Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal.com:

Thierry Henry has a "50-50 chance" of being fit for Sunday's Premiership clash with Liverpool, according to Arsene Wenger.

The French striker picked up a calf injury against PSV Eindhoven and limped off the pitch after Arsenal secured a battling 1-1 draw in Holland.

"Thierry is 50-50 because he has a lot of blood in his calf," Wenger told Arsenal.com at the training ground on Thursday. "He was limping because he was kicked in the calf during the game."

While Henry's participation at Anfield could be in doubt, Wenger had better news about Arsenal's other walking wounded.

Robin van Persie was stretchered off at the Philips Stadium but hopefully should recover in time to face Liverpool. Jose Antonio Reyes was taken off but is also fit, while Dennis Bergkamp faces a fitness test on his Achilles after missing the PSV game.

"Robin has a good chance to be fit," said Wenger. "It is just bruising, there is no twist in his knee. It is badly bruised but hopefully he should be OK. Reyes will be fit and we will see about Dennis on Friday."

The Arsenal manager was also upbeat about Sol Campbell, who returned from injury against PSV. Happily, he felt no ill-effects after a month on the sidelines.

"Sol came through very well," said Wenger. "I am very happy with that. Physically he is alright because he was well prepared."

Gael Clichy is still out with an ankle problem, although he could return to face Manchester United in the Carling Cup on Wednesday. Edu is out for three more weeks while Gilberto and Jeremie Aliadiere are long-term absentees.

----

:D:D:D:D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
so Henry will play then, i've never known him not play when he is rated 50:50 by Wenger.

I think Wenger rated him only with a 20% chance at OT and he still played. :thmbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts