Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With baia in doubt that is obviously detremental and will affect portugal for the worse and altgough paulo sousa's injury is also bad doesnt any one else think that vidgal getting injured as well could be a blessing in disguise this way we are forced to play with one trinco.
As for sa pinto I personally would rather he played than nuno gomes but this could also be a blessing in disguise because we may be forced to play with an out and out striker.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nuno Gomes should have had the spot from the start. If you guys expect him to sit on the bench throughtout the qualifying stage, and the friendlies, and then come out scoring his first game? IT doesn't happen that way!!! Nuno should have played in all the friendlies-the entire game. He is the best finisher we have! The same goes for Pauleta!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I hope so...
The team has to be able to play, even with these bad surprises. They have to learn to play as a team, but flexible enough to overcome injury problems.

·
International
5,629 Posts
I have confidence in Nuno. I think he will shine in this tournament given the opportunity. As for Vidigal, I didn't know that he was injured...I thought they were saving him for England since he spends too much energy on the field and has a tough time getting it back, that's why he didn't play against the Dutch team.

Sa's injury I heard was too serious and he should play. As for Baia he will be fine. He's a big game goalie, and from the news I've heard, he keeps playing better and better in practice.

Also we are deep enough to overcome some injuries with the exception to Figo or Rui Costa.

VIVA PORTUGAL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts