridge. i know you have many players that can fill in for him while is away, but i expect he is a player which many of the chelsea fans like to watch because of the exitment he adds to the game when he is in posession.

Stamford it's Stamford Bridge.

Capitalise your names and places aswell - John Terry not john terry.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Watching the Chelsea game at Ewood park all I can say is what a disgrace.

Is there some rule in England that states less talented teams have the right to kick their far surperior opponent off the pitch?

Mourinho was spot on as that was a fight and not football, how on Earth Savage did not recieve even a card is beyond comperhension.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I think the only problem Chelsea could suffer from would be a repeat of what happened to Arsenal in 2001-2002. They simply self destructed after thinking themselves up so much. If the Blues are too arrogant, they risk underestimating someone and losing.

After that loss, there's really only one other game to be lost. The United game will be very difficult with MU on a great run of form and at home, so that game could well be a loss for Chelski. Should they indeed lose those two, then they'd have to win 9 of their other 11 games, so it's by no means a forgone conclusion. However, this isn't to knock them, as they are deserving of their high spot and the only way they can lose is to beat themselves.

If I were a Chelsea supporter I would indeed be a little cautious about this, following the game with Blackburn. It was a poor game, very much tooth and nail football at it's truest, but the Money Men showed they can play the tough stuff too, grinding out a very good 1-0 victory. After the game, as we all remember, Mourinho acted as if they were now just one game away from the title, instead of 13 games from their first title victory in 40+ years. I don't deny them the right to celebrate, after such a game I would likely celebrate too, but I don't think they should have done it in such excess. This all comes down to Mourinho ordering them to throw their shirts into the crowd. This shows excessive arrogance with way too much football left in the season for any conclusions to be confirmed. This is a problem in two ways:

A) It gives Manchester United and Arsenal an even bigger target to aim for as they climb for the top. When you see your biggest foe mocking you by acting like they've already won it, it just gives you that extra spurt that can send you on a fantastic run, so on the slightest slip up will propel you to the top.

B) It gives you a false sense of accomplishment. If Chelsea think they have anything won, they are wrong. The title is still up for grabs, their biggest test is still yet come in visiting Old Trafford, as a loss there could crush them so that they'd collapse as the season comes to an end. This overconfidence, like I said, could lead to even the smallest slip up, and as we all know, a minor slip can lead to a major fall.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Isaac said:
I think the only problem Chelsea could suffer from would be a repeat of what happened to Arsenal in 2001-2002. They simply self destructed after thinking themselves up so much. If the Blues are too arrogant, they risk underestimating someone and losing.

After that loss, there's really only one other game to be lost. The United game will be very difficult with MU on a great run of form and at home, so that game could well be a loss for Chelski. Should they indeed lose those two, then they'd have to win 9 of their other 11 games, so it's by no means a forgone conclusion. However, this isn't to knock them, as they are deserving of their high spot and the only way they can lose is to beat themselves.

If I were a Chelsea supporter I would indeed be a little cautious about this, following the game with Blackburn. It was a poor game, very much tooth and nail football at it's truest, but the Money Men showed they can play the tough stuff too, grinding out a very good 1-0 victory. After the game, as we all remember, Mourinho acted as if they were now just one game away from the title, instead of 13 games from their first title victory in 40+ years. I don't deny them the right to celebrate, after such a game I would likely celebrate too, but I don't think they should have done it in such excess. This all comes down to Mourinho ordering them to throw their shirts into the crowd. This shows excessive arrogance with way too much football left in the season for any conclusions to be confirmed. This is a problem in two ways:

A) It gives Manchester United and Arsenal an even bigger target to aim for as they climb for the top. When you see your biggest foe mocking you by acting like they've already won it, it just gives you that extra spurt that can send you on a fantastic run, so on the slightest slip up will propel you to the top.

B) It gives you a false sense of accomplishment. If Chelsea think they have anything won, they are wrong. The title is still up for grabs, their biggest test is still yet come in visiting Old Trafford, as a loss there could crush them so that they'd collapse as the season comes to an end. This overconfidence, like I said, could lead to even the smallest slip up, and as we all know, a minor slip can lead to a major fall.
I don't think the players are arrogant, you can hear what John Terry said after each match.
Take a look at this

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Injured Robben fears season KO

:scared: Chelsea winger Arjen Robben fears he has broken his foot again and could be out for the rest of the season.
The Dutch international, who has become a driving force in the Blues' relentless push for four trophies, claims he knew instantly something was wrong when he was felled after scoring the winning goal at Blackburn in midweek.

Now he fears he may have suffered a recurrence of the injury that ruled him out for almost three months in pre-season.

Even if there has not been a break, Robben is resigned to being sidelined for some weeks - just as league leaders' season goes into overdrive.

Robben told the News of the World: 'This is a disaster - everything was going so well.

'It is a massive blow and comes just at the moment when I was in top shape and very fit.

'But now it is worthless and I have to fight back for the second time this season.

'I hate it because I know I am probably out of the game for weeks and weeks.

A medical examination was inconclusive because the swelling was so bad and Robben fears the worst when he returns to hospital for further tests.

He said: 'Even now, I feel that one of the bones in my foot is broken again.'
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=324198&cc=4716 :crybaby:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Robben May Have Broken His Foot
2/6/2005 4:01:00 PM
Chelsea’s inspirational Dutch winger, Arjen Robben, is worried that he might have broken his foot again and be sidelined for a lengthy spell.
Robben missed the first three months of this season with a similar injury, but sparked Chelsea to a new level when his recovery allowed manager Jose Mourinho to draft him into the team.

However, the Dutchman was hurt in Chelsea’s midweek win over Blackburn Rovers.

"It is a massive blow," he told the News of the World newspaper. "The swelling was so bad the doctor couldn’t see the damage, so next week I will go back to hospital. But even now, I feel one of the bones is broken."

He added: "I hate it because I know I’m probably out of the game for weeks and weeks."

Robben claims he knew immediately that something was wrong when he was fell under the challenge of Blackburn’s midfielder Aaron Mokoena.

"I felt my leg go," he said.

"I felt it straight away after Mokoena hit me with a wild kick on my left foot."
www.goal.com
---------------------------
:wallbang: :moan: :doh:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
youve sort of allready made a thread about this...

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Robben out for the seaon:

...Beautiful! Things are starting to come together! :D

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Well losing Robben's gonna be some blow. You only started really getting going this season when Robben came back. He provided the missing link in attack. Now with him gone, you'll struggle for sure, but remains to be seen whether the injury's come too late for Man Utd, and even Arsenal.

Already without him Chelsea have drawn against Man City 0-0 at Stmaford Bridge, a team I'm sure they would have liked to have given a right hiding after what happened earlier this season.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Now we will see if Chelsea have got the bottle to keep it together. If they still keep winning without him, then they deserve the title (But hopefully they won't:D)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts